• Card Update Patch Notes #174

Nova
    • Patch Notes

Features

•  Community Suggestion Heavily updated the list of card which can be obtained from Old and Mystical Card Albums.
      • Developer's Note: The update follows these criteria:
        • All cards from regular mobs present in fields, dungeons and instances were added to the Old Card Album pool.
          • These changes also affect special Card Albums, such as Boots Card Album and Garment Card Album.
        • All cards from mini-bosses and instance mini-bosses were added to the Mystical Card Album pool.
    • Implemented cards for regular mobs and MVP from EDDA Bioresearch Laboratory.
      Equipments
      300263.png

Rekenber Guard Card

Atk + 5%.
      When compounded on dagger, one-handed sword or two-handed sword, increases melee physical damage by 10% and additional 2% per 3 refine rate of weapon,
      If the user's base level is 200 or higher, increases melee physical damage by additional 3% per 3 refine rate of weapon.
      Class: Card
      Compound on: Weapon
      Weight: 1
      300264.png

Rekenber Senior Guard Card

Atk + 5%.
      When compounded on one-handed spear or two-handed spear, increases long ranged physical damage by 10% and additional 2% per 3 refine rate of weapon,
      If the user's base level is 200 or higher, increases long ranged physical damage by additional 3% per 3 refine rate of weapon.
      300265.png

Regenschirm Scientist Card

Matk + 5%.
      When compounded on two-handed staff, increases all property magical damage by 10% and additional 2% per 3 refine rate of weapon,
      if the user's base level is 200 or higher and the user is warlock classes, increases all property magical damage by additional 3% per 3 refine rate of weapon.
      300266.png

Unknown Swordsman Card

MaxHP + 15%.
      When equipped with Boss Egnigem Card and both are equipped by swordsman classes, increases melee and long ranged physical damage by 10%,
      Additional MaxHP + 2% and increases melee and long ranged physical damage by additional 2% per 4 sum of refine rate of armor and shoes.
      Compound on: Armor
    • Added White Knight Card and Khalitzburg Knight Card drop to their respective mobs in Fall of Glast Heim.
    • Fixed some instance leaderboards missing entries.
    •  Community Suggestion Added an option for plant protocol to the Training Chamber.
      • Developer's Note: While Plant protocol is active, the dummy will only take 1 damage from regular attacks or skills.
    • Fixed Eden Group Mark sending players to the wrong initial cell.
    • Added extra shortcuts to existing @go.
      • Developer's Note: Check the spoiler for each shortcut added.
        Spoiler

comodo > cmd hugel > hgl morroc > mrc
        dewata > dwt izlude > izu moscovia > msv
        eclage > ecg jawai > jwi niflheim > dead
        einbroch > eino lasagna > lgn old payon > opay
        einbroch > broch lightalzen > ltz payon > pyn
        einbroch > eio lightalzen > lhz pharos lightouse > lighthouse
        einbech > eine lutie > chmas rachel > rcl
        einbech > bech malangdo > mlg rock ridge > ridge
        einbech > eie malaya > mly splendide > spd
        geffen > gfn manuk > mnk umbala > ubl
        gonryun > gnr midgart camp > camp veins > vns
            verus > vrs

• Fixed the Burning effect dealing more damage than intended.
    •  Community Suggestion Implemented Shining Gin Potion in the Endeavor Token shop for 7 Endeavor Tokens (box of 3).

• Developer's Note: Shining Gin Potion grants all the effects from Shining Defense Scroll, Gin Potion of Energy, Potion of Rejuvenation, Gin Limited Power Booster and Gin Infinity Drink combined, for 1 hour.

•  Community Suggestion Altered the behavior of fly Beelzebub, so that it cannot be killed before it transforms.
    •  Community Suggestion Changed the option to force spawn Himmelmez to default "No" when entering Glast Heim Challenge Mode.

Items

• Removed Christmas themed items from the Nova Shop. They'll be back next Christmas season.
    • Fixed Guardian Robe's Evil Gloves and Red Lantern combo to properly cast Psychic Wave.
    • Fixed the Racing (Super Novice) enchant to correctly grant Genetic Cart Boost.
    • Fixed Greed Shadow Set to not require 32k SP per cast.
    • Fixed the level requirement for 3D Glasses.
    • Fixed Temporal VIT Manteau to correctly add 3% MaxHP every 4 refines.
    • Fixed Glorious Destruction Staff's MDEF bypass stat not working as intended.
      • Developer's Note: This is a buff.
    • Fixed Clergy's Boots and Manteau bonuses to properly affect physical and magical.
    • Fixed the combo effects of Dark Knight Mask when combined with Red Force Pendant, Blue Mental Pendant or Thanatos' Necklace.
    • 33572.png - Royal Glory Egg has returned to the Novashop for 2,500 Nova Points.

Siege and PvP

• Fixed Proximity Reductions not working as intended (Applied on Patch Notes #173)
    •  Community Suggestion The HP increase for Rebel and Soul Reaper will now occur outside the WoE castle.

•  Community Suggestion Changed the PVP room map from Izlude back to guild_vs3.

•  Community Suggestion Added announces for defense time in Draft WoE and KoE.

•  Community Suggestion Altered the BG Happy Hour timeslots.

• Previous timeslots: 01:00, 05:00, 09:00, 13:00, 18:00.

• New timeslots: 01:00, 05:00, 09:00, 13:00, 17:00, 21:00. (Server time - PST)

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I swear I was using @go lhz for years and it worked fine, but then this last playthrough I came back and it didn't work any more.  And now there's patch notes saying its been added?  AM I BEING GASLIT?

I don't get the point of the Shining Gin Potion. Why doesn't it give the effect of all the gin instead of only these? And buying it doesn't even save you a single endeavor?
    Am I missing something here?

28 minutes ago, Mass Kicker said:

I don't get the point of the Shining Gin Potion. Why doesn't it give the effect of all the gin instead of only these? And buying it doesn't even save you a single endeavor?

It was designed to cut down on inventory usage, that is all. If you do not care about saving inventory space then you don't need to purchase the shining potion.

As per this suggestion:

https://www.novaragnarok.com/forum/topic/14841-merging-endevour-tokenweekly-potion-consumables/

Nova and Mass like this

36 minutes ago, Panic said:

It was designed to cut down on inventory usage, that is all. If you do not care about saving inventory space then you don't need to purchase the shining potion.

As per this suggestion:

https://www.novaragnarok.com/forum/topic/14841-merging-endevour-tokenweekly-potion-consumables/

Thanks for answering. After reading that topic I can see why some people would want to have them as a single consumable and even why Red Booster and Maniacal would not be desirable to everyone. May even start buying it myself. But then can I just ask why wasn't Gin Sacred Draught included to it?

Thank you for such a nice patch and the implementation of merged gin potions. It was nicely done. :delphiheart:

1 hour ago, Mass Kicker said:

If you think of it, you can save a lil bit using the shining gin for these 4 potions + SDS if u split it in 30m version. They are just the same when you purchase individually because you get 3 SDS here that costs 1 Token

3 SDS 60m = 3 Tokens
    Other 4 Potions = 4 Tokens
    Splitting them in 30m = 150k zeny

6 SDS 30m = 3 Token
    Other 4 potions = 4 Tokens
    Splitting each gin potion for 30m = 150k (3 potions ea) x 4 = 600k zeny

I do question as well why Gin Sacred Draught wasn't included but I think 5 items merged in one is already a good number for saving inventory slots. 

Nova, Mass and ApoO like this

39 minutes ago, Fu Windsword said:

And happy new year BTW.

:delphiheart:

Happy new year to you too! We're happy to finally have gotten around to updating those albums.

As per questions regarding the potion, after debating it within the staff these 5 that we included was the combination we thought would be most universally desirable.
    We figured it wouldn't be perfect in every single case, but that it'd still be an improvement for the average person.

PEKKA, ApoO and Mass like this

Ok, Nice update, thank you for your effort... but where are the feedback you promised last year about keeping the community updated about what's coming up to the server? At least the last 2 updates were kind of a surprise weren't they?

Haven't heard about 4th jobs for so long, nore have seen any major update on the test server about them... so either I think if they're coming up soon you won't add them with the rebalance or they're still in a far far away reality... so... what's up? Keep us informed... the whole server was biting their nails waiting for 4th jobs to come like 17.1 last year and we got nothing!! Nova is falling behind all the big servers and we're losing att...

Edited by Kunakara
    Mass, ApoO and PEKKA like this

On 1/7/2022 at 9:15 PM, Kunakara said:

Ok, Nice update, thank you for your effort... but where are the feedback you promised last year about keeping the community updated about what's coming up to the server? At least the last 2 updates were kind of a surprise weren't they?

Haven't heard about 4th jobs for so long, nore have seen any major update on the test server about them... so either I think if they're coming up soon you won't add them with the rebalance or they're still in a far far away reality... so... what's up? Keep us informed... the whole server was biting their nails waiting for 4th jobs to come like 17.1 last year and we got nothing!! Nova is falling behind all the big servers and we're losing att...

In the case of Juperos Expedition, it was intended for it to be a surprise, but aside from that update, I'd argue there wasn't anything noteworthy enough to fill an announcement post.

I definitely plan on making more 'What we're working on'-type posts, but those do require at least a base to shape it into a proper teaser instead of just listing names of projects that are not properly realized or are too early into production and can end up scrapped, as such a list would mean little to players. In parallel, we also have a lot of small scope projects which get realized quicker than expected, such as the OCA/MCA update. I'll certainly be doing more of those posts, as soon as there is enough information to do so, although I personally wouldn't be opposed to do a something similar to a bimonthly update if that is liked enough, even if some months would just list "yeah, we're still working on last month's stuff".

To follow up on the above, we had already planned and should have an update post for Q1 of 2022 in the near future.

Edit: Funnily enough, I had made a dummy post for before Christmas, but we decided to skip it due to the reasons I mentioned above.
    image.png

Kunakara, TheRealRG, Nova and 2 others like this