• Patch Notes #173

Nova
    • Patch Notes

Features

• Using Blacksmith's Blessings for refining Shadow Gear will no longer have a chance to Curse if your refining attempt fails.
      • Developer's Note: This means that, if your refine attempt fails, whenever using Blacksmith's Blessings, nothing will happen.
    • Fixed a potential issue with Weeklies having less variety of quests than intended.
    • Added Monster Subjugation Dailies and Weeklies for monsters in Ancient Juperos maps.
    •  Community Suggestion Dailies from Illusion of Luanda will now consider mobs from either rotation.
    • Implemented a skill for Currency Wallet.
      • Developer's Note: Purchasing a Currency Wallet Storage will now grant a skill to all the characters on the account, which allows you to open the Currency Wallet anywhere, without the need of using Kafra Cards or an NPC.
        This skill will be given retroactively to all players who already have a Currency Wallet.
    • Implemented Rekenber Scope.
      • Rekenber Scope is an useable item which shows you a list of rare monsters in the map you're currently in, alongside a number showing how many of them are currently alive and roaming the map.
      • Rare monsters are those which respawn timers are higher than 10 seconds. This does not affect MVPs.
      • You can craft Rekenber Scopes by talking to Utility Shops' Betty, at the basement floor of the Main Office. (main_office,183,98)
    • Implemented the Utility Belt skill.
      • The Utility Belt skill allows you to store Kafra Cards, Convex Mirrors and Rekenber Scopes, and use those without the need of sparing the extra inventory slots.
      • You can purchase the Utility Belt skill from Betty (main_office,183,98) for 3,000 Nova Points directly, or through exchanging a Utility Belt Ticket from the Nova Shop. Once unlocked, all the characters on the account will be granted the skill.
    • Reduced the Ingot amount from the Monster Hunter Ancient Hero weapons recipes by 1.

• Fixed a bug with some Shadow Gear having the wrong purification cost of Ingots instead of Zeny.

• Added a confirmation on Glast Heim: Challenge Mode enchantment reset to prevent missclicks.

• Added an enchantment reroll for Tomb of the Fallen headgears' stat enchants.
      • Rerolling has a fixed cost of 125 Cursed Fragments, 10 Sentimental Fragments and 300,000 zeny per slot.
    • Added an enchantment reroll for Racing Caps' stat enchants.
      • Rerolling the first slot has a cost of 30 Juperium Energy, 10 Rekenber Tickets and 300,000 zeny.
      • Rerolling the second slot has a cost of 60 Juperium Energy, 10 Academy Tickets and 350,000 zeny.
    • Halved the amount of Juperium Energy required to attempt an upgrade of the final Racing Cap enchant.
      • 1st Upgrade now costs 25. (previously 50)
      • 2nd Upgrade now costs 50. (previously 100)
      • No-downgrade option now costs 250. (previously 500)

Items

Siege and PvP

• The Utility Belt and Currency Wallet skills are disabled in all Siege game modes.
    •  Siege Commissioners Increased Algiz Runestone range to 9x9 from 7x7.
    •  Siege Commissioners Reduced Golden Syrup healing by 25% in War of Emperium.
    •  Siege Commissioners WoE Proximity Resistance changes:
      • Proximity resistance now affects and stacks up to 18 members (previously 15)
      • Proximity resistance now give 3% resistance per stack (previously 2%)
    •  Siege Commissioners Slug Shot can now be endowed in War of Emperium.
    •  Siege Commissioners Increased the damage from Slug Shot from +100% to +150% in War of Emperium.
    •  Siege Commissioners Round Trip now deals its base damage in War of Emperium. (previously +100%)
    •  Community Suggestion Pyroclastic no longer prevents weapon swapping in War of Emperium.
      • Developer's Note: Swapping weapon will remove Pyroclastic's effect.
    •  Siege Commissioners The Emperium from King of Emperium will now have +10% bonus HP per participating guild.
    •  Siege Commissioners Sophro Card now grants -2 ASPD in Battlegrounds.
    •  Siege Commissioners Reduced the Fixed cast time of Chain Lightening from 1 second to 0.7 seconds in Battlegrounds.
    •  Siege Commissioners Solar, Lunar, Stellar Union can no longer be dispelled in Battlegrounds.
    •  Siege Commissioners Reduced the cooldown of Prestige, 16th Night and Inspiration to 30 seconds in Battlegrounds.
    •  Siege Commissioners Reduced the damage of Freezing Spear from +50% to +25% in Battlegrounds.
    •  Siege Commissioners Reduced the damage of Sorcerer skills from +100% to +75%.
      • Developer's Note: Sorcerer skills affected are Diamond Dust, Psychic Wave, Varetyr Spear, Earth Grave and Poison Buster.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

"

"Added an enchantment reroll for Tomb of the Fallen headgears' stat enchants.

Rerolling has a fixed cost of 125 Cursed Fragments, 10 Sentimental Fragments and 300,000 zeny per slot."

I wanna kiss you in the mouth you beautiful Bas****!:astwah:

Please more of this individual rerolls all around, that's easy content for tired mofos like myself. And gives a real sense of progression, breaking away from Gravity's Cassinorok.
    I would love to bury myself in juperos to craft as Saint Mace with VCT 20% but after 130 tries i haven't gotten a single double VCT.

Merry Xmas lovelies, good job!

3 hours ago, Shinn88 said:

for utility belt , think is nice to add token of siegfried to its ability if possible

This is not possible due to the way these items interact with the client, sadly. ):

Can we have a more active GM for siege changes? 

Some of those changes weren’t even voted for and still have the “siege commissioner” seal.

For example, the proximity change was supposed to come with a nerf based on numbers of enemies around you to interact with this buff.

First off, glad to see the juperium enchant costs go down so thank you for going through with this after the suggestion that was raised.

However, don't want to be a party pooper but is it intentional to make it this difficult to obtain outdated items that mostly benefit meme builds and non-meta classes?

Let's say you already have a lvl 2 enchant which is not too difficult. That means on average u need 5000 juperium to succeed from 2 to 3 (250 per safe attempt at 5% success rate). With a fully geared RK which is probably one of the best farming classes in the game, you can pull off a little over 200 juperium. So essentially, you need to farm 25 hours just to obtain a lvl 3 enchant. 

On the other hand, let's say you hate farming and want to buy your way through from lvl 2 to 3. That means this would be the breakdown depending on price of juperium:
    250k each= 1,250,000,000 zeny total

200k each= 1,000,000,000 zeny total

150k each= 750,000,000 zeny total

Yeah.... not much more to say on that... Keep in mind, the buying strat is only possible if there are people actually farming the mats and adding to the market but an extremely late game class farming 200 would make around 50m an hour at juperium's highest price. Not many RKs and other farming classes would farm there when they could farm elsewhere for more zeny so there isn't much of a reason for the market to suddenly start flourishing after the patch.

So overall, I think this is a step in the right direction but the target audience for racing caps are clearly the diehard players willing to sacrifice hours or the players that have almost 1b in disposable zeny. I do apologize if this came across a bit aggressive but I do want to see these hats be more accessible so a larger number of people can actually enjoy the hat instead.

P.S. I really like the fact that this is being added to monster subjugation but it feels like more of a forced bandaid to the root problem which is still the high cost of enchanting coupled with the low chance of success.

Edited by kancell

19 hours ago, Kafety said:

Is it some misscomunication about proximity or what?

We've been made aware of an issue with proximity resistances in the latest patch, which resulted from a misunderstanding in the discussions that took place in WoE Commissioner's chat. As a temporary fix, we have partially reverted the proximity behavior to how it was in the previous patch (max 15 players, 2% resist per player), and we plan to address the full proximity changes in our next maintenance.

21 hours ago, WkOneShot said:

Can we have a more active GM for siege changes? 

Some of those changes weren’t even voted for and still have the “siege commissioner” seal.

For example, the proximity change was supposed to come with a nerf based on numbers of enemies around you to interact with this buff.

If you can find us a good one we'd be glad to bring them onboard. (I backread this and realized it sounded snippy. It's not, I'm entirely serious, and we intend to publish a new, shiny GM application in the very near future)

18 hours ago, kancell said:

but is it intentional to make it this difficult to obtain outdated items that mostly benefit meme builds and non-meta classes?

As you imply in your statement, not all of them benefit meme builds and non-meta classes exclusively.

The equipment was deemed decent enough to justify attaching an effort cost to it.
    We agreed that the overall cost to level up the item's enchants were too high so we decreased them drastically, but we feel they're at a good place now after the changes we've set.

I'd like to further emphasize that you can quite quickly obtain your hat and reach the level 2 enchant, which makes the headgear perfectly usable.

When talking about Racing Caps specifically, it feels to me like people pretend anything other than a level 3 enchant hat with the correct enchant is equivalent to nothing, and I just don't agree with that mentality. We intentionally balanced the item so that obtaining the headgear and getting the enchant you want was made quite easy, and we shifted some of that difficulty into the leveling of the enchant.

KoboldPrime likes this