Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Fellming

Doubt in SE

Recommended Posts

Hi there. May some SE mains give me an advice? Is Star Emperor just plain weak atm or this class just need a lot of funds to function properly? I leveled RG, Rebellion and Warlock and they was MUCH stronger with the same gear I have on my Star Emperor atm. 

Maybe I'm doing something wrong with this class? I tried Solar Burst build until 130, and now switched to Full Moon Kick. It seems a bit better but still, I get out of SP pretty quicky. Same for HP,  mobs just rekt me and I forced to go to Kafra. AOE potential is non existent. I can do a lot more with my other classes with same level and gear (RG/Rebellion/GX/WL). 

Here is my equip, I'm making my way to Heroic Backpack atm, but really not sure anymore that this class worth my time and investment. And this is disappoint me because I really like conception of this class.

ds.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They're actually super strong. Not many naked chars can do decent damage like a SE.

This is what I share with friends when they ask about SE to make them understand that you need to understand how it works before saying that it sucks.

unknown.png

120 str/90 agi/75 vit/3 int/100dex/100 luk build (or something like that)

 

They can be played with minimal gears as long as you understand how their buffs and skills work (yes, it asks you to read a bit, but don't expect miracles, you still need gears to make damage happening (yes, it's a very lame and bad pun)) using moon and sun builds (stellar depends a lot on gears unless you've a minstrel to give you sinx song all the time (btw, getting 193 aspd on a SE isn't even that hard, just a bit expensive)).

 

Here are some examples:

A party of a decent size in bio5 makes a geared SE do solar burst of > 1M and be a very strong dps.
A SE without a weapon but with average gears in the other slots can solo GMT if you activate miracle in the first rounds.

 

Colours has a very good and complete guide that maybe can help you a bit to understand the class: https://www.novaragnarok.com/wiki/Colours'_Guide_To_Star_Emperor

Edited by TunaDeck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

>Gear dependent

You can solo a bunch of instances with just a Book [3] that has a hunter fly card and an incubus pet, with not the optimal solo build. I'd say SE is the least gear dependet DPS class for PvM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

30 minutes ago, TunaDeck said:

They're actually super strong. Not many naked chars can do decent damage like a SE.

This is what I share with friends when they ask about SE to make them understand that you need to understand how it works before saying that it sucks.

unknown.png

120 str/90 agi/75 vit/3 int/100dex/100 luk build (or something like that)

 

They can be played with minimal gears as long as you understand how their buffs and skills work (yes, it asks you to read a bit, but don't expect miracles, you still need gears to make damage happening (yes, it's a very lame and bad pun)) using moon and sun builds (stellar depends a lot on gears unless you've a minstrel to give you sinx song all the time (btw, getting 193 aspd on a SE isn't even that hard, just a bit expensive)).

 

Here are some examples:

A party of a decent size in bio5 makes a geared SE do solar burst of > 1M and be a very strong dps.
A SE without a weapon but with average gears in the other slots can solo GMT if you activate miracle in the first rounds.

 

Colours has a very good and complete guide that maybe can help you a bit to understand the class: https://www.novaragnarok.com/wiki/Colours'_Guide_To_Star_Emperor

I know how every spell works, and i followed guide you linked, tried Solar and Moon, last one works better so far for solo leveling as I said. And I dont ask what this class can do in party at max level, I have no doubt in that. What I'm saying that it's really hard to level up and kill mobs of your own level (yeah i know about grumps). He is okay damage wise, but i need to go back to kafta to heal up like A LOT. (Talking about solo leveling)

27 minutes ago, Dyfer said:

 

>Gear dependent

You can solo a bunch of instances with just a Book [3] that has a hunter fly card and an incubus pet, with not the optimal solo build. I'd say SE is the least gear dependet DPS class for PvM.

Yeah this dummy punching looks really cool and all, but don't forget that if you try to group regular mobs solo like this, and push them around, you would die realy quick/waste time. 

 

Anyway guys, thanks for advices. I think I just need to wait until 175 and get some gear. I was just really frustrated that I can't do solo stuff with this class that I can do with other classes.

Edited by Fellming

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Fellming said:

Yeah this dummy punching looks really cool and all, but don't forget that if you try to group regular mobs solo like this, and push them around, you would die realy quick/waste time. 

 

Anyway guys, thanks for advices. I think I just need to wait until 175 and get some gear. I was just really frustrated that I can't do solo stuff with this class that I can do with other classes.

The dummy has almost the exact stats of Fenrir, it's supposed to show what SE can do to a boss. Obviusly while you're killing regular mobs you don't have heat active, it's not the major part of the damage anyways. The Moon kick line is much better for that and the stellar line is much better for solo MvP killing. Either way you can still do a lot of stuff with very minimal gear.

Edited by Dyfer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had no issues with Rideword and Incubus. Mob a few and use the sun combo, full hp/sp almost all the time.

I also hope you know that Kihop helps with the damage so 12/12 parties help to maximize the damage.

 

I level'd mine SE almost full naked in the 115+ gramps in a 12/12 party, it was pretty much one-shot everything with the sun combo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...