- New skill animations.
- Some multi-hit skills (such as Sonic Blow, Cross Impact, etc) will now only show 1 hit frame.
- Inventory expansion (this feature is disabled during the beta phase of this client).
Two sets of hotkeys (alt-f to switch).
- No loading delay when selecting a character in a later slot in the character selection window.
- Locking chat window now also locks its position on screen.
- The new guild skills can be placed on your hotkey bar.
- Using @whosell in-game will now bring up a new window and, if you are in a town, you will be able to buy from any vending shop in-game.
- Garment layers have been fixed. Heads are now properly displayed below garments from the back view.
- New delete all and collect all options in ROdex.
How to install
We've made the installation process for the new client beta very easy for players!
- Run NovaRO Patcher (let it patch up).
- Right click on the patcher background.
- Select Client.
Pick the Beta Client option.
- Choosing Beta Client option will automatically backup your current client setup. If you wish to revert back to the default client, click on the Default Client option to restore your client from your backup.
Windows 7 issues
If you're still on Windows 7, chances are you will get a crash when closing the client. We might look into a way to fix this issue in the future, but if you want to avoid this warning for now, you can use the following steps:
- Open a command prompt (Start > Run), and type in gpedit.msc
- Go to Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Component > Windows Error Reporting
- Then right-click on "Prevent display of the user interface for critical errors" > Edit > and set to "Enabled".
There are a few known issues with the client and they should be resolved in due time. There has been a major change regarding how guild emblems are displayed. The default and newer client are not compatible with one another.
- When using the Beta Client, you will not be able to upload guild emblems.
- Once the testing phase is over, it will be the reverse. Older clients will not be able to upload guild emblems, only the newer one will.
- The guild emblems on the newer client may not be fully up to date (last update was on the 2020-03-07). Once the testing phase is over, this will no longer be an issue.
- NovaExt is currently disabled and will not work on the newer client. It will be added in due time (it is already being worked on).
- Homunculus AI is bound to NovaExt, so that will also not be working.