Sign in to follow this  
Scout

NovaRO Tester Application

Would they be testing unannounced content? I ask this question because that could be troublesome if for example, the testers were to test a MH2 3* and they find out the Monster is Undead.
One of the testers could use this information to buy Undead damage/resist items before any announcement and then profit from it on what would essentially be the Ragnarok version of insider trading.

I am definitely not against the idea as that could be very useful for the Development Team but I would expect a high level of scrutiny on their live accounts if that were the case.
Maybe by having some of the discussions or what content is being tested public so that everyone has access to the same information could avoid this.

29 minutes ago, Puros said:

Would they be testing unannounced content? I ask this question because that could be troublesome if for example, the testers were to test a MH2 3* and they find out the Monster is Undead.
One of the testers could use this information to buy Undead damage/resist items before any announcement and then profit from it on what would essentially be the Ragnarok version of insider trading.

I am definitely not against the idea as that could be very useful for the Development Team but I would expect a high level of scrutiny on their live accounts if that were the case.
Maybe by having some of the discussions or what content is being tested public so that everyone has access to the same information could avoid this.

I think when something is alredy decided how its gonna be by the GM team, is anunced "the boss will be a dragon with undead property and he will have fire atks'
and after is anunced then it would be open for the testers to find bugs and stuff,

1 hour ago, Puros said:

I am fairly certain confidentiality is one of the qualities a tester should have in order to prevent information leaks and other stuff that could cause communication issues between players in the live server.

Or at least that's what my common sense tells me about unreleased stuff that you'll have access to.

unknown.png

On 7/24/2018 at 3:14 PM, Dyfer said:

Except that dispel doesn't solve anything

2 hours ago, Puros said:

Good point, I've discussed this matter with the rest of the staff, and we are willing to release such information to the public prior to any real testing being done.

We will be doing so before the testing of the new mobs begin.

Adding to that, like mentioned on the main post, any of such advantages would be basically negligible, as we would be drastically changing how the mobs work and behave constantly during their testing phase.

22 minutes ago, En said:

I am fairly certain confidentiality is one of the qualities a tester should have in order to prevent information leaks and other stuff that could cause communication issues between players in the live server.

Definitely~!

Fafnir and Puros like this

On 1/24/2020 at 3:06 AM, Aimer said:

Adding to that, like mentioned on the main post, any of such advantages would be basically negligible, as we would be drastically changing how the mobs work and behave constantly during their testing phase.

What exactly is the point of testing when the actual released mechanics are untested then?

53 minutes ago, klingonenhans said:

What exactly is the point of testing when the actual released mechanics are untested then?

Because we would be able to test base mechanics and functions.

spacer.png