Sign in to follow this  
Ian Castelane

Cheap AB gear for Bio 5

I don't care if you want my opinion or not, nor do I care if you will ever learn from it. I'm providing my opinion here not for you, but for the other people who will be reading your guide so they don't make the same mistakes you made in this guide when they try to build their AB. 

You may continue to pat yourself on the back for an entire thread of ad hominem attacks. 

[edit]

I didn't want to show you up on your own guide, but since you insist that people here don't know how to build budget ABs, here's a quick one I put together based on yours:

Your build:

+7 spell circuit (evt) + nightmare: 1m

puente robe + marc: 7m

bible of promise + medusa: 10m

vm rod (20% vct) + eoe dex3: 10m

dex boots (spell5) + coyote: 17m

airship mant + raydric: 2.5m

light of cure + illusion booster (spell + sp recovery x2) = 8m

Total cost: 55.5m (assuming EVT headgears = free)
Net bonus: -70% vct, -0.5s fct, - 12% hp, - 6% sp, 30% neutral resist, sleep + stone immunity, 10% heal bonus, 20% sp recovery
Stat build: idk but apparently you struggle with weight and have no agi
Total gear weight: 237
Extra consumable weight: 5 x however many cure frees you carry

----

My modified build:

mitra[1]: free
orlean gown + marc: 8m
thana staff + sanare: 4m
cursed knight shield (evt) + medusa: 3m
GSS + raydric: 3.5m
Dex Temp (spell 5) + green ferus/matyr/gold acidus: 15m
Light of cure + illusion booster (spell + dex3 x2): 8m

swap: 

+7 spell circuit (evt)

cotton shirt: anything to swap off the orlean gown. cotton shirt is the cheapest/lightest
vm rod (20% acd): 1.5m
airship mant: 50k
bible of promise: 7m (odin only)

Total cost: 57m

Net bonus: -0.5s fct, +25% hp, +15% sp, 27% neutral resist, 7% all other resist, sleep + stone immunity, 17% heal bonus, 22% self-heal
On swap: -70% vct, -0.5s fct

Stat build: 120 dex/int, 100-110 vit, 7x agi, rest str

Total gear weight: 465

Total weight capacity: ~4.4k without gympass

This leaves you ~2.4k weight for consumables/drops before going to 70% overweight. That's 800 blue gems / holy waters, or 750 blue gems / holy waters and 5 ygg berries. Bio5 drops all have 0 weight except the cards, so you shouldn't have any issues with weight management.

You can swap out dex3 enchants for sp recovery enchants if you struggle with sp. I wouldn't recommend it, dex is important for cast time and you have better heal in this build, so you should struggle less with sp. You can also opt to go for asgard blessing, which gives 5% all resist and +2 all stats, for 22m more.

Edited by Enya

4 hours ago, Enya said:

but since you insist that people here don't know how to build budget ABs

Again, i didn't said that. That's the problem, you read what i say but give your own interpretation. 

I said multiple times that each player have it's own playing style and will choose to do different things from what i suggested, exactly like you just did. The budget would be pretty much the same depending on price variations, also, there's not big difference in having AGI to sleep resist or having Nightmare on the hat and make different points distribution. All depends on each player own style and opinion, that multiple, multiple times, i mention in my comments. Your eq build looks slightly different from mine, it's ok, but at the end of the day, with mine you can just hit Redemptio, while with yours, on swap, player will lost part of that HP bonus anyway and having to swap before casting Redemptio might cause a delayed reaction (can it happen? yeah, but maybe not? sure, depends on each player).

Illusion leg B with fixed casting enchant costs 6m at +0, and 23m at +7 if you don't overpay.  And it frees up your stats.

And it's funny cause first you suggested Illusion Leg and now came up with TB DEX enchanted with Spell and your stat build have 120 dex.

Also, personally, i wouldn't bother having heal bonus when 10k heal is mostly enough to heal the most vulnerable people in a bio 5 party (the dps and support people, cause they have small hp). And there's always two ab's, so... 

Comparing your stuff and mine, i don't see big difference, all will depends on each player style to make his own decisions (let me repeat this just one more time). 

22 minutes ago, Ara said:

Doesn't this build just kind of make you die, a ton.

Nope (seriously). I mean, If a Eremes sneak behind you and you don't SW quick, you will be dead for sure, but it actually doesn't happen often. And ofc, you need to have skill to increase your own survivability through AB skills and Golem from SR will help a lot. But notice that o started by saying that the focus is to have fast casting and status resist, eventually, it means you have to sacrifice something (some hp and physical resistance in this case).

I played a long time in Bio 5 and other instances with this build and worked really good to me. Then when i had money enough, changed some stuff, got a GSS with 14 dex and Special Vit to combo with TB and to keep casting and neutral resistance that i had with Airship, i started using Poison Breath. Then +7 Excellion with frozen and recovery, Gemini Red Eyes, Old Mitra with Gemini-s58... That's when it started to get expensive. 

Apparently nowadays bio5 ab is another name for redemptio bot. Sad days indeed. 

1 hour ago, Ian Castelane said:

Comparing your stuff and mine, i don't see big difference, all will depends on each player style to make his own decisions (let me repeat this just one more time). 

Your build: -12%hp, -6%sp, 10% heal

My build: +25%hp, +15%sp, 17% heal

Net difference: 37% hp, 21%sp, 7% heal

Safety wall durability scales with your max sp btw.

I don't want to bother explaining about illusion leg since your intention isn't to learn the real reason, but to pick faults at everything that disagrees with your specific opinion.

Edited by Enya

34 minutes ago, Enya said:

Apparently nowadays bio5 ab is another name for redemptio bot.

I'm glad you finally realized that.

Yeah, your build is different from mine (when you swap it becomes pretty much the same thing). As i said, and repeat, cause you apparently ignore everytime i say that, my build have specific goals (gosh, i wrote this in the beggining of this thing), it applies to a lot of situations in Bio 5 and the most important one probably is when everyone dies and you're the one who needs to get them back up. I barely see those thanky ab's (If we can call it like that) last enough to ress everyone with a slower redemptio. When they fail = wipe. When they do It quickly = they die, everyone else get back up and no wipe. Pretty simple, a situation that happens a lot.

34 minutes ago, Enya said:

I don't want to bother explaining about illusion leg since your intention isn't to learn the real reason, but to pick faults at everything that disagrees with your specific opinion.

That's kind of what you doing, cause you disagree with my build, but you have one that looks better to you, which is not a problem to me, cause i said (gosh i'll say that again) that everyone is free to do what they want. I'm just trying to set a base for people that don't know how Bio 5 works and it's mechanics, so they can have a better Idea and feel free to follow my guide or build something different over it that will work better for them.

And i'm done here, this discussion gone too far. 

Edited by Ian Castelane