The Halloween Event has once again begun! Creepy Critters are being spotted all throughout Rune-Midgard and legions of monsters are invading the cities of the world! Defeat them to obtain rewards, including many exclusive headgears. Rumors pass from soul to soul about the one responsible for all of this, the mysterious Trickster King. What terrors will the Trickster King and his army of the dead unleash upon Rune-Midgard? Only time will tell...
Creepy Critters will spawn in most field and dungeon maps. Kill them for Pumpkins and exchange them to the Coffin in Prontera for Halloween Coins. You can also earn Halloween Coins by participating in the town invasions. You can then exchange your Halloween Coins to Loki for either headgears or one of his boxes. Defeat the Trickster King in order to obtain Little Devil Wings and Great Devil Wings. Continue to defeat him for Chromatic Stones which you can bring to Selim in Prontera for Devil Wing recolors. With so many recolor tasks, Selim has been going around Prontera recruiting new test subjects to help her fulfill her creepy food orders for her loyal clients, the Deadly Sins. And last but not least, the Tower of Trickery makes its return!
The Halloween Event will end on November 2nd at 11:59PM [Server Time - PST]
|Halloween Event 2020|
The event is divided into multiple sections with a wide range of challenges and unique mechanics for all to enjoy! For more information, check our wiki page!
Each section of the event has its own unique headgears and costumes attached to it, while Halloween Coins (obtained by participating in any Halloween content) can be exchanged for a shared list of goodies. All the NPCs can be found in Prontera, near @navi prontera 143 171.
|Cooking With Selim|
You can find the visiting Selim and her Bad Monkey hanging around on the street of Prontera (prontera, 162, 171).
Selim's coloring tasks are eating up her time so she won't say no if someone was to help her handle the food orders this year. Her most loyal clients, the Deadly Sins are particularly hungry, because scaring people all the time is draining, and there is a lot of bloodcurling cooking to be done.
In any dungeon of field map, you may find a Wandering Spirit which you need to kill. They will remain on the field as an NPC and talking to him will lead you to the Trickster Realm.
The Trickster Realm is a small room with various monsters, whose difficulty scales depending on your character's level. These all drop Halloween Coins on death and there's a 5 minutes time limit to clearing the room. You can freely re-enter after death but so can anyone else who sees the NPC, regardless of their affiliation with you.
When you reach level 175, the Wandering Spirit will open the Twisted Realm instead of the regular Trickster Realm. You'll find harder monsters inside as well as a chance of meeting a mob that drops a Spirit Shard.
You can lower the difficulty of the Trickster Realm by speaking with Loki and selecting Escape the Twisted Realm. Please note that while this will make the mobs easier, it will also decrease your rewards and make you unable to farm Spirit Shards. You can revert this setting anytime by speaking with Loki once more.
Twisted Mobs will drop Cookie's Bats which are used to evolve the Skellion Pet.
Every now and then, a town will be invaded! The invasion progresses in the following way:
The Mysterious Coffin will exchange 25 Organic Agriculture Pumpkins for 50 Halloween Coins. To begin this quest...
|Tower of Trickery|
The Tower of Trickery can be found in Prontera by talking to Tricky Ghost (prontera,162,185) and requires a party of 2-4 players.
You have to complete several minigames within 15 minutes. For each game completed, you're given 3 Halloween Coins. You are also given 100 Halloween Coins as a reward for finishing the whole tower. The top three fastest parties to clear the tower are placed in the leaderboard and will receive exclusive rewards after the event is over. The same party cannot win more than once however, so if all the top 3 runs have been made by the same group, the 4th and 5th parties will rewarded instead.
Before starting a game in the Tower of Trickery, you will always be given a choice between the left or right portal. Each one has a different game, so if your party struggles with a specific one, consider simply skipping it. Here's a list of all the minigames and some tricks to help you go through them more easily.
|Twisted Trickster King|
Freed from his slumber, the Twisted Trickster King has once again made his return!
Any adventurer who defeats the Twisted Trickster King for the first time ever will obtain the following rewards :
Script Based Drops (Individually rolled):
Much like last year's Halloween Event, players will be able to craft Little Devil Wings and Great Devil Wings using exclusive drops: King's Essence and King's Stone.
Refer to Demon Hunter Hector in Prontera for more information.
2020 Halloween Additions
The Twisted Realm monsters, Twisted Trickster Realm and Cawful Trickster King all have a green aura-like effect.
- Developer's Note: Cawful Trickster King instance will not be available 'till the 5th of October.
- Selim's Cooking daily has increased from 5x foods to 10x foods.
- Updated the Creepy Critters and Wandering Spirit map list to have new maps and removed small maps.
- Creepy Critters HP has been lowered to 1.
- Slightly lowered the coin amount for Tower of Trickery completion from 120 to 100.
- Two new items have been added to the Phantom Favor shop for your inner Catwitch and Vixen.
Selim has acquired more coloring skills and is now able to recolor the following items:
- - Witches Shawl
- - Draconis Grasp
- - Devi Squad [L]
- - Cerberus Collar
- - Evil Druid Cross
- - Durumagi
- - Variant Veil
- - Spider's Temptation
Added new achievements:
- Hungry Hungry Sins II - Help Selim feed any of the Deadly Sins 1000 times.
- Vengeful Hunger II - Help Selim feed the sin of Wrath 100 times.
- Disinclined Hunger II - Help Selim feed the sin of Sloth 100 times.
- Longing Hunger II - Help Selim feed the sin of Lust 100 times.
- Haughty Hunger II - Help Selim feed the sin of Pride 100 times.
- Excessive Hunger II - Help Selim feed the sin of Greed 100 times.
- Resentful Hunger II - Help Selim feed the sin of Envy 100 times.
- Vengeful Hunger III - Help Selim feed the sin of Wrath 1,000 times.
- Disinclined Hunger III - Help Selim feed the sin of Sloth 1,000 times.
- Longing Hunger III - Help Selim feed the sin of Lust 1,000 times.
- Haughty Hunger III - Help Selim feed the sin of Pride 1,000 times.
- Excessive Hunger III - Help Selim feed the sin of Greed 1,000 times.
- Resentful Hunger III - Help Selim feed the sin of Envy 1,000 times.
- Complete Ghoul Gauntlet - Finish Ghoul Gauntlet 1,000 times.
- Master of Puppets - Finish Puppet Master 1,000 times.
- Organizational Skills - Finish Monster Jumble 1,000 times.
- Leeeerooooooooy! - Finish Barricade Escape 1,000 times.
- Wrong Burn - Finish Floor is Lava 1,000 times.
- Who You Gonna Call? - Finish Ghost Hunting 1,000 times.
- Complete Misdirection - Finish Misdirection 1,000 times.
- Road Already Traveled - Finish Tricky Portals 1,000 times.
- Match Maker - Finish Matching Elements 1,000 times.
- All Summer NPCs have been moved to the Old Summer Island (@go 53)
- The Summer Weekly Quests have been removed.
Added 4 new Weekly Quests:
- Treasure Hunt - Find chests in various maps! Talk to Maggie Arth in Eden for more information.
- Weapon Refinement - Refine a level 4 weapon to +5 or higher, 10 times.
- Halloween Coins - Obtain 1000 Halloween Coins.
- Trickster Realm - Clear 5 rooms in the Trickster Realm [Any difficulty].
- Developer's Note: Halloween weeklies will be removed once the event ends, but you can expect Treasure Hunt and Weapon Refinement to stick around.
- All of the headgears obtained from [EVT] Trick or Treat Basket are bound.
- Added a new menu option to obtain the Merchant Manual when your job level is maxed.
- Fixed an issue in with leaving a map and not getting removed from the queue fully and blocking the Summer Tablet.
- Fixed a bug with the speed boots on the Summer Festival.
Implemented a new hairstyle, great for wearing wigs:
Added three new headgear quests.
- Stuffed Bear Backpack, with Bezz (ein_dun,200,75)
- Mischief Wings, with Mischevious Demon (niflheim,200,154)
- Angeling Beret, with Shady Imp (nif_in,101,172)
- - Pumpkin Set Box has returned to the NP shop for 13k NP.
- - Ghastly Pet Egg has returned to the NP shop for 5k NP.
- - Ghastly Pet Egg II has returned to the NP shop for 2.5k NP.
- - Costume Party Egg has returned to the NP shop for 2.5k NP.
- - Halloween Egg has returned to the NP shop for 7.5k NP.
- - Halloween Egg II has returned to the NP shop for 8.5k NP.
- - Abysmal Ornate Scarf has returned to the NP shop for 6.5k NP.
- - Purple Ornate Scarf has returned to the NP shop for 6.5k NP.
- Added the - Milkmaid Braid Egg to the NP shop for 3k NP.
- Added the - Otherworldly Egg to the NP shop for 2.5k NP.
- Added the - Dastardly Pet Egg to the cash shop for 2.5k NP
- A new - Wicked Event Egg containing unique items has become available.
- Fixed Requiem Shadow Shield recipe.
- Fixed all Temporal Stat Manteau effects at +9 and above.
- Fixed Auto Berserk not working properly when swapping gears that reduces your HP amount.
- Fixed Earth Strain not dealing damage on more than 1 row/column.
- Fixed King's Grace's immunity not working against homunculus.
- Throw Venom Knife no longer ignores Cicada Skin Shed.
- Shadow Warrior no longer gets removed when getting hit.
Edited by Nova