Sign in to follow this  
Conga

Why is PvP so hard to get in to?

Thanks you so much  @Mandie but after being called "clown" for believing sura is OP and "retarded" for believing wls needed back their support powers, i don't think i'll be playing pvp in a while

yes i don't know much about pvp, maybe  i was just too ungeared, but it still frustrating that they took away all the utility i had

About commisioners, well I don't have discord and i didn't  know there was one where i could find commisioners. Wish there was more information for people to realize that all this media exist. Maybe that will help people that have doubts in the future

Matta ne~

@Conga My Suggestion: Dont play warlock in pvp,  for bg and woe its ok.

And i Agree with @Arwen Leticia

I used to play Warlock in pvp/bg and Woe. It was almost the reason I play Ro. Now i dont play warlock in pvp anymore because the  nerf or "change" (if u preffer) that was made for BG and WoE was applying in PVP, what is a totally different environment and that was a really huge mistake. But nobody do care about that and/or understand, not the commissioners, neither the staff. So literally u can't defend ur self playing warlock in pvp anymore unless u have a amazing gears with an amazing damage and when I say that im talking about MVPs.

I agree. The class balance is not good and is coming worst every day.

And about those people who just discourage you or insult you, just dont listen them and dont give up because of them. Find better pple who teach u, pple who help u. Believe me, not everyone is an asshole, there are nice pple even in PVP environment. 

Ragnarok Online is a  MMORPG, thats means is about to grind, farming items to make zeny and doing that a lot of time u will be getting stronger. So if u r new obviously u wont be able to fight an old player, or it will be hard. 

If u need any help send me a PM. 

Edited by AcidGirl

fancylittlenova.png

Lets go.. pvp, a hard subject to deal, and very delicated.

I am building a new character for PvP, its like 3 years that I not visit NovaRO pvp, so I know it will be hard and all... Let me share my experience:

I've started here soon after implementation of Temporal boots, it was a long time ago, I've build my RG with defensive/hybrid gears to play bg and get the basic for my shotgun rebel (the bg set gives like a kiel card for him and it was the perfect set to a shotgun user years ago). Everything fluid and nice, I was able to tank and disturb the enemies, break equips and even give angeling card effect to everyone around, and My rebel was able to one shot half of the opponents, then gears started to progress, faster than I could follow, my characters turned obsolete and  I back to pvm, trying to fit the new parameters, however, I had a very short time to deal with the game, and follow the progression seems impossible.

But in my "gold times" PvP was a strategy thing already, because you have to have in mind every situation possible and try to counter it, if you are not ready for something, you die... Like, have hiding and sight, speed pots, at least 2 elemental reductions in hand (it was before swap gear, imagine change armor, cape and hat in less than a second) and do you job, if you are a tank, hold the enemies, keep your enemies alive, if you are a dps, take down as many as possible before you die, and try to get the supports safe, if you are a support, stay out of the way and help your teamates, keep them alive and healed, or with the buffs up, or disable the right targets.

Well Now Nova is full of custom features, and some really bother me (specially the "resistance" to changes). I mean for temporary solutions they do work, but game keeps changing...

About my new character, its a uncommon choice, and tend to be more supportive,  but I'll try to do my best, You'll see.

4Signature3.png.a1b0253c3eedc526d2f51762ebea9135.png4

21 hours ago, AcidGirl said:

I used to play Warlock in pvp/bg and Woe. It was almost the reason I play Ro. Now i dont play warlock in pvp anymore because the  nerf or "change" (if u preffer) that was made for BG and WoE was applying in PVP, what is a totally different environment and that was a really huge mistake.

I feel you

The truth is that it is really hard to get into the PvP world. Gears keep changing, and the level of gears is also changing, to the point that we have been established that to be "decent" on the PvP scene you need to be "op". That's how it is. I don't think the standards are ever going down.

That said; there's still possibilities to start on that scene, for example, BG is free to join, however you want to join, of course being a decisive player on your team is really hard. After playing for years I'm not even decisive on BG.

Respecting the WoE scene, you can start building your own name on the "mid tier" guilds. Let me explain this; there are the strong guilds that really comply with the current "op" standards, thing that it's not to be judged, RO in 2019 has come to this. But there are those other guilds that group themselves to get the WoE rewards and keep developing themselves. Mostly they are known for "entrance campers", not that I support the idea of camping the entrance, but I support the idea of the not so op players grouping themselves and I hope it serves to them to keep developing and keep going better.

About the real PvP (referring to PvP rooms) It's completely useless now, such a waste of time to try to join the PvP scene if the pvp room is your main objective. I was the main PvPer on the server, living inside the room, but it's been a while since I finished doing that, and I have to say the pvp room scenario went sraight down.

You could also be interested on the PvP Tournaments. Truth is that IT'S REALLY HARD TO BE SUCCESSFUL ON IT. But If you get a couple of friends and want to join it just for the fun, for the "let's try this" that's the best thing you could do. The more teams joining the tournament, the better the tournament it is.