• Patch Notes #176.5

Nova
    • Patch Notes

Hello there! We've got a short patch note for you guys with a number of bug fixes regarding the Enchantment Stones system, and one suggestion about the new Juperos instance.

• Players can now add Enchantment Stones to headgears that are transformed into Costumes by the Miles the Milliner NPC.
    • Headgears that take multiple equipment slots can now take multiple Enchantment Stones.
    • Fixed Enchantment Stone combos.
    • Fixed a bug where buying multiple Polished Marbles only cost 2.5m 
      • Extra Polished Marbles obtained from the bug will be removed.
    • Guards will now scare away monsters from Juperos' Ancient Laboratory entrance.

Pity System

We've added a pity system to Enchantment Stone drops. When a player defeats the number of monsters they reasonably expect to kill (100 divided by the item drop rate) for stone obtainment, every additional monster they defeat past this number will increase the drop rate for the stone following this formula:
    New Drop Rate = Drop Rate + (Drop Rate * Number of kills past threshold)

For example, where a Stone's drop is 0.20%

100 / 0.20 = 500

Then every kill past kill 500 would increase the drop rate of the stone by 0.20% until the item dropped.
    This value can increase all the way up to 100% drop chance.

When the item drops, regardless of what the pity value is at, the pity value will be set back to 0.
    Note that only the pity value of the last monster you killed will persist when you log out.
    As long as you don't log out, though, you will keep the pity value for any monsters that drop stones and have not yet.
    We wanted to make all of these values persist, but in order to do so we would have had to store hundreds of variables per character, which would lead to server lag.

We're aware right now Enchantment Stones conflict with Garment Visual effect enchants, and this is something that we will further pursue in the near future.

We want to assure you that we are reading all feedback being shared in regard to this system and discussing at length what the best course of action is moving forward, we just wanted to make sure to fix as many bugs as possible as quickly as possible.

Kruro, Greystache, zDoug and 11 others like this

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Reposting as support mains are still locked out of participating in this content.

Support Main Perspective:

The costume stones are a nice addition to the game; however, the mechanics of obtaining the stones neglect people who primarily enjoy playing support classes. I play AB, Wandy, and Sorc and I'm geared for endgame dungeons such as TTH / NTF / MH etc. Despite this, support mains such as myself could never obtain the costume stones without significantly investing in characters they do not enjoy playing. It doesn't feel good when support mains are locked out of content. Completing quests and weeklies is already painful enough as support, and I don't see a way for a support main to obtain the stones as currently designed other than paying for a leech.

Also, it'd be nice to see tank focused stones. For example, elemental or race resist which I could use on my AB/Wandy/Sorc.

Edit: looks like it's still possible for support mains to work towards it if they're willing to buy a set of lower end DPS gear per Nova's method below. Thanks for making me aware of it. I'm unsure on the difficulty & grind required with the alternate method compared to farming Amber directly. I personally have no interest in grinding mobs which is why I don't play DPS so I still do feel locked out to a degree. Changes seem decent for people who don't mind. 

Edited by Kimi
    zDoug and ViciousIV like this

1 minute ago, Kimi said:

Reposting as support mains are still locked out of participating in this content.

The costume stones are a nice addition to the game; however, the mechanics of obtaining the stones neglect people who primarily enjoy playing support classes. I play AB, Wandy, and Sorc and I'm geared for endgame dungeons such as TTH / NTF / MH etc. Despite this, support mains such as myself could never obtain the costume stones without significantly investing in characters they do not enjoy playing. It doesn't feel good when support mains are locked out of content. Completing quests and weeklies is already painful enough as support, and I don't see a way for a support main to obtain the stones as currently designed other than paying for a leech.

Also, it'd be nice to see tank focused stones. For example, elemental or race resist which I could use on my AB/Wandy/Sorc.

One of the things that we didn't do a great job of showing players is that you're actually able to turn Honed Lapis into Honed Jade as well as Honed Jade into Honed Amber.

Through these methods, players who cannot defeat mobs that drop Ambers well are able to still work towards their Onyxes by farming Lapis and Jade instead. I know this isn't an all-encompassing solution, but I figured I'd share it in case you were unaware of it.

That said, as mentioned in the patch note itself, this patch was primarily focused on fixing the biggest bugs with the system, namely the inability to apply costumes to Miles the Milliner costumes as well as the fact that all combos were working. We will continue to pay attention to the feedback we received for this system and keep thinking about different ideas that may lead to more players being able to enjoy the system.

Kimi, Mass and Greystache like this

It seems much better and even fairer now!

Btw, consider bringing costume stones for tank and elemental resist builds, it will make life much easier for main support players.

Thank u Nova

Kimi likes this

im unaware that you can exchange Lapis to Jade, and Jade to Amber.

now along with Pity system, this is twice better.

thank you for your hardwork.

You could at least not lie on main but whatever.

Btw, the system still sucks and forces you to farm like a Geffenia bot to enable it, it's still absurds amounts of times.

Next time remember to add delays to the actions done by the bots before getting values.

53 minutes ago, Kimi said:

Edit: looks like it's still possible for support mains to work towards it they're willing to buy a set of lower end DPS gear per Nova's method below. Unsure on the difficulty & grind required with the alternate method compared to farming Amber directly. I personally have no interest in grinding mobs which is why I don't play DPS so I still do feel locked out to a degree. Changes seem decent for people who don't mind. 

Hunting Bone Ferus by spamming Resurrection is not so bad.

Thank you for this!

btw this includes the monster that doesn't drop stone too?

For an example, if i stop farming stone and accidently kill other monsters that don't drop stone (either by the last aoe hit while farming or after stop farming), what will happen?

Note that only the pity value of the last monster you killed will persist when you log out.

So i tried this today and what a difference compared to yesterday's farm fest. actually got 3 ambers in almost 1:30 hrs compared to yesterday's 4 hrs. Its actually not too bad and I guess its an improvement. I suggest adding more mobs to the list that drops the amber if anything but as of right now its a good system.

Now if this actually applies to the racing cap enchants lol