- Updated client data. If you are having issues logging on, download and extract the zip below in your NovaRO folder:
We've implemented a PIN-system for increased account security.
- You'll be able to delete characters within a 5-minute window instead of the usual 24 hours while you have the PIN system active.
- Creating, modifying or removing a PIN will require e-mail confirmation.
- Sharing your PIN is highly discouraged, and you are fully responsible for the actions of whoever has access to your account or device.
- Community Suggestion Selim can now merge a set of Halloween foods into Gluttony's Feast and 6 alcohols into a 30-minute version.
- Community Suggestion The Mission Board Eraser now has options for deleting each of the level ranges past 100.
- Fixed a client crash that would happen during the 'Play with Baby Cats' quest.
- Further improved the accuracy of @ws.
- Fixed a bug in the 'Whereabouts of the Gardeners' quest.
- Increased the size and added a ghost effect to the MVP Tomb.
- Charleston Crisis now resets at midnight.
We have added a new 4th job hairstyle to the stylist. (10 new hairstyles per gender)
- Female Hairstyles:
Introducing Loki's Path, formerly known as Hardcore mode.
- The old Hardcore mode as we knew it. You have a single life, limited commands and cannot trade with anyone outside the Hel's path.
New: Hel players are now able to trade between themselves. You'll still not be able to vend.
- Developer's Note: On our next maintenance we will have a separate in-game #trade channel for Hel players to utilize.
- Extra note: We apologize for all players who wanted their Hel characters to stay in a non-trade mode. As we mentioned previously, the old Hardcore mode was in a version 1 state and we found some exploits that made it unfeasible to consider account transfers. You're still able to consciously not trade in Hel, or opt for restarting anew in one of the new modes explained below.
- New: Players are now allowed to have more than one character per account.
- Otherwise known as Solo Self Found, Sleipnir's Path allows players to die and respawn normally, but totally removes the ability to party or trade with anyone by any means. You'll also be limited by the same commands available to Hel's Path players.
- You can have more than one character per account, but you won't have access to account storages, the bank or any other account progression tools which directly influences your character's power.
- If you miss the good old Hardcore days and think everyone else has it easy, Fenrir's Path is tailored for you. You'll have all the party and trade restrictions as players on Sleipnir's Path, but without the benefit of being able to respawn. Once you die, you're done for.
- Developer's Notes: When designing the various limitations of the three modes, we aimed to hit as many niches as best we could. Lots of players showed interest in having the classic Hardcore single life, but being able to trade, and many others expressed liking the old system with limited trading; which is the main reason why we've decided to go for the three modes Hel, Sleipnir and Fenrir.
- Another interesting aspect that came during development is the idea behind having Daily and Weekly rewards being separate from your main, standard account. This is something we explored deeply, but ultimately decided against due to two reasons:
- We wanted to keep the possibility of rolling over to standard if players decided to do so. As long as this possibility exists, we cannot allow bypassing of account restrictions due to possible abuse cases.
- These modes should be an optional extra challenge for the player that decides to partake in them. Having extra rewards or bypassing restrictions would make Loki's Path more of a mandatory way of playing, rather than an extra optional challenge, which goes against the main idea behind these modes.
- As such, while you can, in the future, expect 'rewards' for these modes, we'll not be making concessions with regular game behaviors, such as removing account restrictions or reducing party requirements (such as with MH).
- You can create your account and select your path here: https://www.novaragnarok.com/?module=account&action=loki
- We also have a new dedicated section on the forums for everything Loki's Paths, you can access it here: https://www.novaragnarok.com/forum/forum/130-lokis-path/
- We also added a new discord channel group for Loki's Path, and the old hardcore channel has been converted to the "Hel" channel. Each path has it's own discord channel (You will need to have the hardcore role to view these channels).
- Hel's Path:
Implemented death announcements for all Hardcore characters.
- Developer's Note: You can toggle this feature on the Login Settings NPC. Regular players will also be able to see the announcements, but they will be disabled by default.
- Re-enabled the #hardcore channel.
Most events or quests that would outright kill you, such as the Slot Machine or the Umbala Death Jump will not kill, but leave you seriously injured.
- Developer's Note: Please take care.
- HC-mode players will now be able to open System RODEX messages, such as those from Mom or Valerie.
- Fixed a bug where you would be teleported back to Prontera after relogging with a Hardcore character.
- Community Suggestion You'll now be able to pick items from the ground in instances such as OGH and Infinite Space.
- Comet will now correctly increase damage.
- Scar of Tarou is now correctly enabled inside Monster Hunting maps.
Added Accessibility options for Monster Hunting content.
- Options can be changed at the Eggcessibility Hen on the Wyvern (at the long dinning table).
- All options are account-wide and apply only for yourself. There are no restrictions on partying with people who have different accessibility options.
- Current options allow for changing the color of the notes used for Nysori's Siren Song mechanic.
- You may also choose between three map "skins" for the Savage Coast. The first is the normal map. The second changes out the beach sand texture for a darker texture. The third is commonly referred to as "gray map" (which now requires no additional downloads and can be changed to in game).
Further accessibility-friendly changes have been made:
- Notes for the Siren Song mechanic are also differentiated by shape. One note is a semiquaver and another is a beamed semiquaver.
- The note effects have been dramatically changed from the previous effects and are not simply recolors.
- The global lighting on the Savage Coast map was far too bright, inhibiting many people from seeing effects with high transparency. The lighting has been toned down (this was patched out a while ago) and should make seeing effects easier on the map, especially against certain textures.
- Developer's Note: We're happy to expand upon and add more accessibility options as we move forward. If you have any suggestions yourself or feel something is lacking, reach out to us on the Suggestions section here on the forums. We are always happy to hear and implement them, if feasible.
- Added - Blossoming Buddies Pack II to the Novashop for 2,500NP.
- Added - Spring Curls Egg to the Novashop for 3,500NP.
- The following hats can now be recolored at Miles in the main office.
- The following eggs can now be recycled at Miles
- Fixed Sword Stick ASPD bonus.
- Fixed Spell Flow Shadow Robe to decrease SP consumption, not increase.
- Fixed Temporal Gem to no longer give the Neutral Property random option enchant.
- Fixed the proc chance for Immaterial Sword, Mental Destroyer, Dark Priest Card and Refined Immaterial Sword.
- Fixed Moonlight Egg's effect.
- Fixed Warm Wind not properly endowing attacks.
- Fixed Bloodsucker not applying its effect after changing maps.
- Fixed Gentle Touch - Cure to remove Hallucination.
- Fixed the MATK bonus for Auto Shadow Spell.
- Fixed the behavior of Royal Guard's Reflect Damage.
- Fixed Concentration effect.
War of Emperium and Battlegrounds
Live balance changes (applied on March 19):
- Reduced Comet damage by 25%.
- Increased Arm Cannon damage by 25%.
- Community Suggestion Added a new, bigger Triple Inferno map for player counts equal or above 5v5v5.
- Added Concentrated Golden Syrup as an alternative participation requirement for BG.
- Removed Panacea's cooldown in Siege game modes.
Siege Commissioners Implemented a Banana Bomb item for WoE.
- Developer's Note: This follows the old Item Sling skill numbers. Duration of the sit effect is 3 seconds, with a 1-second cooldown, usable by Genetics only.
- Siege Commissioners Reduced the cooldown of Gate of Hell.
- Siege Commissioners Cecil's Memory change has been reverted. It now reduces the cooldown of Unlimited.
- Siege Commissioners The Barricade Device will now spawn instantly after the castle Emperium breaks.
Siege Commissioners Implemented a BG Buffer.
- To start, talk to Sothis in the Hall of Valor (189,202). She'll allow you to receive, at the start of every BG round, a set of pre-selected buffs of your choosing and give you Sothis Shield.
- Each buff is assigned a point value. You have a limit of 100 points in total and can select any number of buffs, as long as they're within the 100 points threshold.
- Inside a BG round, you can use Sothis Shield to reapply all the buffs selected previously.
Siege Commissioners Implemented a BG Secret Consumable Shop.
- After 25 BG wins in a single week, the Sketchy Dealer Anna allow you to buy multiple items from her secret stash.
- All items cost Valor Badges, are Account Bound and Rental for one week (aside from Yggdrasil Seeds and Berries).
- Mega Orlean's Course - 5000 Valor Badges (max 1/week)
- 30m Regeneration Potion - 500 Valor Badges (max 4/week)
- 30m Guyak Pudding - 1000 Valor Badges (max 4/week)
- 30m Big Defense Potion - 500 Valor Badges (max 4/week)
- 30m Big Magic Defense Potion - 500 Valor Badges (max 4/week)
- Yggdrasil Berry - 50 Valor Badges (max 30/week)
- Yggdrasil Seed - 30 Valor Badges (max 50/week)
The 9am BG Happy Hour slot will no longer allow the use of MVP cards.
- Developer's Note: Since the introduction of the tiering system, the MVP enabled BG HH slot has consistently showed the worst participation numbers. We'll be taking a closer look into participation in this specific slot in order to gauge if the reason for its unpopularity is the time of the slot itself or the fact that MVP cards were enabled.
- Guilds with no emblem will no longer be allowed in WoE in order to prevent abuse.
Players will no longer be able to cast Hide under the effects of their own Sight or Ruwach.
- Developer's Note: Once again, our players have proven to be at the top of their creativity by finding new unintended ways to bypass animation delays.
- We'll also be updating our Siege rulings to reflect this change and hopefully address any future similar cases. If you are unsure if something or some interaction breaks the new rule, please ask a member of the staff beforehand.