• Sign in to follow this  

Summer Festival Updates

Nova
    • Patch Notes

Summer Festival July 9th Updates

• We have added more arenas for Poolside Panic, Seaside Shuffle, Dodgebomb, Shellfish Shuck and Voltz Clicker. The new arenas will draw from the same queue so you do not need to queue separately for each one.
    • Improved queue system: when players join multiplayer queue through the Summer Tablet, they can now see the queue size of each multiplayer game and choose which game they would like to queue for.
    • @joinqueue command has been removed and merged into Summer Tablet. It now includes a Random Game option when you join multiplayer queue.
    • The Summer Tablet can no longer be used while a player is in a multiplayer game.
    • All single player games in the summer festival now have their own instances. (Crystal Chaos was not ready for the update, but will receive the same instancing system in the very near future.)
    • Mines will no longer spawn near the King Pouring's spawn point to prevent instant-death scenarios.
    • Reduced the number of Festival Attendee NPCs on the island by half.
    • Empty digging and foraging nodes will once more disappear, this time without risking a client crash.
    • Make sure you patch to get the new version of the Summer Festival Island!

Summer Festival

• The Summer Island map received a second overhaul. Make sure you patch!
      • Added another pier so fishing is less crowded.
      • Added 4 more Poring Patterns to the bottom left of the island. Instancing for this game has been removed.
      • Added 2 more Crystal Chaos games to the bottom left of the island.

• Added a Poring Matcher to the top right of the island.

• Added one more Poring Stacker game to the top right of the island.

• Added four more Countdown NPCs to the bottom left of the island.

• Developer's Note: For our next maintenance, we plan on adding new arenas for the following multiplayer games to reduce waiting time in queues: Poolside Panic, Seaside Shuffle, Dodgebomb, Shellfish Shuck. We apologize about not having this change ready for this maintenance.

• Reduced the Multiplayer Weekly Quest requirement from 50 to 40.

• Increased Poring Pattern's win cooldown from 7 seconds to 30 seconds to match other single-player games.

• Summer Festival Concert songs have been reduced from 4 to 3 songs, bringing the average duration of the event down from ~12 minutes to ~8 minutes.
    • Concert Daily Quest requirement was decreased from "Great" to "Okay".
    • Hell's Plant no longer works on the Grotto.
    • Fixed an issue where players were crashing while Foraging and Digging.
    • Fixed an issue where Pourings and Totos spawned in unreachable areas.
    • Summer Ticket requirement was reduced from 6 daily quests to 5.
    • King Pouring's maximum HP has been reduced.
    • Drastically reduced the chance for bubbles to take players out of the Grotto.
    • Fixed an issue where Summer Boots didn't apply the effect when you re-entered the Summer Festival and Rock Island.
    • Fixed a few unreachable portals in Seaside Shuffle.
    • Fixed an issue where Summer Tablet was not returned to the player when they left the Grotto.
    • Fixed an issue with the Concert Attendance achievement.
    • Fixed an issue where underwater mines were triggering for multiple people, dealing massive damage.
    • Reduced the Summer Coin Weekly requirement from 16,500 Summer Coins down to 11,000 Summer Coins.
    • Added a second stage for the Summer Concert. Players will be able to choose which stage to enter, and there will be a player counter displayed on the portal so that you can choose to enter the less or more populated stage.
    • Fishing rods and shovels now have base HP values. This will prevent brand-new tools from breaking immediately after upgrading into it. The rarer the tool, the higher the HP value.
    • The Concert Weekly Quest has been adjusted, you can now either attend the Summer Concert or participate in the Fishing Tournament.
      • Along this change, the reward from this quest was changed from 150 Guitar Picks to 300 Summer Festival Coins.
    • Reduced the Summer Cooking daily quest from requiring 5 cooking sessions down to 3.
    • Increased each Summer Cooking session's reward up from 10 Gourmeow Vouchers to 20 Gourmeow Vouchers.
    • Algaes in the Grotto will now count for both the Daily Quest and the achievement for foraging.
    • Added a 60s cooldown to the Summer Tablet's "Return to Gathering Hub" option.
    • Modified Summer Concert and Fishing Tournament schedule:
      • On even days of the month, the Summer Concert will happen at 4, 12, and 20 hours and the Fishing Tournament will happen at 0, 8 and 16 hours.
      • On odd days of the month, the Fishing Tournament will happen at 4, 12 and 20 hours and the Summer Concert will happen at 0, 8 and 16 hours.
    • Reduced the weight for Summer foods and ingredients from 5 to 0.
    • Increased the amount of Totos and Cave Fishes on the Island and Grotto.
    • Fixed proc chance skills working on Grotto.
    • Grotto's Gripper and Cave Fish will no longer be affected by noks.
    •  HP regeneration items will no longer work inside the Grotto.
    • Jets island and Bomb countdown have been removed from Frenzy.
    • Frenzy has been changed from 1 multiplayer, 2 arcade, 2 single player to 1 multiplayer, 1 arcade, 3 single player.
    • Fixed an issue where some summer pets could not be fed properly.

Items

•  Community Suggestion Fixed Blank Eyes to look better on official hairstyles 1 - 30 and 71 - 72. 
    •  Community Suggestion Fixed the position of a few hundred hats on Doram.

Edited by Nova

Ezekylle likes this
    Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I still think that 11k coins is too many, given how other weeklies can be done in 10-20 minutes but this one multiple hours to complete but i'm glad it's at least been reduced down to 11k

Arrow likes this

Share this comment

Thanks for the work.

11k. Is still too high, at least to me. I dont want to waste 2 hours on Summer event, every day to get that amount.
    As a average i get 800 Coins per hour, with second lvl shoes and speed on swimsuit.

Share this comment

Added 4 more Poring Patterns to the bottom left of the island. Instancing for this game has been removed.

1 step forward, 2 steps backwards.

Why not implement instacing to the other mini-games instead of removing the best feature implemented in this Summer event?

Just to be perfectly clear, I am fine with the increased cooldown for Poring Patterns. The issue is not allowing multiple people to play at once.

Edited by Skyrius
    Blazzy, Caaduzin, Agitation and 6 others like this

Share this comment

It would be nice to match the summer coin task to your summer weekly quest, you guys are asking for 4 dailies/concert or fishing attendance/ 50 multiplayer (now 40) which are basically doable within one hour run per day with all gears fully enhanced (wetsuit and running shoes). But each run let us earn more or less 2k summer coins based on my experience.

In my opinion 8k summer coin for weekly is quite fair for the task.

Annelin likes this

Share this comment

35 minutes ago, IsaacAsimov said:

So many people left lol and i guess am gonna join them too, thank you for all the amazing moments <3

Edited by Covid19
    Vanguarda de Boros likes this

Share this comment

11k coins is just too many. caz you d have to zealously grind 5-10 hours in grotto for that.

* mh +pvm weeklies were good and welcomed by many because it was relatively fun party play without monotonous brainless grinding (even if that was less profitable than some known places) and imo completion was a main gaming activity for a bunch of people. and half of that bunch prolly will try to do general pvm ...other prolly will rest till october ...

40 multiplier is another 2 hours spent (or more, given i got into 2-3 multy games per 15 minutes. even not during frenzy. and given you need to attend fishing/concert - it adds festival hours count) ...and mostly wasted as you d have to wait on queue without zealously grinding grotto. 

poring pattern nerf is very unnecessary (ok tnx for response Nova) .    ....so i guess now it operates like countdown and without queues but with comparatively much more people around...well, point is that i lost hope to join it rather quickly as 'somebody is playing' and all chars close to pattern table are trying to get a round for them making my odds of joining low...so i went for other activities.

Edited by vik

Share this comment

The Poring Patterns nerf was extremely necessary. It was the ONLY game with maxed out participation in and out of frenzy, pointing to a massive balancing issue between all other games.

Share this comment

Why nerf the one thing that works great instead of buffing the other, unpopular games?

Although I'm not happy with the huge cd I understand why you might want to restrict that, but at least don't remove instancing

Tudor and Conga like this

Share this comment