Features

• Added Leaderboards for the following instances:
      • Nightmare Toy Factory
      • Thanatos Tower
      • Thanatos Tower [Hard]
      • Faceworm's Nest [Hard]
      • Ancient Laboratory
    •  New Feature  Community Suggestion Added a new command @countmonster
      • Developer's Note: As the name implies, the command lets you create a counter for any monster.
    •  New Feature Implemented Elemental Codex to Ju, Master of Elements (main_office,209,215)
      • Developer's Note: The Elemental Codex is a "Utility belt-esque" item. When bought, it will add a skill to your Misc. skill tab, which can store and hold elemental converters.
    • Eden Academy can now be accessed through @go 56.
    • Old Izlude can now be accessed through @go 57.
    • The command /ex will now also block messages sent to public chat.
    • Nutritionist Changes:
      • Added 30m Guyak conversion.
      • Added 60m Regen, Rejuv, Mega Rejuv, Potion of Energy, Mega Energy, Big DEF, Big MDEF, +12 Foods conversion.
    • Added a new function to the Novaphone: Play random song on map change.
    • Weekly Quests changes:
      • Revamped the list of instances on Instance Completion weekly quest.
      • Removed the following Weekly Quests:
        • Garronath/Nysori Hunt (Reward: 1 BSB)
        • Savage Cost Hunt (Reward: 1 BSB)
      • Added a new Weekly Quest: Instance Expedition (Nelloz can be found in Eden, next to Maggie Arth and Veteran Sean) 
        • Unlike Instance Completion, this quest requires you to talk to X and complete a set instance, unique to you. This can be completed only once per day. Finishing the task 3 times in the week completes the weekly quest.
        • Reward: 2 Endeavor Tokens per instance completed + 5 Endeavor Tokens at the final turn-in. (totaling 11 Endeavor Tokens)
      • Added a new Weekly Quest: Monster Subjugation 2
        • Much like Monster Subjugation, you'll be tasked with eliminating a certain quantity of two different mobs. This list does not overlap with the first quest.
        • Reward: 10 Endeavor Tokens.
      • The "Complete All" Weekly Quest will now reward 8 Blacksmith Blessings (previously 6).
        • Developer's Note: Overall, the amount of BSBs was kept the same, while granting 21 extra Endeavor Tokens compared to before.
    •  Bug Fix Kafras will now repair, free of charge, the hat obtained through Hollenghren's lesson in Eden Academy.
    •  Bug Fix Fixed a plethora of small bugs within the Eden Academy.
    •  Bug Fix Fixed a bug where the Refinement Weekly Quest could give credit on failure.
    •  Bug Fix Increased the chance to proc the combo bonus for Illusion Sprint Shoes and Illusion Sprint Glove.

Monster Hunting

• Implemented Achievements for Angnar hunts.
    • Using @load inside the Savage Coast will now send you to The Wyvern instead of your usual save point.
    • A failed hunt will now send all members of the party back to The Wyvern.
    •  Bug Fix Necrosis will no longer be removed when affected by a plant.

Items

•  Bug Fix Fixed a plethora of "Paradise" items not being equippable or granting weird bonuses.
    JihanKr, Madalena, POGG and 4 others like this

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This is a really nice step in the right direction regarding weeklies! In my opinion weeklies should be something accessible so that new and veteran players alike are motivated to engage in the content they present and keeping new players motivated and helping them catch up to the harder content.

Monster Hunter weeklies were notoriously difficult to mostly everyone but a few very high level leechers that could solo the content and made it accessible to weaker players (for a fee). I feel that removing this content from weeklies make them way more accessible to be done, since this roadblock will not be there anymore.

Although it's a positive change, I do have mixed feelings regarding the newly introduced weekly quests, and to a lesser degree Treasure Hunt as it share the same issues I have right now. These mostly come down to:

1. Adding a second monster subjugation weekly isn't really all that engaging. People do monster subjugation without a problem, sure. But they usually would rather not be doing it as it's not something that is quick to do, and usually increasing party size can only speed it up to a point. So adding a second one isn't what I would call engaging content that I'm eager to do. Although, my main point should be the following.

2. Time gating weekly quests to only be doable on a fixed daily interval is detrimental to the user and makes it so those with less flexible schedules aren't able to complete them, either due to forgetting said quests exist until it's too late, or because they had to work a few nights too many and now they're not able to complete their quests despite having a full day/weekend available. Again, I wanna point out that time is the most precious resource available to someone, so time gating these quests will just turn off people outright since the game won't be playable in their time. Which leads me to point 3.

3. Compressing all of the BSBs into the weekly rewards is really, really bad. It just makes any slip up in schedule have massive a massive penalty to the player. They might as well not even try to finish their weeklies by that point if they know there is no point. BSBs are essential for new and old players. New players need them to be able to get stronger and engage in more content while old players need a constant influx of BSBs so they can craft their high end gears for their end game instance farms. Limiting BSBs to the weekly reward punishes new players that aren't able to complete everything. This is a huge turn off to anyone that wants to invest the (monumental)  time and effort this game requires to catch up and do instances like NTF, TTH, etc.

These are the main points that make me feel that this otherwise great update is a mixed bad. I'd happily talk more about my points of view on things and such whenever asked.

To your first point, we also feel Monster Subjugation 2 isn't the most inspired add, but we did feel that it was a good enough upgrade to justify replacing the Monster Hunter weekly.

Hopefully with time we can think of a better alternative and replace Monster Subjugation 2, I know I personally am open to that.

As per your second point, I feel as long as a weekly quest doesn't go over the already-existing time separation that is there from the Daily Reward weekly, which asks you to log in for 4 different days, it's a non-issue. I would agree it's a negative change if it required you to do an activity for more than 4 days.

Lastly, towards point 3, I have mixed feelings. The idea behind Weekly Quests and a bulk BSB reward at the end is there to prevent people from abusing the system by trying to bypass the one-per-person-per-week restriction. Lately, with how easy the MH quests had become to finish, we were seeing more and more cases of people abusing the system and finishing JUST the MH quests to get BSBs and run them again. This is something that, if left unchecked, could continue to expand and create a very big issue. Because of that, for the time being, we moved towards condensing the BSBs to the Complete All weekly. In the long-term, if and when we come up with further, better alternatives for weekly quests, we may reconsider spreading some of those BSBs.

JihanKr likes this

It is a good enough upgrade in that people can actually clear it without having to pay lol

The second point works only if we consider from the idea that people slowly progress on their weeklies over the week. As it stands people don't progress on their weeklies, they either finished them or they didn't. Usually other games have a point system where you slowly fill up a bar until the end of the week and you get rewards along the way. That way, you can complete your weeklies as you're able to while not being required to complete everything, and having more flexibility on what you can complete. It's also good to note that in almost every game that implements that, weeklies are an expected routine and you're expected to finish them by the end of the week if you're at the very least engaged in the content.

Weeklies in NovaRO are daunting to new players (Now that MH is gone, there's also Item hunt and Bio5). They feel useless because they don't have the gear to be able to contribute and everyone that *can* contribute is so many billions over their heads that they feel insurmountable. Most classes require you to at least have a +9 equipment to function properly, with a non-insignificant number requiring +11 in some of them. The refine % chance and the amount of BSBs required per attempt is extremely discouraging to anyone that isn't fully dedicated. This is why spreading out rewards along the weeklies instead of one huge payout at the end is so important, so that the players feel that they even have a chance at competing (Against 20% odds on a +9 with 4 BSB and 1 Enriched Ore cost, which is an extreme amount of money that could've gone into saving for a piece of gear)

Yes, I understand that people creating multiple accounts to farm BSBs is a problem, but understand that by focusing on that problem, we're with a big problem right now in exchange, one that degrades user experience and makes it so new players are less prone to sticking around.

sergeantsam, Thatcher, POGG and 2 others like this

Just now, astroty said:

Weeklies in NovaRO are daunting to new players (Now that MH is gone, there's also Item hunt and Bio5).

Weeklies in NovaRO are not targeted towards new players. New players aren't even able to obtain them, there is a level requirement before you even get the option to grab them.

JihanKr and magnumbeat like this

5 minutes ago, Nova said:

Weeklies in NovaRO are not targeted towards new players. New players aren't even able to obtain them, there is a level requirement before you even get the option to grab them.

This is baiting me into saying "This is why we don't get new players for long" lol

But well, in how many days people hit 175? 2 days? 3 days?
    Do they stop being new by then? Do they suddenly become veterans and are able to do dailies at 175 right then and there?

Of course not. Weeklies are obviously required by everyone, especially new players. You wanting New Players to not do weeklies is ridiculous, as it's the only way they have to catch up to the game. That's why people sold leech consistently every week for years now. And why people will continue to do so. Because weeklies are not made for new players,    but.

its taken us *old* players just as long to get to the point we are at. Just because new players feel entitled. This is ridiculous that the new players are complaining about getting things done. We we all there at one point or the other. Instead of having everything dropped in your lap get of your ass and work for something?

Nova and arangwe like this

I would like to show some dislikes on the updated weekly system:

1. Removing BSB from one of the weekly quest (MH)
    RO is an old game, adults plays this game. They have work in real life, not all of us have time to finish all these quests. These guys farm zeny in real life, not ingame. Removing BSB from one of the weekly quest might create inflation of BSB price. Right now they're already at 9m a piece. There's no other way of obtaining them than weekly. Whales/People that don't have time to finish these quests prefer buying BSB using zeny. Less supply + more demand = inflation.

2. Adding more task to the weekly quest instead of reducing it
    Goes back to point one. We don't have time to play this game anymore. We have life in the real world. Some of us even have kids. MH was actually one of the quick quests to finish. The ones tied to daily (once per day for consecutive days) needs to be reworked so us, casual gamers can enjoy BSBs.

Thank you.

Edited by Anfie
    Dida, Morgan Le Fay and Avalon like this

I understand you want to make content accessible to not only old players but newbie. But removing additional BSB and the requirement to finish all quest before BSB might cause inflation to BSB's price. Not only that, you need to understand most of the players here have their own life, works, families. Making weeklies much more grindy only cause those who is busy already with their life leave this game all at once, as @astrotysaid already. Since they know they don't have the chance to finish the weeklies anyway. Why bother?

So, spreading the BSBs reward in each weeklies quest is the best decision instead of finishing them at once to get all the BSBs. It gave us (people who is busy already with work) chance to play this game too. 

I suggest making MH an additional option for the BSBs reward.

or, giving BSBs reward to other weeklies quest without needing to finish all the quest at once (such as treasure hunt or monster sub, etc).

7 hours ago, Anfie said:

Removing BSB from one of the weekly quest might create inflation of BSB price. Right now they're already at 9m a piece. There's no other way of obtaining them than weekly. Whales/People that don't have time to finish these quests prefer buying BSB using zeny. Less supply + more demand = inflation.

Couldn't agree more on this. Most of veterans I know choose to buy BSB rather than finishing Weeklies, and i think is one of the main causes of BSB inflation (more demand, less supply). 

Veteran's main source of Zeny is:

- Focus on farming only Endgame istances (the Nightmare ones). 

- Selling Leech.

- Selling Nova Points.

- The Market of MVP cards.

Because all of those give a lot more Zeny than weeklies.

While Weeklies "are not meant to be done by New players", but most of people that finish them are  just New Players or Mid Tier players, cause Weeklies are the best way to progress when you are new in the game. 

So, maybe @Nova might wanna reconsider his expectation about people who should play weeklies, to match the real population who actually plays weeklies? Just an idea.  :th_ic:

Edited by Avalon
    POGG and Morgan Le Fay like this