Ouilyan

THE ATK-MATK-CRIT- BG&WoE problem

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Ouilyan said:

Did i added Poison elemental resistance on the description of my stats? NO, why? cause it doesn´t affect on the example.

The Stem in mouth was not supposed to be in gear, just happened to be there, i usually use Handkerchief % Challenger.

Remember we´re talking about the DAMAGE ... the amount of speed pots makes no difference, so lets add the 12% aditional resistance and make calculations on the damage.
The fact is that the damage is still broken.

Now the post is about the Damage, not how i use my speed potions hahahaha, be serious.

Alright let's do it, if we raise your demi resists up to 84% the damage goes to 179k (see Regel's post for the math).

Then if you wear furious ice titan combo you get 20% medium, so the damage goes to 143k.

Then if you assume the guy is wearing poison, you can swap to PKS and 2x 6% MIR for 22% poison resist, taking the damage down to 111k.

There, you tanked it by wearing smart gears instead of bad gears.

And this didn't even factor in the extra HP you'd get from wearing GFerus on those boots, and the potential resists/HP from a proper garment card. Oh and there's also medium resists missing from the Medium Shadow Set which I assume you're not wearing either.

Edited by Shall

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Shall said:

Alright let's do it, if we raise your demi resists up to 84% the damage goes to 179k (see Regel's post for the math).

Then if you wear furious ice titan combo you get 20% medium, so the damage goes to 143k.

Then if you assume the guy is wearing poison, you can swap to PKS and 2x 6% MIR for 22% poison resist, taking the damage down to 111k.

There, you tanked it by wearing smart gears instead of bad gears.

And this didn't even factor in the extra HP you'd get from wearing GFerus on those boots, and the potential resists/HP from a proper garment card. Oh and there's also medium resists missing from the Medium Shadow Set which I assume you're not wearing either.

So, what you´re saying is that ALL players, in order to endure a single Cross Impact must have at least:

1- 84% demi Human resistance.
2- 22% Poison elemental resistance.
3- 20% Medium race reduction.
And still receive around 111k damage on a single CI.... "Please..."

I wonder how many players without Tao Gunka Card, can get all those requirements and least 140,000 HP to prove that the damage is not broken...
No matter the justification, no matter how much people to lower or look down on the damage crisis the reality is that GX, RK are still broken, and that PVP-BG-WOE players are aware of that.

Now on the other hand, there has been proposal that all Commissioners should consider (they are in the topic)

EDIT: btw... how much damage would that be to PVM player? How much damage would that be to a "Recruit Set gear for BG"?
The damage crisis... still there.

Edited by Ouilyan

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Ouilyan said:

So, what you´re saying is that ALL players, in order to endure a single Cross Impact must have at least:

1- 84% demi Human resistance.
2- 22% Poison elemental resistance.
3- 20% Medium race reduction.
And still receive around 111k damage on a single CI.... "Please..."

I wonder how many players without Tao Gunka Card, can get all those requirements and least 140,000 HP to probe that the damage is not broken...
No matter the justification, no matter how much people to lower or look down on the damage crisis the reality is that GX, RK are still broken, and that PVP-BG-WOE players are aware of that.

Now on the other hand, there has been proposal that all Commissioners should consider (they are in the topic)

I'm saying that ALL players who are on resist set, should have:

1 - 81-84% DH resist (or less for ILM jobs)

2 - 20% MINIMUM resist to ALL ELEMENTS (from MIR/PER and PKS)

3 - 25% Medium reduct (or 5% base from the shadow set and another good armor card like toxious, depending on the build)

4 - actual resist cards on armor, garment and boots

What a concept, I expect people to wear high end reducts gear to tank high end DPS gear. Also how is TGK relevant if this is BG, I can tank CIs in non-MVP BG just fine, SBK is admittedly a problem but it's getting nerfed.

Edited by Shall

3 minutes ago, Shall said:

Also how is TGK relevant if this is BG, I can tank CIs in non-MVP BG just fine

1 hour ago, Ouilyan said:

Was it happy hour with MVP? i don´t know.

Well, he doesnt even know if it was mvp hh or not, also blanked out gx name.

31 minutes ago, Ouilyan said:

Poison (?) vs GX (?)

19 minutes ago, Ouilyan said:

Did i added Poison elemental resistance on the description of my stats? NO, why? cause it doesn´t affect on the example.
The Stem in mouth was not supposed to be in gear, just happened to be there, i usually use Handkerchief % Challenger.

Nice. 

aboutme.png

Just now, Shall said:

I'm saying that ALL players who are on resist set, should have:

1 - 81-84% DH resist (or less for ILM jobs)

2 - 20% MINIMUM resist to ALL ELEMENTS (from MIR/PER and PKS)

3 - 25% Medium reduct (or 5% base from the shadow set and another good armor card like toxious, depending on the build)

4 - actual resist cards on armor and garment

What a concept, I expect people to wear high end reducts gear to tank high end DPS gear. Also how is TGK relevant if this is BG, I can tank CIs in non-MVP BG just fine, SBK is admittedly a problem but it's getting nerfed.

Don´t get this wrong, this is not a personal discussion on you or me, the topic is in order to point something that ALL ro pvp-bg-woe players around the world are commenting, so don´t make it personal because it´s not.

People who read this post, from the 1° one to the last, can find a sequence of "little problems" that make the broken damage more "notable"; one of them is the unlimited supplies.
We already know that the DAMAGE of GX and RK is broken... but even so, in BG-WOE they got "Siege Supplies" : Enchant Deadly Poison, New Poisons, Runes to boost ATK... so this is also not adding a solution to this.

Now it´s good that the community understand this, and gets an opinion of their own, not to take sides.... but to look for solutions.

The only even remotely useful takeaway from this thread is how it evidences the unfortunately massive knowledge gap that exists within the PVP community

Removing consumables on bg is increasing the gap between veterans/high geared people and newcomers even more. It doesnt solve anything...

It's like bg was in 2016, people that wanted to try hard it used foods and had extremely more impact that anyone else that didn't want to use them because they didn't want to waste money for bg

Fu Windsword likes this

BIRL

Just now, Shall said:

The only even remotely useful takeaway from this thread is how it evidences the unfortunately massive knowledge gap that exists within the PVP community

I din´t expect this from you, not from you.

Just now, vTours :D said:

Removing consumables on bg is increasing the gap between veterans/high geared people and newcomers even more. It doesnt solve anything...

It's like bg was in 2016, people that wanted to try hard it used foods and had extremely more impact that anyone else that didn't want to use them because they didn't want to waste money for bg

Consumables is one thing that is OK, recovery items, even foods, however to leave the Runes, EDP, etc is a different thing, specially if they boost already broken damage skills.