• Hardcore Mode

Milesheader3.png

Hardcore mode, as seem from other games, inherits all the properties you would expect, including being able to only create a single character per account, which gets a single life.

As soon as you die, you're out. To add to the challenge, you will be unable to trade with other players by any means. In the harsh world of Hardcore, you're by yourself and yourself alone.
    Fear not however, as your character can be ported to a non-hardcore state if you wish to do so after its (eventual) demise.

In order to activate Hardcore mode, you must create a fresh account by clicking here.

Here are the full restriction list you can expect while on Hardcore mode:

• One character per account.
    • No trading of any sort.
    • Limited @commands to prevent you from being lame.
      • No @go command. Only the warper can help you.
    • One life. Once your character dies, you will be eliminated and sent to the Graveyard.
      • After arriving in the Graveyard, you will get the ability to speak to an NPC to convert your account into a regular account.
        • When converting your account you will lose any identifiers showing that you were in Hardcore Mode before.
    • Unable to pick up items from the ground.
    • Unable to pick up mob drops from the ground. (You can pick up loot from mobs YOU killed)
      • Autoloot is your only friend.
    • Unable to buy items or sell items from player shops.
    • You can only party with other Hardcore Mode players.
    • Cannot be in a Guild or Clan.
      • You'll be auto assigned to an exclusive Hardcore Mode-only clan.
        • As expected, it of course gives no stats.

Note that at this time, there are no rewards or prizes for participating in Hardcore Mode. This is purely an optional experience you can partake on to play the game a different way! In the future, when we verify that the mode is stable and not able to be abused, we will likely explore creating more interesting interactions, including adding rewards and the concept of seasons.

We ask you all to please help us and report any bugs you might find immediately here: Hardcore Mode Bug Tracker

Any suggestions for Hardcore Mode can be made in this forum section: Hardcore Mode Suggestion Forum

Play Hardcore Mode

(Make sure you sign out of your regular account on the website)

Seandh, Puros, kinmarwin and 11 others like this

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Note, we've already added a guild icon to the Hardcore Clan, but it will not be visible until our next maintenance. This will be the way to visually identify any players currently in Hardcore Mode.

Also know that we plan on expanding on additional modes and SSF with no loss, and actual hardcore with actual character deletion are on the table.

This is just phase one, laying down the groundwork so we can see what we can and can't do, and catch any methods of "cheating".

Also note that for this version, PvP modes and event deaths will all count as regular deaths. We intend on making these exceptions in a future version, but for now, avoid such content on your Hardcore Mode accounts.

We hope you enjoy the new mode!

Fu Windsword likes this

We also advise players to use the custom rates NPC and go x1 rates for the real hardcore experience. :pepperhappy:

1 minute ago, Farrize said:

If the hardcore mode character died and converted to regular character can we create a new hardcore mode character for that account?

No, you would need to create a new hardcore account to make sure there's no cheating. But you would then be able to make any number of regular characters on that account.

No bonuses is just masochism!!!

With bonuses is a challenge that will be followed by

For example 10 completed dungeons in hard mode is equal to 1 point, (differend dungent get self cooeficient)

3000 killed mobs is equal to 1 point.

For points, you can get rare rewards or exchange for in-game currency.

This is the only way it will work!

Edited by Fon Dozen
    Huka likes this
    9 minutes ago, Fon Dozen said:

No bonuses is just masochism!!!

With bonuses is a challenge that will be followed by

For example 10 completed dungeons in hard mode is equal to 1 point,

3000 killed mobs is equal to 1 point.

For points, you can get rare rewards or exchange for in-game currency.

This is the only way it will work!

As said in the original post.

Note that at this time, there are no rewards or prizes for participating in Hardcore Mode. This is purely an optional experience you can partake on to play the game a different way! In the future, when we verify that the mode is stable and not able to be abused, we will likely explore creating more interesting interactions, including adding rewards and the concept of seasons.

If you do not wish to partake in Hardcore mode with no rewards then that is fine, feel free not too friend~!

Artio likes this
    12 minutes ago, Panic said:

As said in the original post.

If you do not wish to partake in Hardcore mode with no rewards then that is fine, feel free not too friend~!

Thank you for your reply

I'm continuing to argue that you will not test anything if you do not implement at least one reward for it.

Edited by Fon Dozen
    1 minute ago, Fon Dozen said:

Thank you for your reply

I continue to assert that you will not test anything if you do not enter at least one reward for it

Thankfully, I know for a fact this is not the case. I understand it may be the case for you, but I can assure you it is not for everybody.

Artio likes this

This is such an amazing concept, I'm definitely giving this a try. I wished there were more hardcore specific bonuses in terms of drops that only hardcore characters have access to as there is no trading allowed with nobody else. I think hardcore characters should remain dead without the ability to transfer to the rest of the crowd so we can have specific perks like increased drop rate as something that pops to mind to incentives those characters that can stay alive as we're only limited to 1 character.

Vanguarda de Boros likes this
    Just now, Deegs said:

This is such an amazing concept, I'm definitely giving this a try. I wished there were more hardcore specific bonuses in terms of drops that only hardcore characters have access to as there is no trading allowed with nobody else. I think hardcore characters should remain dead without the ability to transfer to the rest of the crowd so we can have specific perks like increased drop rate as something that pops to mind to incentives those characters that can stay alive as we're only limited to 1 character.

As mentioned in my first post, we definitely intend on building this system a lot and exploring bonuses of the sort, so stay tuned. Though I can't say that it's a big focus RIGHT now, it is in our sights for the future.

Huka, Vanguarda de Boros and Deegs like this