The Savage Coast is now here!
Begin your journey by going to @go MH
Players will need a full set of existing Shadow Gear and be at least level 175 in order to depart on High-Rank Hunts.
Today's patch will introduce two Great Monsters: Garanth and Nyia [More Great Monsters will be introduced soon!]
Over time, you will be able to face progressively harder challenges and obtain greater rewards, as new monsters make their way into the Savage Coast. Each monster has its own selection of Shadow Gears and some sets might not be available on the release date.
Defeating these two monsters will be the first step towards conquering the island. They will also be the key component in obtaining Fallen Angel Wings and Arch Angel Wings, as both wings can be crafted through Dante's quests using loots from Garanth and Nyia.
Dante will also be able to use these loots to enchant them, using the official enchanting system.
Large black wings from an archangel that was banished from heaven.
A pair of white wings from an archangel.
- Try out new skills and spells (only usable on the new Monster Hunting maps) by choosing a role!
- After finishing the introduction, bring a party of 5 to begin hunting Great Monsters!
- More Great Monsters will be introduced in the near future. Stay tuned!
- Forage, Fish and Mine gathering nodes to create useful consumables, Shadow Equipment and other rewards.
- Level up your Gathering Skills by completing quests through their respective Masters located within the Savage Coast.
The Weekly Quest System
Together with the new Monster Hunting content, a Weekly Quest System will be implemented.
As the name implies, they will reset once every week. The reset day is Tuesday, at midnight server time (PST).
- Quests can be obtained from Valerie O'Daley (which you already know as the Daily Rewards NPC).
- Through them, players will be able to obtain Blacksmith Blessings, which are fully tradeable.
- This system will also feature Weekly Coins. These are a new currency that can be exchanged for selected, untradeable items at the Master of Coin NPC.
- Rewards will be automatically mailed to you via RODEX when you complete a quest.
- Some quests will be rotated every week. However, within the same week everyone will receive the same quest rotation for easy party-making.
A vial containing unrestrained hopes and wishes of a blacksmith. These whispered words
|Play battlegrounds 10 times||10 Weekly Coins|
|Complete the specified instance||10 Weekly Coins|
|Finish the mob kill quest of the week||10 Weekly Coins|
|Kill every single Savage Coast Great Monster||1 Blacksmith's Blessing|
|Kill Garanth: 10 times||1 Blacksmith's Blessing|
|Kill Nyia: 10 times||1 Blacksmith's Blessing|
|Clear all the weekly quests (1-6)||3 Blacksmith's Blessing|
Due to the nature of the Monster Hunting releases, for a limited time, the Weekly Quests will feature Garanth and Nyia.
As more challenging monsters are introduced, these Monster Hunting related quests will be phased out for more challenging and rewarding ones.
Garanth and Nyia are but a taste of their fully grown versions (Garronath and Nysori), yet still challenging enough to put up a good fight.
They should provide a great opportunity to sharpen your skills and prepare yourselves for when Garronath and Nysori arrive at the Savage Coast!
We welcome everyone to play the new content and not miss this opportunity!
Note that all new Shadow Gear will be temporarily disabled from the War of Emperium for a few weeks.
Edited by Nova