Sign in to follow this  
Nybor

What is next for my SE?

Hello guys.

I started playing about 40 days ago and I have manage to farm quite a bit and geared up my Star Emperor.

I would like to say that I have very little knowledge of the game though, so I am asking advice from more experience players. I mostly just do PvM.

Below are my gear and stats without buff. Just the universe stance which I will be using the most.

SE.PNG.36652e5ecd7aabb8f3a071fade0d80c1.PNG

Rideword Hat (Dark Pinguicula)

Sigrun's Wing

Blood Sucker

+7 Excellion Suit STR/ATK/ATK/

+15 Crimson Bible (White Knight / Hunter Fly)

Cursed Knight Shield (Khalitzburg Knight)

+9 Heroic Backpack (Brown Rat)

+6 Temporal Boots STR ASPD4/Lucky Day (Ifodes)

Physical Enhancer Ring (ASPD 5% / SP 1%) (Revolver Buffalo Bandit)

Physical Enhancer Ring (ASPD 5% / Reduce Variable Time 7%) (Shotgun Buffalo Bandit)

Incubus Pet

Future Goals:

White Drooping Eddga +7

Physical Enhancer Ring (ASPD 5% / ASPD 5%) x 2

Should I change anything for my future goals or current build? Please let me know what you think. Thanks!

3 hours ago, StrayCat said:

Mostly go for vicious mind book and you can update/roll to a better PER enchants.

I see colours on BG and looks like he stacks on acd for solar builds. You can just straight up go on his guide to check what to expect for gearing.

https://www.novaragnarok.com/wiki/Colours'_Guide_To_Star_Emperor

Hey StrayCat, thanks for the guide link.

This would be a costly transition from Starfall build to Solar Burst build, but overtime I will end up doing it because I think Solar Burst is more reliable than Starfall.

Posted (edited)

Star builds rely on ATK and ASPD items, which it looks like you have invested in so far. Here is something to keep in mind about White Drooping Eddga: While the attack bonus greatly improves your dps, that rideword hat is still the best imo. It's my default headgear. I simply cannot go without the leech it provides. Coupled with an Incubus/Succubus pet, it keeps the HP/SP full. You can swap between headgears if you like, but depending on the mvp/mobs sometimes that rideword is the difference from near death.

Here's what I think you should aim to upgrade to:

Dual 5% ASPD PERs

Fay Kanavian Card for your Temps

Succubus Pet

+7~9 Abusive/Valk Mant combo

Fay Kanavian is totally optional/personal preference, but it procs all the time and adds extra def to tank the mobs you are attacking. It's costly tho, so only invest in it if you have money to spare. Definitely get a succubus pet. Comboing Succubus and rideword is awesome to keep the HP and SP up. Abusive Robe and Valk Mant combo will help eat through Demon, Demi-Human and Undead DEF which will increase your DPS, but you'll need to supplement the ASPD you lose from swapping from an HPB to Valk Mant. Unfortunately, there isn't more to aim for until new content is released. Illusion OS items are your next armor upgrades, but it's unknown how long that will take to reach Nova.

Optionally, you can attempt to craft the Illusion Book of Apocalypse, but it's nearly impossible to get a single +0  in a reasonable time frame as you need 10 well-dried clover from the bosses in illusion of vampire that spawn depending on how many global quests have been completed.

Solar builds need ACD redux. Unfortunately, You need to invest in ACD gears to get the most dps out of it. One of the biggest drawbacks to Solar dps is SP drain as well. Even with Rideword and an Incubus/Succubus pet you heavily drain SP. I personally only prefer Solar Burst for PvP. It's simply devastating to the right classes and allows you to be different from the Nova Explosion pack.

Edited by Colours

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Colours said:

Star builds rely on ATK and ASPD items, which it looks like you have invested in so far. Here is something to keep in mind about White Drooping Eddga: While the attack bonus greatly improves your dps, that rideword hat is still the best imo. It's my default headgear. I simply cannot go without the leech it provides. Coupled with an Incubus/Succubus pet, it keeps the HP/SP full. You can swap between headgears if you like, but depending on the mvp/mobs sometimes that rideword is the difference from near death.

Here's what I think you should aim to upgrade to:

Dual 5% ASPD PERs

Fay Kanavian Card for your Temps

Succubus Pet

+7~9 Abusive/Valk Mant combo

Fay Kanavian is totally optional/personal preference, but it procs all the time and adds extra def to tank the mobs you are attacking. It's costly tho, so only invest in it if you have money to spare. Definitely get a succubus pet. Comboing Succubus and rideword is awesome to keep the HP and SP up. Abusive Robe and Valk Mant combo will help eat through Demon, Demi-Human and Undead DEF which will increase your DPS, but you'll need to supplement the ASPD you lose from swapping from an HPB to Valk Mant. Unfortunately, there isn't more to aim for until new content is released. Illusion OS items are your next armor upgrades, but it's unknown how long that will take to reach Nova.

Optionally, you can attempt to craft the Illusion Book of Apocalypse, but it's nearly impossible to get a single +0  in a reasonable time frame as you need 10 well-dried clover from the bosses in illusion of vampire that spawn depending on how many global quests have been completed.

Solar builds need ACD redux. Unfortunately, You need to invest in ACD gears to get the most dps out of it. One of the biggest drawbacks to Solar dps is SP drain as well. Even with Rideword and an Incubus/Succubus pet you heavily drain SP. I personally only prefer Solar Burst for PvP. It's simply devastating to the right classes and allows you to be different from the Nova Explosion pack.

Hey Colours, 

Thanks for that detailed post! 

I just got my first dual 5% aspd ring and it seems I will need another one  and with the monster hunter agi set to get 193 with celermine juice, guarana candy, and berzerk potion. 

I will test succubus pet to see to see if it fits my playstyle but it totatlly makes sense over incubus pet. I cannot leech sp anymore once I am dead so staying alive should be priority. 

Can SE use valkyrian Manteu? It says that it can be used by all trancendant job but SE isnt trancendant. I dont have the item to test this out but I will get it. 

Also, I am having a very hard time defeating MvP with agi up like venomous chimera or osiris. How would you gear up against them. Is well chewed pencil even enough with 100 dex?

Edited by Nybor

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Nybor said:

Hey Colours, 

Thanks for that detailed post! 

I just got my first dual 5% aspd ring and it seems I will need another one  and with the monster hunter agi set to get 193 with celermine juice, guarana candy, and berzerk potion. 

I will test succubus pet to see to see if it fits my playstyle but it totatlly makes sense over incubus pet. I cannot leech sp anymore once I am dead so staying alive should be priority. 

Can SE use valkyrian Manteu? It says that it can be used by all trancendant job but SE isnt trancendant. I dont have the item to test this out but I will get it. 

Also, I am having a very hard time defeating MvP with agi up like venomous chimera or osiris. How would you gear up against them. Is well chewed pencil even enough with 100 dex?

SE is able to equip Valk Mant, I can vouch for this. Nova allowed 3rd jobs to equip any transcendant gears listed as able to be equipped by "All/2nd Transcendant" jobs. Class specific trans gears are still not universal to 3rd jobs (ie Diabolus Robe, etc). 

MvPs that use AGI UP will continue to be a threat. You will need to opt for CRIT gears for specific MvPs that use it. Lucky Day procs will certainly help, but you need to land a hit first. Investment in alternate Temp bootss might help and a change to your buildset to match a CRIT stellar build is recommended.

Edited by Colours

5 minutes ago, Colours said:

SE is able to equip Valk Mant, I can vouch for this. Nova allowed 3rd jobs to equip any transcendant gears listed as able to be equipped by "All/2nd Transcendant" jobs. Class specific trans gears are still not universal to 3rd jobs (ie Diabolus Robe, etc). 

MvPs that use AGI UP will continue to be a threat. You will need to opt for CRIT gears for specific MvPs that use it. Lucky Day procs will certainly help, but you need to land a hit first. Investment in alternate Temp bootss might help and a change to your buildset to match a CRIT stellar build is recommended.

You are awesome Colours! Thanks. I will work on getting my Abusive Robe +7. I will probably enchant it with Agi Agi because I will lose a lot of attack speed.

Just now, Nybor said:

You are awesome Colours! Thanks. I will work on getting my Abusive Robe +7. I will probably enchant it with Agi Agi because I will lose a lot of attack speed.

Np duder. You def lose some ASPD moving to an Abusive Robe, so AGI will help. DEX/LUK are useful for wrath damage, so if you are able to get that ASPD elsewhere, keep that in mind (don't sacrifice ASPD in your headgear tho, that rideword is important). Vanberk in a mid headgear item can help increase CRIT. That new Ominous Assaulter card might also be a good option for CRIT based builds, I plan  to test that soon.

6 hours ago, Colours said:

Np duder. You def lose some ASPD moving to an Abusive Robe, so AGI will help. DEX/LUK are useful for wrath damage, so if you are able to get that ASPD elsewhere, keep that in mind (don't sacrifice ASPD in your headgear tho, that rideword is important). Vanberk in a mid headgear item can help increase CRIT. That new Ominous Assaulter card might also be a good option for CRIT based builds, I plan  to test that soon.

Hey Colours, how should I go about farming Monster Hunter? I know I have to go with a party because I cant solo them. Is SE even useful at MH or should I use a different class to farm MH items. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Nybor said:

Hey Colours, how should I go about farming Monster Hunter? I know I have to go with a party because I cant solo them. Is SE even useful at MH or should I use a different class to farm MH items. 

SE can solo Boitata fairly easily and quickly. Use a stars build with a Succubus Pet and Rideword hat, mark the instance map (you have to reset the map EVERY time you join the instance) and mark boitata. Use Heat, Falling Star and the right element (Shadow) and boitata goes down quick. At about halfway through its HP (i think) boitata will use earth quake, quickly use running to run out of the aoe to avoid getting hit when you see a cast bar above boitata, then go back and finish it off. Make sure to keep your HP full using Mega Potions, Boitata can wipe you if you are at 3/4 health or lower. I would not pay the cats npcs for extra drops until you've mastered how to kill boitata without dying.

If you want to farm the AGI ASPD Shadow gear, you can also solo Duneyrr, but its rather annoying due to his Dispell and AGI UP. I recommend using a different class for Duneyrr and just tag along your SE to get drops or party up with some peeps with your SE to make your life easier.

Domovoi and the tendrillions are kinda annoying too, I wouldn't bother with them, unless you need those shadow sets as Boitata is the fastest you can kill to maximize kills per hour during Monster hunter happy hour.

I don't think i've ever hunted The Frost Troll. From the looks of it, it looks like you can solo it, but it has no elemental weakness.

Edited by Colours