Sign in to follow this  
Enya

Disable Saturday Night Fever in BG

I don't see how attacking me personally and being condescending on a suggestion thread like this makes your statements any more credible.

AB is mostly required for buffs, lauda and pneuma. Out of these, pneuma has the shortest cast range of 9 cells. If a minstrel is diving your stack to cast a 15x15 AoE and you are a good support AB, you will be within range or your pneuma is not reaching your front line. You also played AB quite frequently and I don't need to tell you how unnecessary and untruthful your thinly veiled insults are.

Minstrel needs to be in the stack to give songs to your stack. A minstrel standing behind the stack isn't doing anything for your team at all. Are you really expecting them to be hanging all the way outside of screen just so they can wait for that one saturday night fever to connect so they can cancel it with circle of nature? In BG nonetheless too?

Sorcerer has front line roles and will most likely be in range of the skill especially if the minstrel is diving the stack, as they have been when they wanted to use saturday night fever.

So tell me under which realistic scenario do you expect your listed support classes to be in a position where they will be outside of the skill range to effectively cancel the skill on your stack? 

Masq can be resisted and it's a single target skill. Howl can be resisted and has an AoE recovery. Stasis can be cured by each and every person on their own using iara carded accessory. They are not on par with Saturday Night Fever and you know it.

https://gyazo.com/6820ac15e44bf69037c5de860e59481b

removing the skill (through dispell and other means) does indeed force the sit right away, so its not a bug

I also tested whether skills are usable or not during the buff/debuff and they indeed are

Furthermore, chat should be usable.

I'll make some bug reports regarding the latter 2 in a bit with proof of course because otherwise, the highly intelligent part of the community will ask for it as I would greatly benefit from the skills being changed that way in a personal way*

Edited by Ariasmen

R5B269f.png

Setting aside the arguments about the effects of the skill and if it should be enabled or disabled, can we at the least disable it to affect players beyond the playing ground (safe area) as it is used to troll/bm players?

Edited by Genesis

Problem is that when u start the next round, u are sitting and u cant stand up, so its bugged indeed. people get kicked afk because they cant do shiz.

Also that you get hit by it when you are in the safe zone, at least in KVM happens a lot.

With how inconsistent bg activity and class balance is, I believe Saturday Night Fever can be unhealthy to bg and it'd be reasonable to disable it. Same goes for Vacuum. It is very common to not have "x" class playing, or if there is, it's a very limited number and many times one team gets all of it. Relying on your team to remove such disable (and Vacuum) is really bad, as even if there was decent class balance, people don't always play as a group. It could take a really long time for someone to clear a vacuum (or even worse, no one to clear it).
Saturday Night Fever is the only skill that punishes you for using freedom.

5 hours ago, Zento said:

Problem is that when u start the next round, u are sitting and u cant stand up, so its bugged indeed. people get kicked afk because they cant do shiz.

Also that you get hit by it when you are in the safe zone, at least in KVM happens a lot.

yeap...even tho u trying to stand up back nothing happen unlike in that clip that ariasmen post that after the mins getting dispell...mins sitting down and can stand up back with no problem...but in bg we cant so we have to logged out and get the *DESERTED* effect...

Edited by kizzy

1.JPG.fab45744fe3c319d73dfaece1dc8e2a1.JPG

3 hours ago, Caaduzin said:

Saturday Night Fever is the only skill that punishes you for using freedom.

3 hours ago, Caaduzin said:

With how inconsistent bg activity and class balance is, I believe Saturday Night Fever can be unhealthy to bg and it'd be reasonable to disable it.

what about, weakness, igno, full strip? or any debuff status ? we should disable it bc class balance dosnt exit in bg? i remember me complain about getting fullstrip 24/7 bc no one play gene in that time, so its better if we remove that skill ? ok dude. 

remove Crystallization, bc i got it so many times in bg and i need to use freedom. lol

don't remove it, just fix it.

Edited by notguata

I'm sorry for attacking you, I was just teasing you because I kind of like you, don't take it too harshly I'll stop.
Pneuma has 9 cell range, and Fever has 15x15 range, which is 7 range, which is less than Pneuma. 
Just like Minstrel and Sorcerer have frontline duties, they also have backline duties. 
I guess it's your opinion that you think Fever is better than Howl, Stasis, Masq, and every other status.
If you really want to get into it, Howling and Fever have the same range, and we're good enough to dodge that. The game play of Fever is also similar to Stasis, where they try to suicide inside to get a big Stasis off. It's high risk, high reward and if he fails, their team just lost an important minstrel. 

30 minutes ago, Suroku said:

I'm sorry for attacking you, I was just teasing you because I kind of like you, don't take it too harshly I'll stop.
Pneuma has 9 cell range, and Fever has 15x15 range, which is 7 range, which is less than Pneuma. 
Just like Minstrel and Sorcerer have frontline duties, they also have backline duties. 
I guess it's your opinion that you think Fever is better than Howl, Stasis, Masq, and every other status.
If you really want to get into it, Howling and Fever have the same range, and we're good enough to dodge that. The game play of Fever is also similar to Stasis, where they try to suicide inside to get a big Stasis off. It's high risk, high reward and if he fails, their team just lost an important minstrel. 

Hi. I don't get why are you complaining. You said it's buggy, right?

So, buggy as it is, the regular conduct should be removing it "by now", as long as its bugged and causing irregular issues as people permanently sitted until the end of a game (which is a very severe bug indeed).

What happens next must be discussed when it's repaired, there's no point on doing it right now. So, in my opinion, the right procedure  should be

1.- removing it now that is buggy.

2.- patiently wait for GMs to repair the bug.

3.- once its repaired, introduce it again and test it with it's right behavior, so we can see if it still that harmful with no bug at all.

4.- only then, discuss about if still removing it or not.

~.[ For Honor, Justice and Loyaly ].~

"The invariable mark of wisdom is to see the miraculous in the common" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Wisdom if often nearer when we stop than when we soar" - William Wordsworth

Compilation of the Stories and Legends of all the MVP <--- Click Here.