The Cawful Trickster King has made its return!
Developer's Note: As mentioned in the latest MH Dev blog, CTK will include the new Dynamic Damage Adjustment (DDA) system, which we have already talked about here The final role development blog.
- DDA comes with a major consideration that we have thought a lot about which is: how do we best display damage numbers? There are limitations with the way DDA works that means we cannot easily show the altered damage numbers because the adjustment is made party-wide. Furthermore, the damage adjustment is done at one second intervals, meaning that some damage is not dealt until a second in the future. Altogether, these reasons (and more) make it difficult for us to show the post-adjustment numbers.
- We have a solution in mind for Monster Hunting (3 star hunts, MH3) which involves some exciting new mechanics and systems that we've been conceptualizing and coding, but these are very early in development and we're not quite ready to talk about them just yet (yet alone implement them for CTK!). Broadly, these systems would give the party an idea of the DPS the party is doing while also providing buffs and benefits! We will no doubt talk about these in a future dev blog but for now we're still preparing it.
So what are we trying to do for CTK? Well, we're actually going to try two different iterations of how to display damage numbers that we would like to hear your opinions on.
- All damage numbers dealt to the CTK will simply show "1". This will probably be everyone's least favorite option for CTK but for MH3 with the other systems we're planning, this is where we're leaning towards.
- Using WoE-like removal of all number displays.
- We are going to test one of these iterations one week and swap over for the next (broadly a week's length of testing, depending on maintenance times). We know these changes aren't ideal - we all like to see our big numbers - but if we were to show the unaltered numbers there are, in certain cases, times where these numbers will drastically differ from the damage actually dealt to the mob. We have, however, enabled the monster HP bars so you can gauge how far through the fight you are and thus get some estimate on how much damage you are dealing in real time.
- We'd like to hear what you have to see about these changes and whether or not you can think of a potentially good idea on how better to proceed, we're more than welcome to also test other, new ideas with CTK. We will take forward with us any lessons from this first implementation of DDA and use it to improve the initial release of MH3.
- The Cawful Trickster King and all of his Revenants now have a Green Aura-like effect (90% damage reduction) and their HPs have been slightly reduced in order to accommodate for the difference in power since last year.
- The Burning Revenant's unique resistance has been changed from previously being simply more HP than the others, to reducing damage taken from Magical attacks by 90%.
- The Ice Revenant's unique resistance has been changed from having Defender to reducing damage taken from Long Ranged attacks by 90%.
- The Unholy Revenant's unique resistance has been changed from having a high amount of MDEF to reducing damage taken from Critical attacks by 90%.
- The Stone Revenant's unique resistance has been changed from having a high amount of DEF to reducing damage taken from Melee Ranged attacks by 90%.
- All Revenants have been made Boss Protocol in order to allow Boss Damage modifiers and enchants to work on them, as well as the King.
- Scoutflies has been re-enabled for this fight.
- For updated information related to the Cawful Trickster King refer to the wiki page.
- As a final note, this fight behaves the same as 2-star hunts. Monster Hunting role abilities are activated, only Monster Hunting items work, alterations are all the same. This also means that the effect of Great Monster Magical or Physical Defense Pierce also work and other racial or elemental bonuses all work the same. For more information head over to the MH Alterations wiki page.
- Developer's Note: As mentioned in the latest MH Dev blog, CTK will include the new Dynamic Damage Adjustment (DDA) system, which we have already talked about here The final role development blog.
- Community Suggestion Spirit Shards from the Twisted Realm will now be randomly shared with your party.
King's Essence now drops from monsters inside Twisted Realm at a low chance.
- A random member in the party will receive it.
- [EVT] Devi Squad [L]/[M] can now be recolored at Selim.
- Selim will now complete her cooking daily quest immediately after you deliver the food to a Sin.
- Fixed a bug with minimap markers not showing up during Spiritual Seasonings cutscenes.
- The Tom Yung Goong quest in Ayothaya is now repeatable.
- E Converter Compendiums and Buff Scroll Compendiums now have a repeatable option to open multiple in quick succession.
- Alternate Weeklies now feature Weapon Refine.
- Added @whobuy2 command to display buyer list in chatlog.
- Community Suggestion @hidedamage is now available at the Login Settings NPC.
- Community Suggestion Harive has made an appearance in the main office to sell Throat Lozenge and Regrettable Tears.
- Community Suggestion Wolfchev's Laboratory cooldown will now reset at midnight (it still retains its 3-day cooldown).
Community Suggestion The following hats can now have their positions swapped at Miles:
Fixed the position of Master of Darkness on Dorams.
Expanded the functionality of the Knight's Shield Bearer's Enchant Conversion
Developer's Note: This feature has been implemented since the last patch.
Unlock Unlimited Conversions has been added as a secondary option to the Enchant Conversion function
After a one time purchase, a shield may be imbued with an Enchant Transmogrifier.
While the Enchant Transmogrifier is on a Purified Knight's Shield, any enchant conversions done to that specific shield are now permanently free of charge.
The process costs either 150 Endeavor Tokens or 375,000,000 Zeny.
After applying an Enchant Transmogrifier, if you have converted the enchants of a shield prior to the September 28th maintenance, the total amount of conversions you purchased will be refunded in Endeavor Tokens or Zeny.
This is a one time refund and does not apply to any conversion after the September 28th maintenance.
This system has absolutely NOTHING to do with converting a Knight's Shield to a Purified Knight's Shield.
- Community Suggestion The Archaeologist has been seen wandering around in The Wyvern (235,207).
Community Suggestion Some Shadow Gear will now provide Great Monster defense and magic defense pierce.
Taekwon Shadow Shield will now have the following additional effects:
- For each two levels of Peaceful Break, pierces Great monster's physical defense by 3%.
- For each two levels of Happy Break, pierces Great monster's magical defense by 3%.
- For each two refine levels, pierces Great monster's physical and magical defense by 3%.
Ninja Shadow Shield will now have the following additional effects:
- For each refine level, Pierces Great Monster's physical and magical defense by 2%.
- Refine Level +7, Pierces Great Monster's physical and magical defense by 5%.
- Refine Level +9, Pierces Great Monster's physical and magical defense by 5%.
Gunslinger Shadow Armguard will now have the following additional effects:
- For each two levels of Snake Eyes, Pierces physical defense of Great Monsters by 3%.
- For each two refine levels, Pierces Great Monster's physical defense by 3%.
Super Novice Shadow Gauntlet will now have the following additional effects:
- For each two levels of One-Handed Sword Mastery, Pierces Great Monster's physical defense by 3%.
- For each two levels of Increase SP Recovery, pierces Great Monster's magical defense by 3%.
- For each two refine levels, pierces Great Monster's physical and magical defense by 3%.
- Developer's Note: This is the full list of Extended Shadow Gear which will currently get this treatment for Great Monster DEF/MDEF Pierce. Unfortunately, the Doram Normal Monster Pierce is not applied like the rest of the Extended pieces, as it comes from the full set. Great Monster Pierce will be added to Doram's Shadow Gear Full Set Bonus once the rest of the set is released with Hrungnir.
- Taekwon Shadow Shield will now have the following additional effects:
War of Emperium and Battlegrounds
- BG Wacky modes are disabled until further notice.
- Siege Commissioners Conquest Barricades HP has been increased by 50%.
Siege Commissioners Invulnerable Siegfried and Acoustic Rhythm no longer requires both performers to be on the same party.
- Only the caster will be affected by fatigue.