Aimer

Genetic and Wanderer/Minstrel Updates

Customizing skills for PVM would open a pandora box with full of crying kids requesting for their favorite jobs to be buffed. I dont think gravity does a good work balancing classes (i play ninja lol) but customize for pvm is not the solution (for pvp is siege commander job). The main problem IMO is the meta mindset for dps: you pick a super buffeable and spammable skill who does a lot of DPS, if you cant, then automatically your class is "useless" and "Wont be played anymore". That building process is totally valid, but to think your class will be useless because cant do that  anymore is absurd. Is true cart cannon was nerfed and genes will descend even more in the "dps ladder", but genes have a lot of resources that other classes dont: exceptional mobility, zoning, AOE CC, debuffing, cooking, etc. If you cant enjoy your class because their role changed and wont be a DPS anymore is super sad. With that mentality the game is boring, a few months ago there was a lot of ranger clons because of the sharpshooting rework and now is the same with RKs and GX, that is inevitable, but is no reason to not enjoy you class.

Tudor, Lorea, Skyrius and 1 other like this

Can I ask for some bugs on Mechanics too? Its a good class, but its not DPS as RK/GX so I think it need some bug on Arm Cannon cooldown or something else.

I just cant believe there are people asking to let Cart Cannon still BUGGED. Cart Cannon always had a HARD animation and after years it will be fixed here. I just cant stop laughing at this.

Skyrius likes this

Imagine playing with a class having a beneficial bug KKKKK, this a nice joke...

When Gx had that bug not to lose EDP effect When swap weapon the community cries to remove ~

So please fix the CC animation if you are not going to be ultra stupid class

LOL, what is wrong with you guys, why so cocky?, it's necessary to be that aggressive? people are just complaining because they are kinda "new" changes, it’s just how the news is making us feel now. (although we all know this will gonna happen sooner or later). Nobody is asking custom changes, people were just hoping that our GM team could do another thing like bring this update but without the hard animation for CC.

I don't know what you guys think about gene mains, we are just with our hearts broken, with this update doesn't mean that we will quit from playing this class (at least for me, until homun. nerf jk)

dell, Lorea, Ciam and 2 others like this

I made an GX - you took it away with nerfs,,balancing"

I made an RK - you took it away with nerfs/,,balancing"

I made an Genetic cause I really love them ever since they got introduced  - you gonna take that away as well and call it a ,,buff".

Im now gonna take my Wallet and take it away from this server. I am tired of investing Money, Time and Zeny into this server just to be nerfed again and again and again. 

RNG here, RNG there, RNG everywhere. If I want RNG-Festival I can as well go back to play WoW.

Hardcast on Genetic is the Death of this Class, just like it is with kRO (altough they have CashShop Items to bypass/reduce this)

O/

4 hours ago, JoshuaMathen said:

I made an Genetic cause I really love them ever since they got introduced  - you gonna take that away as well and call it a ,,buff".

Im now gonna take my Wallet and take it away from this server. I am tired of investing Money, Time and Zeny into this server just to be nerfed again and again and again. 

RNG here, RNG there, RNG everywhere. If I want RNG-Festival I can as well go back to play WoW.

Hardcast on Genetic is the Death of this Class, just like it is with kRO (altough they have CashShop Items to bypass/reduce this)

O/

Nerfs to GX and RK were only on MH2 which is a custom content specific to this server to begin with. I can agree that those nerfs weren't done gracefully, but something had to be done.
PVP also has their own set of changes here but I think the Commissioners are doing a good job there.
Regarding PVM, every job are as they should be according to kRO, minus some specific items that are yet to come/not implemented, I guess. If you are going to complain about balancing, should just complain to the kRO devs instead. If we start changing jobs, we are going to open a whole Pandora's Box that we don't wanna, and by that point, we should just go full custom and become a Naruto Ragnarok Server or something.

Everyone knew Cart Cannon was bugged, it should have had hard animation from a long time ago. The server tried to delay it as much as they could, but it eventually had to be fixed, so now it's a good time as any. In my opinion, it should have been fixed months ago, so this rework would only be considered a buff, but oh well.

I am also hopeful there will be new interesting builds to Genetic other than Cart Cannon now, since all their other skills got buffed pretty hard.

Also, can you mention which cashshop items in kRO reduce the hard animation delay?

Conga, Sukoru, Tudor and 1 other like this

Posted (edited)

My question is: will the new potions (that give HP)  be affected by the alchemist chart  bonus?

Edited by Farmacon
Tudor likes this

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Blazzy said:

Can I ask for some bugs on Mechanics too? Its a good class, but its not DPS as RK/GX so I think it need some bug on Arm Cannon cooldown or something else.

Not particularilly against keeping this benefitial Bug on CC, but agree that this is a delicated topic.

Let's be fair: When Counter slash CRIT bug was fixed, people lost billions in investment in the Auto-Counter slash build with Oni-Horns. if we fixed a benefitial bug for GX, which heavily affected the economy, then why not to do so with CC? Why to give a special treatement to Genetics? Should we bring back Counter slash critting?

Then, one could say "but GX is already strong, it doesn't need a bug to be even stronger". So you're saying we should customize only weak classes to make them more viables. Fair then, but let's be fair, let's make it with ALL jobs. Let's remove the Animation delay of Overbrand. RG have been an outshadowed class in PVM for a long time already. In #swordsman channel people talk more about Doram than about RG.

So why not to Bug RG to make it viable? And Soul Reaper? And SN?

6 hours ago, JoshuaMathen said:

- Nothing to do with the topic. RK and GX are nerfed only in MH, which is a totally custom content. Officialy, they are the strongest classes without competition. You can confirm this in all official endgame content: Lv 200 Dungeons, Edda Biolab, FOGH, Bio 5. 

- In PVP the nerf is called balancing, and is to prevent a class to be stupidly strong. And even after like 4 nerfs, RK and GX still among the strongest classes.

7 hours ago, Planta said:

don't know what you guys think about gene mains, we are just with our hearts broken, with this update doesn't mean that we will quit from playing this class

This is unnecessarily dramatic panic.

TBH i wouldn't mind if you had both the Bug and the Rework, and you can spam 7 CC per second of 1.2M DMG.

What i think is the right thing to do, is for you is to wait for it to be implemented before asking for any fix. You haven't even tested it and you are already asking for changes.

As said again, Ignition break and Arms Cannon are AOE BURST  ONE-SHOTTING DAMAGE (currently not spammable), yet they are among the strongest skills of the whole game right now. Give it a try before going into panic. If after a couple days of testing you still not convinced, only then start asking for Bugs to fix your class

Edited by Fu Windsword
Sukoru and Tudor like this

Compilation of the Stories and Legends of all the MVP <---- Click Here 

Visit my Youtube Channel Here. <---- RO Youtube Channel

13  15

Kro devs must be high af when they make this rework...and like some said nova ro dont follow kro 100% anymore...that why we see some pvp skills get costumized...genetic special treatment? How bout sura cough snap cough costumized? I dont mind if nova ro follow kro for pvm but at least costumized the cc for pvp?

ScreenCapture_2015_05_30_01_06_36a.jpg.0ecb678bc8c9c39cd2528305adcbecb8.jpg