Kevin Snowpaw

Star Emp help, looking for a master!

Hey guys I am...really new XD I used to play RO a lot back in "the day" but it was pre renewal and now im.. lost and confused...

I really loved Taekwon and the natural evolution of that is star emp, I have recently made it there but I am DIEING like... ALL THE TIME my gears trash, my build is probably garbage and Ive NO IDEA what im doing or were i should put my points while leveling, ect.

Ive looked up a few builds but there no exactly GUIDES for getting there XD just what your looking at end game when all your gear is ideal.

Any star emps around looking for a student? ;3 preferably ones with supportive guilds i can leech advice from?

really want a personal touch here I think I will really love this job once I... figure out why I keep becoming best friends with the ground XD

in general, sprint buff (very short distant sprint-stop) without equiping weapons should give a relatively high damage boost. Couple that with the sprint+FSK combo would net a pretty high single-target damage. And of cos, the damage from kihop is dependent on the number of members in the party.

Gear-wise, start off with eden gears, and dont use any weapon until you get a +8 crimson bible and above (the element is irrelevant since you can take advantage of the warm wind). Add dex and luk for your hatred skills on the target, it should give you good damage on the specific targets already.

Posted (edited)

This is what I use (I only use star and solar so I've no clue about the rest):

120 str

90 agi

enough vit for 100 total

1 int

100 dex

100 luk

Solar build:
Swap backpack with excellion wing since solar burst needs the -delay from it.
Star build:

Same thing but I swap to backpack with brown rat to get 193 aspd instead of the excellion set

A good set to aim as end game should be something like this:
high refine White Drooping Eddga (use rideword hat until you get this, it's more than enough)

Monocle with EoE Str 3
Blood Sucker

Cursed Knight's shield with KK (+4 is more than enough)

+15 Crimson Bible with WK*2 and a book(3) with 3 manananggal card to activate miracle (if you care about it)

+9 backpack with brown rat/Excellion with triple atk/triple res (depends on what you want to do)

Excellion Suit str+atk+atk or str+atk+unfrozen (depends on what you want to do; in some cases you may even want elemental armor instead of the atk)

Temp STR boots with FS and HE (I get 193 with FS so I see no need for the aspd enchant but it's also a valid option; bear's might or lucky day are also fine although bear's might will feel like crap unless you focus a lot on solar since it looks designed to kill packs and it only activates when you get dmg (no, using aloeveras to activate it isn't worth it))

PER Double ATK *2 with buffalo card set (revolver and shotgun) (hybrid aspd and atk are also fine if you need the aspd; crit isn't worth it, heat and skills that you use benefit 0 from it, you're saying goodbye to dmg)

Loyal Incubus Pet (you don't want 0 sp)

@blind- many players often don't know of the existence of this command to remove the blind effect from demon

To get there just aim for something really basic:

start with eden, swap to airship later, start getting cheap upgrades from the market until you can do harder stuff (a cheap upgrade is something like 1-2M).

Don't ditch so fast the airship manteau, it's one of the things that many players often ignore since a raydric there let's you get -30% neutral damage and that's a godsend in the begin and even later if you want some reductions.

If you want a cheap weapon, you can start with an encyclopedia. They're super cheap and there is always someone selling them most of the time.

Rock Ridge has a quest - https://www.novaragnarok.com/wiki/Rock_Ridge#Fistful_of_Zeny - that gives a decent accessory (pick the left one), you can do it as soon as you're lvl100. It's a fine upgrade compared to having nothing and even good until you get access to PER (Physical Enhancer Ring)

Focus on lvling more than nothing (Gramps and quests help a lot), it makes a difference being higher lvl against monsters. Later on you can farm lots of stuff.
Charleston Crisis is a good instance to do to get a bit of zenny from selling the fuels or using them to create gear from verus - https://www.novaragnarok.com/wiki/Verus_Equipment_Exchange

OGH Normal with new/weak people may also be something to do to get some zenny with the loot.

Ghost Palace, Sarah's Memories and Airship Assault are nice to get useful stuff (and you can also sell some of their loot to players).

Also try to make the PERs with the coins from GMT instead of buying them for now. The amount may be a lot and you won't finish it (for now) but luck may be with you and you may get one of the good cards that when sold to a player will let you equip your SE.

Edited by TunaDeck

thanks for the advice guys I will try to use this to my advantage ^^ i'll need to playa round with solar lunar and stellar builds to get a feel for the one i enjoy the most. 

The gear lists help though im too high level to GET the eden gear the npc wont give me the quest for it DX

I had No idea i could remove the dark ring with a chat command XD i have been avoiding the demon skill;s for that reason I will try that should help a lot.

16 hours ago, TunaDeck said:

Swap backpack with excellion wing since solar burst needs the -delay from it.

I think a +7 backpack with brown rat would give more dps than excellion with 3 atk supp since Solar burst has 0.5 delay and the combo gives 20%  -acd, which would put solar burst delay at 0.4s, its barely noticeable unless you have a kiel card, in which case it'd be 0.25s delay.

Posted (edited)

leech gramp to max lvl first. get some basic gear along the way. and most importantly, improve your game play!improve your game play!improve your game play!(knowing the 2nd job skills, elements change , mobbing skills). I see so many SE with endgame gears, still play like a drunk monkey.

save money to  get:

c.book(use +7+8 when you dont have money, buy +15 later on ) ,

then tempo dex boots + BM for moon build or tempo str boots+ hawk eye/LUK( HE better)  for solar build/ star build. then ridewood hat+incubus pet for leech, you will just not die , nor run out of sp.

these are the most important eqs to make SE functional, meaning you good to go . use hatred to farm or do instance boss.    make more improvements to  other eqs later when you have more funds.

ps : dont use excellion wing, the acd reduction from excel set + heartwing band is not sufficient enough to make a meaningful difference , on top of that  you give up aspd and damage or leech. I recommend you to use a cheap gss with dex or str . hbp not worth invest in anymore ( since faw coming soon enough ,and in pt , difference between +9 hbp vs random gss is not noticeable. 

endgame gear can be found here: https://www.novaragnarok.com/wiki/Colours'_Guide_To_Star_Emperor

pps: dont aim for 193 aspd solo with our HE proc , its useless and wasteful . instead , add aspd% gear in conjugation with mins' aspd song or HE proc to get 193.

ppps: 

moon kick is much more safer for basic farming if you can 1 or 2 shot the mob, or even kite the mob.

use falling star for instance boss like GMT , CC. 

use solar burst in party with mins to do end game stuff.  it wasn't good for solo mob farming before the nerf, and its even more trash after nerf .

pppps:

u will still die a lot after all that(bio5) . hahahahahaha enjoy.

Edited by Renamed1

10 hours ago, Magisterius said:

I think a +7 backpack with brown rat would give more dps than excellion with 3 atk supp since Solar burst has 0.5 delay and the combo gives 20%  -acd, which would put solar burst delay at 0.4s, its barely noticeable unless you have a kiel card, in which case it'd be 0.25s delay.

In terms of dmg yes, you're right but I noticed that if I don't use excellion I can't chain it so fast so I feel like it's a must if one wants to play solar (maybe ping has a word in here? Mine fluctuates around 60-150ms).

12 hours ago, Renamed1 said:

save money to  get:

c.book(use +7+8 when you dont have money, buy +15 later on ) ,

then tempo dex boots + BM for moon build or tempo str boots+ hawk eye/LUK( HE better)  for solar build/ star build. then ridewood hat+incubus pet for leech, you will just not die , nor run out of sp.

these are the most important eqs to make SE functional, meaning you good to go . use hatred to farm or do instance boss.    make more improvements to  other eqs later when you have more funds.

thanks I am haveing major SP issues XD that will help. right now im not sure if i want to main star or sun build but im fairly sure i dislike Lunar might swap to it for leveling though will see.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Kevin Snowpaw said:

thanks I am haveing major SP issues XD that will help. right now im not sure if i want to main star or sun build but im fairly sure i dislike Lunar might swap to it for leveling though will see.

falling star has limited use. its mostly used with heat for instance boss. like in CC , Jitterbug or GMT

cc for example: you can use either solar or luna for the mob, and use falling star for boss( if you dont have mins).  when using solar burst to clear the mob , you have about 0.5 -1sec window that you have to take the hit. if the mob is too big and you got unlucky with leech procs, you will die. With full moon kick , its risk free. 

For Jitterbug , its the same , only the rick of been exposed to mob is higher.

the thing with SE as a class is that you dont have to fulling commit to certain build. all three have their expertise, and you can use the same gear for all three build , so its ez to save the build at skill manager and load the right one for different tasks. 

Edited by Renamed1