Sign in to follow this  
weremage

Movement Skills in BG/WoE

On 2/4/2019 at 1:17 AM, StrayCat said:

Enable all movement skills or no movement skills at all!

^

Or either crazy dance fiesta for everyone, or either walking balance for everyone. No special treatement for some jobs over others.

That's my actual point of view about this topic.

~.[ Compilation of the Stories and Legends of all the MVP <---- Click Here ].~

image.png.3fea3c7b5f482e9b35aa6fe449773a53.pngimage.png.9208cb6e48703ba902c4b619bb631782.pngimage.png.aa72706cc048f0282855a3da1c7fa7ea.png

Honestly speaking, if our only options are:

1. Enable all movement skills.
  2. Disable all movement skills.

Then I'll take #2 any day.

I've seen how stupid a BG filled with backsliding chasers and snapping suras is and I really don't want to play that ever again.

Rather than simply going the extreme route and enabling/disabling all movement skills, what if we gave every movement skill an individual cooldown? (let's say... 5seconds or so?)

Sure, that's super custom but as everyone here knows, our BG/WoE is already super custom so I don't feel that custom change would be too out of place honestly.

Snap goh its actually stupid, broken, op how u want to call it, everyone know that, but snap for CC on woe its actually a thing, its meta u need it to make plays.. for much i hate snap on suras i think if u remove it from bg/woe i can bet everyone its gonna remove suras from they roster, i want to see a sura trying to CC or use goh with low hp for max ur damage with that juicy 7 range. Why is so much work or idk make and see wich classes need theyr movement skill and wich dont need it because is just broken. 

19 minutes ago, notguata said:

Snap goh its actually stupid, broken, op how u want to call it, everyone know that, but snap for CC on woe its actually a thing, its meta u need it to make plays.. 

While i actually agree on what you say, I think Snaping Suras wouldn't be considered so broken if everyone had enabled their movement skills. Overpower for everyone means no overpower at all. So, as i see it, we have 3 possible reasonable moves:

1.- Enabling all movements skill for everyone. This including Cat's Lope, GX's Backslide, and also RK's Charge Attack. It would be fair for everyone, since no only Suras would have insane movement advantage.

2.- The other choice I find reasonable would be disabling everything for everyone on BG, a place where Snap and other stuff are considered OP, and allowing snap "ONLY ON WOE", where Suras necessary for CC.

3.- And finally, Hiromaru's porposal doesn't sound bad at all. Adding a custom cooldown for some specific movements that actually doesn't have any drawback, that would be a nice choice to balance them.

~.[ Compilation of the Stories and Legends of all the MVP <---- Click Here ].~

image.png.3fea3c7b5f482e9b35aa6fe449773a53.pngimage.png.9208cb6e48703ba902c4b619bb631782.pngimage.png.aa72706cc048f0282855a3da1c7fa7ea.png

well since ppl already mention about snap...and dont forget about mecha sliding skill and rebel fallen angel too ^_^

ScreenCapture_2015_05_30_01_06_36a.jpg.0ecb678bc8c9c39cd2528305adcbecb8.jpg

Id prefer BG to stay in line with Woe balancing since the teams are usually 15vs15+ during Happy Hour.  Just my opinion.

Edited by Kemono

Sura snap been enabled for soo long while most other movement skills been disabled, thats one of the main reasons people dont even try BG, is just a snap/goh meta most of the time.

the idea of the cooldown for every movement skills seems fair to me.

Lately the suras can get the first/second stone in conquest with snap before the defend team can arrive to those, clearly broken, also when its 7v1(example) and the sura keep snapping all the day and the other team has no way to catch him.

8 hours ago, Kemono said:

Id prefer BG to stay in line with Woe balancing since the teams are usually 15vs15+ during Happy Hour.  Just my opinion.

That argument would make more sense if people were actually as coordinated in BG but they, unfortunately, are not.

While coordinated WoE guilds can make good calls, have a proper roster and are able to react to different threats, in BG it's a totally different situation as there are so many people which are simply new to PvP in general, not knowing their skills and not even knowing the consumables they can use. A Sura in WoE has way less impact than one in BG.

The different levels of players require a different set of mechanics and rules to play with as the lack of communication and basic knowledge of the game often, if not always, makes BG a totally different PvP environment compared to WoE.

Edited by Ariasmen

R5B269f.png

1728757946_onlyifweak.png.7643616cf871fba674697b8f7c75c638.png

22 hours ago, Zento said:

Sura snap been enabled for soo long while most other movement skills been disabled, thats one of the main reasons people dont even try BG, is just a snap/goh meta most of the time.

the idea of the cooldown for every movement skills seems fair to me.

Lately the suras can get the first/second stone in conquest with snap before the defend team can arrive to those, clearly broken, also when its 7v1(example) and the sura keep snapping all the day and the other team has no way to catch him.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....i remember that time in conquest...the game just started and boom 2 guardian stone already broken...my reaction like what the hell???? none of my team had a chance to get to the guardian stone spot....and yes during kvm most of the time when 1 sura left they always snapping around the map and dont even have intention to kill the enemy...its pretty much waste the BG happy hour time...

ScreenCapture_2015_05_30_01_06_36a.jpg.0ecb678bc8c9c39cd2528305adcbecb8.jpg