Sign in to follow this  
Enya

Disable Saturday Night Fever in BG

I saw minstrels using it whitout having another performers on their screen. It also shouldn't block the usage of  skills, only itens, so dispell, clearance or another chorus skills can remove it. I totally agree to remove it or fix it, at least.

Edited by Sick

Yeah, if the bugs on the skill get fixed already it will improve a lot!

Happened more than once being stuck on the next bg round because you sat down from that song and can't get up even with @refresh, etc.

BIRL

Other than the skill being buggy, Saturday Fever is fine. It's not even strong, it has chance of failure and removable by dispell/clearance/ group b. Please learn the skill before complaining.

Sure it might be much more reasonable to deal with if it's fixed, but right now it's too buggy to play against and I think it's best to disable it until it's fully fixed at least.

the skill being buggy is the reason because we are complaining. Also, the fact of a skill has a chance to failure and can be removed is not a argument to say it is not strong.

Thanks for saying that the skill is strong. Then the skill does have a purpose other than just wasting everyone's freedom. And there is proper counter play against it.

Instead of asking to disable it completely, why not just ask to fix it?

First you said it's not a strong skill, now you say it is. I don't know what's your stance. If it's a strong skill, does that mean you agree there is merit to ask for it to be disabled?

- Vacuum was disabled because the proper counter play was too demanding for the environment of BG, and I could say the same about this skill. Your support class must be off-screen to clear you, and if they are off-screen, how do they even properly support you in every other situation? Again it might have application in coordinated play in WoE, but in BG, that's a bit unreasonable.

- Although it's similar to crystalize, crystalize can be cleared with AoE skills while this status cannot. Expecting individual clear of everyone in a wider area when there is no party list to use in BG is another layer of challenge that you do not have to deal with in WoE.

- Even after you dispell/clear them, they are still forced to sit for 3 seconds.

- I said it's waste of freedom because freedom is the only reliable way for you to get rid of this status right now, and even with freedom, you are still forced to sit for 3 seconds. 

It being buggy right now makes it an extra annoying skill to deal with. But even in its intended state, I'm not too optimistic about the way it functions. I said I would try only because I don't have any grounds to say anything until I've properly tried it. 

For the record I already reported the bug in bug tracker, but I have no idea how long it will take for it to be fixed because I don't know how easy/hard it is to fix this bug, and I think BG is too much cancer with this skill being active in its current buggy state.

I say it wasn't a strong skill to bait y'all to saying it is. So thanks for that.

-Vacuum is the only niche case of being a disabled skill, and I personally think it should be enabled again now that Crazy Weed removes its effect. I figured since you play AB you should know how to position far enough to not get debuffed while still being effective, but I guess not.
- Saturday Night Fever can be AoE cleared by Group B Song like Circle of Nature so :/
- Not sure what's being said about sitting for 3 seconds :/
- You know what else is the only reliable way to cure masq, howl, and stasis? You guessed it, complaining to remove the skill.