The Halloween Event has once again begun! Creepy Critters are being spotted all throughout Rune-Midgard and legions of monsters are invading the cities of the world! Defeat them to obtain rewards, including many exclusive headgears. Rumors pass from soul to soul about the one responsible for all of this, the mysterious Trickster King. What terrors will the Trickster King and his army of the dead unleash upon Rune-Midgard? Only time will tell...
Creepy Critters will spawn in most field and dungeon maps. Kill them for Pumpkins and exchange them to the Coffin in Prontera for Halloween Coins. You can also earn Halloween Coins by participating in the town invasions. You can then exchange your Halloween Coins to Loki for either headgears or one of his boxes. Defeat the Trickster King in order to obtain Little Devil Wings and Great Devil Wings. Continue to defeat him for Chromatic Stones, which you can bring to Selim in Prontera for Devil Wing recolors. With so many recolor tasks, Selim has been going around Prontera recruiting new test subjects to help her fulfill her creepy food orders for her loyal clients, the Deadly Sins. And last but not least, the Tower of Trickery makes its return!
The Halloween Event will end on November 7th at 11:59PM [Server Time - PST]
The event is divided into multiple sections with a wide range of challenges and unique mechanics for all to enjoy! For more information, check our wiki page!
Each section of the event has its own unique headgears and costumes attached to it, while Halloween Coins (obtained by participating in any Halloween content) can be exchanged for a shared list of goodies. All the NPCs can be found in Prontera, near @navi prontera 143 171.
|Cooking With Selim|
You can find the visiting Selim and her Bad Monkey hanging around on the Hallowed Square (hallohub, 139, 205).
Selim's coloring tasks are eating up her time, so she won't say no if someone were to help her handle the food orders this year. Her most loyal clients, the Deadly Sins, are particularly hungry, because scaring people all the time is draining, and there is a lot of bloodcurdling cooking to be done.
In any dungeon of field map, you may find a Wandering Spirit which you need to kill. They will remain on the field as an NPC and talking to him will lead you to the Trickster Realm.
The Trickster Realm is a small room with various monsters, whose difficulty scales depending on your character's level. These all drop Halloween Coins on death and there's a 5 minutes time limit to clearing the room. You can freely re-enter after death, but so can anyone else who sees the NPC, regardless of their affiliation with you.
When you reach level 175, the Wandering Spirit will open the Twisted Realm instead of the regular Trickster Realm. You'll find harder monsters inside, as well as a chance of meeting a mob that drops a Spirit Shard.
You can lower the difficulty of the Trickster Realm by speaking with Loki and selecting Escape the Twisted Realm. Please note that while this will make the mobs easier, it will also decrease your rewards and make you unable to farm Spirit Shards. You can revert this setting anytime by speaking with Loki once more.
Twisted Mobs will drop Cookie's Bats, which are used to evolve the Skellion Pet.
The Mysterious Coffin will exchange 25 Organic Agriculture Pumpkins for 50 Halloween Coins. To begin this quest...
|Tower of Trickery|
The Tower of Trickery can be found in the Hallowed Square by talking to Tricky Ghost (hallohub,255,203) and requires a party of 2-4 players.
You have to complete several mini-games within 15 minutes. For each game completed, you're given 5 Halloween Coins. You are also given 100 Halloween Coins as a reward for finishing the whole tower. Every day, the top three fastest parties to clear the tower are placed in the leaderboard and will receive bonus rewards at midnight. The top 3 fastest parties over the course of the entire event will receive exclusive rewards when the event is over. The same party cannot win more than once, however, so if all the top 3 runs have been made by the same group, the 4th and 5th parties will be rewarded instead.
Before starting a game in the Tower of Trickery, you will always be given a choice between the left or right portal. Each one has a different game, so if your party struggles with a specific one, consider simply skipping it.
|Twisted Trickster King|
Freed from his slumber, the Twisted Trickster King has once again made his return!
Any adventurer who defeats the Twisted Trickster King for the first time ever will obtain the following rewards :
Script Based Drops (Individually rolled):
Much like last year's Halloween Event, players will be able to craft Little Devil Wings and Great Devil Wings using exclusive drops: King's Essence and King's Stone.
Refer to Demon Hunter Hector in the Hallowed Square for more information.
Halloween Weeklies (Sally) changes:
Developer's Note: Keep in mind that these quests reset with Weeklies, but are not part of the Weekly system and do not count towards the "Complete All" weekly.
- Obtain 1,500 Halloween Coins, for 3 [EVT] Trick-or-Treat Basket. (Previously 1000 coins)
- Compete 10 Twisted Trickster Realm rooms, for 3 [EVT] Trick-or-Treat Basket. (Previously 5 rooms)
- Developer's Note: Keep in mind that these quests reset with Weeklies, but are not part of the Weekly system and do not count towards the "Complete All" weekly.
Added a new Haunted Harvest completion quest:
- Complete the Haunted Harvest and finish the 'Complete All' weekly quest 3 times during the month of October, for 10 Refine Packs.
Removed HE Battle Manual from Halloween Shop.
Added Field Manual to the Halloween Shop for 350 Halloween Coins.
- - Mischief Wings (niflheim,200,154)
- - Stuffed Bear Backpack (ein_dun01,200,75)
- - Fluttering Fallen Wings (louyang,210,122)
- - Angeling Beret (nif_in,101,172)
- Selim has a new shipment of hats that can be recolored.
Somewhat of a New Feature (Re-)Implemented Monster Race as an automated event.
- On Monster Race, you choose your racer and pray he comes out on top! Each event runs 3 times
- Whoever chooses the fastest contestant will obtain 10 Gold Coins.
- Event run times (PST - Server Time): 00:00, 07:00 and 15:00.
Functionality Improvement You can now swap either Equipment, Costume or both equipment tabs with @swap.
- @swap - Swaps both the gears and costumes.
- @swap 1 - Swaps gears only.
- @swap 2 - Swaps costumes only.
- Functionality Improvement Garments that have unique visuals (such as, but not limited to, Violet Halo) can now be converted into real costumes, allowing them to be effect enchanted with Djinny.
Changes to Bioresearch Laboratory - Gauntlet Mode:
- No longer has a cooldown.
- No longer has party drops. The droprate of both Fragments and Documents has been increased by 300%, from 5% and 4% to 15% and 12% respectively.
- Mobs that used to cast Agi Up now casts Stonehard Skin instead.
- Community Suggestion Added recipes for 30min +20 foods to the Nutritionist.
- Community Suggestion Faceworm Hard Mode mobs now count towards the Poison Breath headgear quest.
- Community Suggestion Improved the dialogue selection for repeat enchantments on the Odin Past enchanter, Susan Grey (hu_in01,97,322).
Thanatos Tower (F11 and F12) no longer allow the use of @noks.
- Developer's Note: These maps have been the target of multiple players that hoard the whole map due to their sizes. We've tested multiple fatigue timers but, in the end, disabling @noks was simpler and felt better than any other option.
- Bug Fix Heidi will now provide extra Little Unripe Apples if you manage to fail her taming quest in the Eden Academy.
- Zaedronath has been implemented.
Tank Role had an additional boost increase in Hate generation based on class at different amounts.
- This does not affect Warlocks, Rangers, Archbishops, Soul Reapers, Rebellions or Summoners.
- Healer Role had a slight increase in Hate generation.
- Utility Role had a decrease in Hate generation.
Implemented a new MH Hat Quest for Bio Weapon Helms.
- To start, talk to Mist at valkyrie,41,86.
This is a 3-step quest that requires:
- Zaedronath Gem (dropped from the mob on death at a low chance or crafted through Dante, with Zaedronath Gem Fragments)
- 7 Zaedronath Shadow Orb (crafted by converting carved loot into Monster Points with Lisbeth)
- 600 Faux Gold (dropped from mobs in Bioresearch Laboratory - Gauntlet Mode)
- 7 Carbalite Alloy (crafted from Ingots through Vulcan at The Airship)
- Bug Fix Fixed Angnar not casting a specific mob skill, Stone Rain.
- Added Angelus Scroll as an option to the Buff Scroll Compendium.
Community Suggestion Storybooks can now be sold to NPCs for their buy price.
- Developer's Note: As you would expect, this does not take Overcharge into consideration because we dislike zeny exploits.
Siege and PvP
- Added a tracker for Daily BG Kills and Deaths, as well as lifetime (from now onwards). It will be shown after each BG round or by talking to Erundek (hallofvalor,205,205).
- Community Suggestion Rental MVP-carded gear has been enabled on the maps outside WoE 1, WoE 2 and Draft WoE castles.
- Community Suggestion Added @gs as a shortcut to @guildskill.
- Community Suggestion Enabled Patent Kiri no Tsuyu in all Siege game modes.
- Community Suggestion Enabled Super Novice Shadow Gear in all Siege game modes.
- Community Suggestion The Ranked PVP arena now has an innate 20% ACD reduction, matching Siege.
- Community Suggestion Fixed overlapping storage NPCs in certain BG modes.
Developer's Blog: The mindset behind the following changes can be read at the PVP Diary #4.
- WoE 1 player cap has been lowered from 24 to 18, matching WoE 2.
Battlegrounds consumables are now fully enabled in WoE 1. This means, for all intents and purposes, there are now no longer any distinctions on consumable usage in WoE 1, WoE 2, and Draft WoE.
- The WoE Track check requirements were altered to accommodate lower population and BG consumables.
- Cyr has been removed from the WoE 1 rotation. WoE 1 castles are now Andlangr and Mardol.
WoE rewards altered for WoE 1 and WoE 2:
- Participation: 1000 Valor Badges and Siege Tokens, plus extra based on defense time.
- Longest hold: 10 million zeny
- Last hold: 10 million zeny
Lowered the MVP rental box price.
- Tier 1: 2000 Valor Badges (Previously 3500)
- Tier 2: 1000 Valor Badges (Previously 1750)
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now