Hardcore mode, as seem from other games, inherits all the properties you would expect, including being able to only create a single character per account, which gets a single life.
As soon as you die, you're out. To add to the challenge, you will be unable to trade with other players by any means. In the harsh world of Hardcore, you're by yourself and yourself alone.
Fear not however, as your character can be ported to a non-hardcore state if you wish to do so after its (eventual) demise.
In order to activate Hardcore mode, you must create a fresh account by clicking here.
Here are the full restriction list you can expect while on Hardcore mode:
- One character per account.
- No trading of any sort.
Limited @commands to prevent you from being lame.
- No @go command. Only the warper can help you.
One life. Once your character dies, you will be eliminated and sent to the Graveyard.
After arriving in the Graveyard, you will get the ability to speak to an NPC to convert your account into a regular account.
- When converting your account you will lose any identifiers showing that you were in Hardcore Mode before.
- After arriving in the Graveyard, you will get the ability to speak to an NPC to convert your account into a regular account.
- Unable to pick up items from the ground.
Unable to pick up mob drops from the ground. (You can pick up loot from mobs YOU killed)
- Autoloot is your only friend.
- Unable to buy items or sell items from player shops.
- You can only party with other Hardcore Mode players.
Cannot be in a Guild or Clan.
You'll be auto assigned to an exclusive Hardcore Mode-only clan.
- As expected, it of course gives no stats.
- You'll be auto assigned to an exclusive Hardcore Mode-only clan.
Note that at this time, there are no rewards or prizes for participating in Hardcore Mode. This is purely an optional experience you can partake on to play the game a different way! In the future, when we verify that the mode is stable and not able to be abused, we will likely explore creating more interesting interactions, including adding rewards and the concept of seasons.
We ask you all to please help us and report any bugs you might find immediately here: Hardcore Mode Bug Tracker
Any suggestions for Hardcore Mode can be made in this forum section: Hardcore Mode Suggestion Forum
(Make sure you sign out of your regular account on the website)