The Christmas Event has ended.
- Snowball will continue for a little longer. We will make an announcement when it will be removed.
- Frosty will remain in Prontera for 1 week.
- Smile has returned to the Main Office.
With Christmas Event ending, weekly quests have been reverted to the pre-Christmas quests.
- Frosty Games quest has been removed.
- Weapon Refine quest has returned.
Hidden Garden and Lost In Time instance reward has been reduced from 3 clients per computer hardware to 1 client per computer hardware.
- Developer's note: Up until this update, we have put in a limit of 3 clients per computer hardware for most instance rewards. This limitation was put in place to prevent people from joining instances with many clients and receiving a large number of additional rewards from a single run-through. As of late, we have been more aware of cases where this limitation was bypassed by some players, and we believe it is best to remedy this situation before it gets out of hand.
- The solution we have come to was to reduce the reward limit from 3 clients per hardware to 1 client per hardware. Out of all the methods we have explored internally, this was the solution that least impacted players who did not attempt to bypass the limit. We will apply this change to 17.2 instances "Hidden Garden" and "Lost in Time" as of this update. Other instances will remain unchanged for the time being.
- With this limitation in place, we hope to discourage this type of behavior by reducing its effectiveness without falsely punishing players who did not participate in such bypass. We will also explore other methods to bring more balance between players in the future.
We've released a new 2020 beta client version (2020-07), we encourage players to swap to this client.
- This client has fixed all the existing issues with our current 2020 client based on our internal testing. If you encounter any other issues please report them via the bug tracker.
- NovaEXT will work with this version of the client.
- This client will become our new default client. Players will have the option to swap back to the 2018 client via the patcher.
- Next maint: disabling 2020-05 client completely.
- Community Suggestion Added a new @runecd command that will display the cooldowns of RK runes.
- The matk percentage bonus now also applies to overrefine bonuses.
- Added a number of 17.2 items to Character Storage.
- Added 17.2 currencies to the Currency Wallet.
- Fixed a number of enchants from Episode 17.2 from giving their bonuses at incorrect refine levels.
- A quest for the cute pet armor - Tassel for Durumagi (ama_dun01 8, 15) has been added.
- Fixed Child Admin Alpha's description to include the proper feed.
- The Boss Meow field boss will now properly drop Premium Ore Coin when killed.
- Atroce the Great (prontera 105 , 159) will now give you a - Pawpal Album where you can view all received Pawpal cards at your leisure!
- All Christmas Nova Shop items have been removed.
- - White Ornate Scarf will remain in the limited time section of the Nova Shop until March.
- - Frosty Pet Egg will remain in the limited time section of the Nova Shop until March.
Added - Royal Glory Egg to the Nova Shop for 2.5k NP.
- --- Common ---
- - Wealthy Poring
- - Laurel Poring
- - King Poporing
- - King Drops
- - King Marin
- - Flying Phoenix
- - Imperial Princess
- - Gold Blinking Eyes
- --- Uncommon ---
- - King Deviling
- - King Ghostring
- - Minotaur King
- - Shield Oath (Can be previewed via the hat effect genie).
- - Sword Oath (Can be previewed via the hat effect genie).
- - White Tiger [M]
- - Siberian Tiger [M]
- --- Rare ---
- - Court Mage's Scepter
- - Guardian's Glory
- - Knight's Cloak
- Added - Capoo Bundle to the Nova Shop for 15k NP (All contents can be bought seperately via the "Hats" section of the Nova Shop).
- The following recolor has been added to Miles in the main office.
- Xeno Slasher no longer consumes SP when it fails.
War of Emperium and Battlegrounds/PvP
- Community Suggestion Swapped out the PvP room arenas and changed the spawn to be random instead of one of 4 set spawns.