Cheap AB gear for Bio 5

Ian Castelane

Heya, brothers and sisters. I do not post here so often, but i have some free time and decided to bring a quick guide to people who wants to play with Arch Bishop at Bio 5 without spending millions of zenys. I started playing with the class recently and the process of discovering it was very fun and i'm sharing what i've learned, it might help who's starting too.

So, the main goal with this build is: to cost less zeny as possible and be effective to play not only Bio 5, but some other content you desire to.  The gears and cards also are focused on two main goals: fast casting and immunity/resistance against status such as sleep, stone curse, froze and bleeding. I'll put more than one option for some parts of the set, but you are free to choose what fits more your playing style.

[TOP HEADGEAR]

+7 Spell Circuit [1] (-10% in variable cast time, VERY HELPFUL)

+6 Chibi Pope [1] (Heal bonus)

+6 Heart Wing Headband [1] (-11% ACD)

"Hey, it didn't supposed to be cheap?" Yes! That's why you can go for EVT versions, buyable for Weekly Coins, reward for some of the Weekly Missions. If you do not have access to them, you can just go with any slotted headgear (even Mitra [1] it's enough).

Card:  Nightmare card (Sleep immunity).

[ARMOR]

Diabolus Robe [1]

Illusion Puente Robe [1]

Puente Robe [1]

Card: Marc card (immunity to Frozen).

[SHIELD]

Bible of Promise Vol. 2 [1] (The best option, you can use Odin Lv. 2, providing +100 atk to your party friends)

Card: Medusa card (immunity to Stone Curse)

[ROD]

Vicious Mind Rod enchanted with 15%~20% variable casting time reduction

Card: Essence of Evil DEX 3 (this one can be a little bit expensive, so you can go with anything that provides you INT or DEX here).

[BOOTS]

Temporal Boots of Dexterity [1] with Spell 5

Card: Coyote card.

"Hey, it's 12% less hp and 6% less sp!". Yes, but it's not like you going to tank bio 5 mobs like a boss if you have  that hp bonus! :v Phen card might be the first option when you consider having uninterrupted cast, but the +20% in your variable casting time will hurt a lot your skill spamming and your Redemptio cast. Believe me, you want to cast this as fast as possible when Sorin come with her freaky Max Pain :th_e32:

[GARMENT]

Manteau of Airship [1] (Increases resistance against Neutral element attacks by 10%, Flee +20, Reduction in variable cast by 20% and costs like... 50k? PERFECTION!)

Card: Raydric card.

[ACCESSORIES]

Right: Light of Cure with DEX 1 or 2 and Cure Lv. 1 (very necessary for Highness Heal spamming)

Left: Illusion Booster L or Illusion Battle Chip L (2x SP Recovery modules, 1x Spell 5 module)

Card: Zerom card.

[MID AND LOWER HEADGEAR]

I let those for you to choose. :b If you can afford a mid slotted headgear,  an Ungoliant card might come in handy, but if you want to go CHEAP, you can just carry some of this Cure Free against Bleeding status (which stop your natural HP and SP recovery, that's BAD inside Bio 5, where you gonna spam a lot of skills and a lot of SP).

THAT'S IT!

I know you as AB might prefer to go with different stuff, as i said, each player have it's own playing style, but i think it might be very helpful to have something to start from. I hope it works for you (as it worked very well for me :v).

Cheers. /gawi

Stacking both VCT% and stat VCT is a waste, they are not additive to each other. You want to stack in either route, not both. Running dex boots means you need at least 120 dex, and you naturally need high int for heals, so you should already be very close to stat instant cast (dex*2 + int = 530). VCT% only reduces the remaining part of your VCT, meaning your entire gear set probably gives you negligible amount of cast time reduction.

If you want to run VCT gears on ab, run illusion leg-b with FCT enchant instead. That way you are not locked in by 120 dex and VCT% actually benefits you.

If you want to have vct% for the sole purpose of casting redemptio, have it on gear swap and don't default it. Your current build has almost no damage reduction which means anything that looks your way in bio5 will kill you, and a dead priest is a useless priest (same applies to any other instances really). Default resist gears and swap to vct gears only to cast redemptio, and you will have a much better time supporting your party.

As for some of the card choices:

You should easily have enough agi (100 total agi) for sleep and bleed immunity. Even if you don't, you can cure bleed on yourself with offertorium.

9 hours ago, Enya said:

Stacking both VCT% and stat VCT is a waste, they are not additive to each other. You want to stack in either route, not both. Running dex boots means you need at least 120 dex, and you naturally need high int for heals, so you should already be very close to stat instant cast (dex*2 + int = 530). VCT% only reduces the remaining part of your VCT, meaning your entire gear set probably gives you negligible amount of cast time reduction.

If you want to run VCT gears on ab, run illusion leg-b with FCT enchant instead. That way you are not locked in by 120 dex and VCT% actually benefits you.

If you want to have vct% for the sole purpose of casting redemptio, have it on gear swap and don't default it. Your current build has almost no damage reduction which means anything that looks your way in bio5 will kill you, and a dead priest is a useless priest (same applies to any other instances really). Default resist gears and swap to vct gears only to cast redemptio, and you will have a much better time supporting your party.

As for some of the card choices:

You should easily have enough agi (100 total agi) for sleep and bleed immunity. Even if you don't, you can cure bleed on yourself with offertorium.

You missed the whole point. Totally.

You're talking about "swap gears", Illusion Leg, when the point is that i'm giving an set that can cost the less zeny as possible and people can use to play effectively at Bio 5 like i did. We're not talking about players that will have money to buy two different sets and swap as they want, the post is directed mostly to newbies who have an certain amount to spend with their ABs and gonna want to have enough to play Bio 5 and other content. Indeed, they will need at least 120 dex and high int, but when it comes to casting and spamming skills, i tested with 125 dex and 120 int and the casting time and spamming was not even close to what Ab's with ME do in Bio 5, so stacking VCT% reduced the difference a lot, to the point that with the set i've made i could reach casting time close to an AB with ME 3 (i tested it).

So, that's the reason why i don't like posting shit to these places, someone will always try to point random flaws instead of praise the initiative, so it makes me think that not worth waste my time trying to contribute with the community, even though i think this post specifically might have helped someone, but the only person that appeared decide to criticize.

You might say it's a lot of drama, but you totally overlooked that stack agi to avoid sleep in Bio 5 is a completely waste, when you can just have a card that gives you immunity and goes on top or mid headgear, letting space to everything else that's necessary, while you can spend those points on something else like VIT or STR that will be way more useful. About Offertorium, it's not a skill that i spend points with, so each AB decides what to do in this specific case, i rather carry potion and spend points on more useful stuff. 

Agi is super useful stat for support class to have,

It can reduce the animation you have when casting skill too. investing around 70~80 agi for bleeding/sleep immunity is totally not a waste of stat.

Like enya said, VCT from stat and VCT% from gear wont stack so better to focus on 1 for reaching insta cast.

Asgard blessing for headgear might be better for the sweet all stat+2 and some resist, since you run 120 dex with temporal dex anyway.

1 hour ago, dell said:

Agi is super useful stat for support class to have,

It can reduce the animation you have when casting skill too. investing around 70~80 agi for bleeding/sleep immunity is totally not a waste of stat.

Like enya said, VCT from stat and VCT% from gear wont stack so better to focus on 1 for reaching insta cast.

Asgard blessing for headgear might be better for the sweet all stat+2 and some resist, since you run 120 dex with temporal dex anyway.

It's a waste when you don't have enough weight to carry your stuff, so why not use cards to get immunity and spend points on STR or VIT to gain more hp/resistance? That's the point,  doing that will allow you to carry extra weight without having to pay for Gym passes. I play with like 10 agi, aspd don't make a huge difference when you play with or without wandy (there's always a wandy in Bio 5 with Swing).

Asgard Blessing, average price = 25m. EVT hats = free. You guys are trying to make look like i'm trying to teach someone how to play ab or make them follow some strictly rules when i say multiple times in the post that everyone have it's own playing style and will choose to do different things from what i'm suggesting to. People with MONEY could easily choose to stack stats with +18 dex GSS, Magical Rosary in Mouth, Asgard Blessing and EOE DEX 3 in their slots, but that wouldn't be cheap anymore ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

About resistance, Ab is not on Bio 5 to tank, i'd rather cast fast redemptio having less hp than slow cast with more resistance. Also, KE, Assumptio, Safety Wall and Pneuma, when well used, will increase a lot survivability, so an AB that have a quick reaction will be able to ressu the whole party if he's playing behind or will die anyway if he playing front like it usually happens. But i shouldn't be explaining this to people who probably started playing in a different situation, i'm sharing my experience to help those who's starting and i know what i'm saying will probably work for them, cause it worked for me, don't matter what y'all say when my thesis has already been proven in practice.

20 hours ago, Ian Castelane said:

You missed the whole point. Totally.

You're talking about "swap gears", Illusion Leg, when the point is that i'm giving an set that can cost the less zeny as possible and people can use to play effectively at Bio 5 like i did. 

I think you are missing the point yourself. Any gear that doesn't benefit you is a waste of money no matter how cheap it is, and right now your gear set conflicts with your stat build. Even if it only costs 50k zeny, it's 50k zeny wasted. Suggesting both VCT gears and EOE dex means you wasted money in one of those, regardless of which.

Dex temporal boots with spell 5 enchant costs ~15m with a bad 4th enchant. Illusion leg B with fixed casting enchant costs 6m at +0, and 23m at +7 if you don't overpay.  And it frees up your stats.

21 hours ago, Ian Castelane said:

i tested with 125 dex and 120 int and the casting time and spamming was not even close to what Ab's with ME do in Bio 5, so stacking VCT% reduced the difference a lot, to the point that with the set i've made i could reach casting time close to an AB with ME 3 (i tested it).

ME gives you FCT reduction and has nothing to do with VCT reduction.

As i said, my thesis has been proven in practice, don't matter what you have to say about it. That's why i brought to other people, cause i'm sure It will benefit them, maybe you should do the same. I'm wondering what type of gear you would suggest for a newbie that appears at Bio 5 using an Morpheus set and Puente Robe. I doubt it would be so different from what i suggested above, but If you have something better you should come up with It and prove in practice your point, do something concrete for the others instead of trying prove yourself you're right (for pure self indulgence, typical for that Ragnarok players) by any cost with arguments that only see to work by being written down, while i confidently stand by my guide cause i tested it and proved to work in Bio 5. 

1 hour ago, Enya said:

ME gives you FCT reduction and has nothing to do with VCT reduction.

I didn't said that. Did i? 

Your set will never match an AB with ME3 because the -0.3s FCT is not reducible by any VCT% reduction. You will always be 0.3s slower than an AB with ME3 when all other gears are identical, or 0.15s slower if you factor in Sacrament. Sometimes the 0.15s may not matter, but comparing the 2 makes no sense.

As for writing my own guide, there are many guides out there with budget gear suggestions, each with their own flavour, just like yours. There is no need to be passive aggressive and guilt-tripping the people who are just trying to help you improve your ideas and/or your understanding of RO. I have not really criticized your guide, merely pointing out some mistakes that are pretty major to the integrity of your build. A cheap build shouldn't be the synonym to a low-quality build. You can still keep improving it within your budget. 

19 hours ago, Ian Castelane said:

I didn't said that. Did i? 

On 10/20/2019 at 3:06 PM, Ian Castelane said:

i tested with 125 dex and 120 int and the casting time and spamming was not even close to what Ab's with ME do in Bio 5, so stacking VCT% reduced the difference a lot, to the point that with the set i've made i could reach casting time close to an AB with ME 3

Pretty sure you did. You just compared Various Cast Time to Fixed Cast time reduction that ME3 provides in the message i quoted. 
can you please read your own messages before being aggressive? Thanks.

100?v=2282

aboutme.png

On 10/21/2019 at 9:01 AM, Enya said:

Your set will never match an AB with ME3 because the -0.3s FCT is not reducible by any VCT% reduction. You will always be 0.3s slower than an AB with ME3 when all other gears are identical, or 0.15s slower if you factor in Sacrament. Sometimes the 0.15s may not matter, but comparing the 2 makes no sense.

"I could reach casting time close to an AB with ME 3". That's what i said, i didn't said that i could totally match an AB with ME3 or that FCT could be reduced by VCT. See? You trying put words in my mouth, that's why i'm pissed. Get the whole set, change Spell Circuit and Old Mitra with ME 3 (cause that's what i did), cast something, the difference gets minimal at this point,  you can barely notice, but OF COURSE, VCT will not reduce FCT and an AB with ME will be superior in this case. My ME is at level 5 now, otherwise i could easily prove it, recording a video or something, but i'm so confident of what i'm saying that i don't need to, it's not like i could be dumb or a liar to come here and tell people to do something that i know that doesn't work.

On 10/21/2019 at 9:01 AM, Enya said:

A cheap build shouldn't be the synonym to a low-quality build.

But it's not, you're the one saying that.

6 hours ago, Mandie said:

Pretty sure you did. You just compared Various Cast Time to Fixed Cast time reduction that ME3 provides in the message i quoted. 
can you please read your own messages before being aggressive? Thanks.

No, i didn't (read above, but with attention this time). And i'm not being agressive, i just don't have patient with people that think they're too smart. And i  came up with this gear to help newbies, i don't want opinion of people who probably are at they end-game gears sitting at Prontera the whole  day, trying to disqualify my arguments when i'm the one who tested the whole thing and had the work of editing this whole post, with the purpose of helping those newbie AB's that come to Bio 5 and hear a lot of shit from people when they're not good or geared enough.

Archived