• Resolution on Hosting Problems

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to give you guys an update on the situation with our host, OVH.

Two weeks ago, we experienced drastic packet loss and lag spikes over the course of 3 days. (You can read more about it here

Due to the issue having occurred around the weekend, OVH's support response time was quite delayed, and they kept "fixing" the issue only for it to come back.

We became very disappointed with the support that we received from the OVH during this incident, which led to @Norm and I to explore hosting alternatives very thoroughly only to find that few services could even come close to what we could obtain from OVH.

Ultimately, we have decided to continue using them as our hosting provider. The primary factor that led to this decision is the unmatched DDoS protection that they offer us at no additional cost due to their massive infrastructure. We're a big server, and that makes us a big target, making strong DDoS protection vital for our stability.

That said, we are establishing new protocols in order to prevent anything like this from happening again.

We have ordered an additional dedicated server, located in a separate datacenter so that if similar incident were to occur, we would be able to quickly and efficiently migrate to said machine while we wait for OVH to solve the underlying problem.

We've also purchased OVH's "Premium Support", which should get us quicker responses in regards to any incidents we may experience.

Thankfully, by now the issue has been entirely resolved and we have been stable for the past week. We thank you for your patience and look forward to seeing you in-game!

Puros, Ary, Miyoo and 14 others like this

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

We have ordered an additional dedicated server, located in a separate datacenter

We've also purchased OVH's "Premium Support", which should get us quicker responses in regards to any incidents we may experience.

Thanks for all the effort you put on keeping the quality and stability of the server. /no1

16 hours ago, h_cobra said:

... "we have been stable for the past week", this is not true at all. I've been experiencing lag and several disconnects during this week.

Probably an issue unrelated to the OVH thing. I've been playing fine.

On 3/26/2021 at 2:23 AM, h_cobra said:

... "we have been stable for the past week", this is not true at all. I've been experiencing lag and several disconnects during this week.

It is most certainly true, we've kept a very close eye on things. You should check your own connection to the server.

Note, we're not saying every player is going to have a perfect connection, there's a variety of variables that could be causing your issues, but the observed issues we had with our host are now resolved.