NovaRO Staff Application
Over the years, we at NovaRO have formed a strong team of staff members in order to help you with various in-game matters and assist you on the forums, among numerous other things. We are always tirelessly working to improve our players' game experience to the best it can possibly be. With this same goal in mind we are currently looking to expand that team further.
At present, we are primarily looking for people to aid us answering questions in #support channels, both in-game and in Discord. However, if you have other talents that you think would be great boons to NovaRO, don't be afraid to apply for positions that we did not specify or are explicitly looking for.
- Support Game Master
Do you love to help other players by solving their problems regardless of how big or small they are?
Are you a patient person and able to keep your temper under control no matter the situation?
Do you feel like an expert on the game and the Renewal system?
Do you think you have what it takes to become a member of our staff?
If you replied yes to any of these questions, you might be just the person we are looking for!
Note: Prior support experience is beneficial but not required. You should however have a very good grasp on the game in order to be an effective and professional Support GM.
Applications are now open to all interested players, note however that we do have a few requirements for you.
Detailed information on the application process, requirements, and rules can be found below.
Be sure to read this post thoroughly, and post any questions you may have in this thread before you begin filling in the application.
Any applications that do not follow the requirements stated will be instantaneously discarded.
We wish you good luck!
• All applications must be filled out in their entirety.
Although we understand that some questions may seem difficult or tedious, we ask that you answer each question to the best of your ability. Use full sentences and avoid abbreviations.
• Applications may only be filled out in English.
Though several of our staff members are multi-lingual, the server's primary language remains English and applications have to reflect your fluency in this language.
• Any applications filled out improperly will not be considered.
As we will need to process a large number of applications, it would be a huge task to respond to each individual player regarding errors or omissions found in applications. You are only given one chance so please use it well.
The application form can be found in the spoiler tag below.
Simply copy and paste the application, along with your answers into a message via THIS LINK.
Your answers can be long and elaborate or short and concise. In both cases, make sure you BOLD your answers to make your application easier for us to read. ( Highlight your answer, then press Ctrl + B )
Message title should be [Position you are applying for] Application - [Player Name]
Event GM Application - Nova
Scripting Application - Tokei
- Do not post applications in this thread. They will be deleted, and you will be immediately disqualified.
- Please do not send multiple applications, or ask about the current application status. You will be notified of our final decision once we are ready to do so.
- Your name: (Full real name recommended, but optional)
- Native Language:
- Current In-game Name:
- Position you are applying for:
- How long have you been playing Ragnarok Online?
- How long have you been playing on NovaRO?
- What other RO servers have you played on?
How long did you play at each, why did you leave, and what things did you like and dislike about them.
- Have you been a GM on any other servers, including non-RO games?
If so, what was your name there, what server was it, and how long were you a GM for?
- Do you speak any other languages besides English?
If yes, what other languages do you speak? Would you be willing to support players who speak this language (in addition to supporting in English)?
- Do you know any Staff Members from any server (NovaRO included) that would vouch for you?
If so, provide contact information. Please note references will be verified.
- What are some things you would want to see changed here on NovaRO, and what is the best way, in your opinion, to go about that?
- What kind of Staff Member do you see yourself as?
- What are your specialties, and how do you see those contributing to the server in a meaningful way?
- What is your earliest available start date?
- Which hours would you be available?
If you do not know, please explain briefly what your weekly schedule is, and where you think you would fit your position at NovaRO into that.
- Optional: Describe an event idea you have, or had previously thought of.
Include how would it be performed, if you would need assistance, and what would the rewards be for each player that won.
Go into as much or as little detail as you like.