• Teaser: Monster Hunting

Hector
    • Announcements

NOVA_DragonWyvern_fullres.png

Invitations from the Hunter’s Guild made its way through the hands of adventurers and heroes alike, calling them once more to tackle a new, yet familiar threat. The putrid stench in the air and its massive wingspan is a reminiscence to Garronath, but its sinister aura made it clear that it is something more. Its poison is as virulent as its winds violent, capable to incapacitate those who come unprepared. Few that survived the initial onslaught would be at the mercy of its spikes; a constant barrage with deadly accuracy. Merciless and powerful, it had earned the name of Zaedronath, the apex of all Garronaths.

First sighted by the veterans of Hunter’s Guild, its emergence shook even Seruel and his party. Others quickly dismissed his group, thinking the years finally caught up on them. Soon however, their ignorance would be proven fatal as they find themselves laying on the ground; with scars and festering wounds serving as their silent witnesses. Many theorized that Zaedronath surfaced from the countless killings the adventurers have done against Garronaths, and it is simply the result of evolution and adaptation against its harsh environment. Like a reflection of brutality, Zaedronath shall exact its vengeance against them.

Zaedronath is a 3 star, Wind Elemental, Dragon Race Great Monster which will soon be available to players to hunt.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

i got so excited when i saw the unknown monster logo at discord, but it quickly went away.. no offense but really, another Garronath? i know its going to be harder but most of the mechanics might end up being the same... i really wish im wrong.
    I was hoping for Hrungnir or even anything from that list of unknown monster in the wiki... are you guys running out of ideas? coz if so, would you guys be open to having a suggestion thread for Boss Mechanics in MH? it can even be extended to custom instances.

I really like this content and i know you guys are working hard on developing them so thank you for that but seriously try to raise the bar on difficulty and not just the HP. Angnar felt pale in comparison to Nysori's mechanics.
    oh and now that MH is out of weekly quests, only people who are interested in the content are playing it, im pretty sure they wouldnt mind a little bit of challenge.
    But if you guys are dealing with technical problems then i guess theres nothing we can do about it.

It's a 2 paragraph, minor teaser for upcoming content; I think you're reading a bit too much into it. Besides, you're comparing a 1 star hunt to a 3 star version; kind of an unfair comparison, in my opinion. If you compare Nyia to Nysori (at her "prime", so to speak), it becomes obvious how much the added mechanics on top of an existing fight impacted it's dynamic. Slap in numbers that take into account up-to-date damage and durability values expected from properly geared players and I'd say you have a decent chance this'll be "a little bit of challenge". Bit early to start making assumptions, though. I'll reserve judgement for when we end up seeing more about the boss.

Edited by Greystache
    Haste likes this

31 minutes ago, Red said:

I was hoping for Hrungnir or even anything from that list of unknown monster in the wiki... are you guys running out of ideas?

The mammoth took 2+ years to come out and it's only the baby version, meaning missing skills for the adult version. Did you really expect the MH devs to release something else so fast ?

Ariasmen likes this

While I understand your sentiment, the reality is that brand new monsters take time. Ideas are a dime a dozen, as stated before, Angnar is but a juvenile version of Hrungnir, meaning he has around a third of the total mechanics Hrungnir will have. While we have those mechanics fleshed out on paper, making them actually work in game, in the middle of a battle, all of which working together is the hurdle that puts us in this position. Zaedronath is our attempt at releasing another hunt as quick as possible so that players have more than just Angnar to play with while next, brand new monsters are in development.

Haste, Greystache and Shikiya like this

48 minutes ago, 0zai0zado said:

you should do a solo version of all content with less rewards...  i didnt even saw the new mh3 monster and this will be no different

I actually agree with this comment, probably a version that could be hunted solo. since MH is now not included on Weeklies

I feel like people are less likely to gravitate into doing this MH contents unless they are doable solo.

Avalon, Leosky and Morgan Le Fay like this

26 minutes ago, Greystache said:

Besides, you're comparing a 1 star hunt to a 3 star version; kind of an unfair comparison, in my opinion. If you compare Nyia to Nysori (at her "prime", so to speak), it becomes obvious how much the added mechanics on top of an existing fight impacted it's dynamic.

what 1-star hunt? i dont know if its just me but Angnar being a 3-star hunt should make people expect that its harder than 2-star but it isnt

20 minutes ago, Leinarth said:

The mammoth took 2+ years to come out and it's only the baby version, meaning missing skills for the adult version. Did you really expect the MH devs to release something else so fast ?

why is it wrong to hope that they have done so much in that time? i wasnt there to wait 2+ years so i dont know how people feel about it but

should i start setting my expectations low for them?

32 minutes ago, Hector said:

Zaedronath is our attempt at releasing another hunt as quick as possible so that players have more than just Angnar to play with while next, brand new monsters are in development.

i realized this was your intention and im thankful for it but idk... i guess ill just have to wait and see.

and yea im probably overreacting sorry about that.

Greystache likes this