Slight Concern About the Guides

One of the things I enjoy in any MMO is the ability to gradually, step by step work on my creations (characters) so that they can be as good as they can be.
For that to happen one often, if not always, need a bit of guidance.
There are great guides out there for gearing but they leave one thing to be desired. They're mostly "Get this or that" and not so much step by step what to get in order to be able to farm the content necessary from a new player's perspective.
It is hard for a new player to know what gear to have and for specific content. 
What gear do I need for MH dailies?
Treasure Hunts?
Bio Labs?
How to know I am strong enough to do stuff for endgame gear?
Why and I getting oneshot? Is it lack of Mdef/Pdef or gear in general? Am I attempting to solo group content?
These are the questions a new player's head gets flooded with.
Step by step guides are what I found are most effective through my many years of MMO experience. Sorted by tiers of difficulties.
Those who write guides for either leveling or class/gear guides have great knowledge of the game, its content and how to progress.
Though it does seem they forgot about the days when they were completely new to the server. The first time they took the dive and arrived in a new Midgard without knowing what to expect.

So TL:DR: Please guys, try seeing the game from our perpective. Don't bombard us with information, but guide us instead so we in turn can help someone who was once like us in the future.

2.png

You dont need to get every information from novaro wiki guides: ask on #support, try to read what the npc says, search for updated gear on forum patch news, search for specifc items on divine pride, etc. 

Weekly content are made for end game pleople. If you are new to the server dont worry about it.

1 hour ago, VoidChosen said:

Trying. If you can't you will know.

1 hour ago, VoidChosen said:

So TL:DR: Please guys, try seeing the game from our perpective. Don't bombard us with information, but guide us instead so we in turn can help someone who was once like us in the future.

That's why new people should find a guild ASAP all those question would be answer in a guild chat

21 hours ago, VoidChosen said:

One of the things I enjoy in any MMO is the ability to gradually, step by step work on my creations (characters) so that they can be as good as they can be.
For that to happen one often, if not always, need a bit of guidance.
There are great guides out there for gearing but they leave one thing to be desired. They're mostly "Get this or that" and not so much step by step what to get in order to be able to farm the content necessary from a new player's perspective.
It is hard for a new player to know what gear to have and for specific content. 
What gear do I need for MH dailies?
Treasure Hunts?
Bio Labs?
Why and I getting oneshot? Is it lack of Mdef/Pdef or gear in general? Am I attempting to solo group content?
These are the questions a new player's head gets flooded with.
Step by step guides are what I found are most effective through my many years of MMO experience. Sorted by tiers of difficulties.
Those who write guides for either leveling or class/gear guides have great knowledge of the game, its content and how to progress.
Though it does seem they forgot about the days when they were completely new to the server. The first time they took the dive and arrived in a new Midgard without knowing what to expect.

TBF yes we get you on what you feel since most of us started from where you are but the guides are really helpful. RO is a 20y/o game that there really isnt any step by step guide to help new/returning players on where to go amd what to hunt. As fo content it really boils down on what builds are good to use instead of what gear to use for specific content(atleast for dps that is, tanking though needs a dedicated section but mostly the guides tell you which mobs are inside those instances so they give a hint on what gear to use.)

As for the guidance guilds are there to help. Though not specifically implied newer players should atleast look for reliable friends to help em out. For class specific duscussions there is discord, wiki guides, etc. TBH new players are lucky to have alot of resources that just cant be contained into one specific spot.

And as others have said progression is solely dependent on you. we have alot of gears here its up to you on what you consider a progression.

9.png.bbb2edd12e9d5b5033c6fe2b0973b1c2.png

Based on the ever-changing meta and the declining, pro-bono guide producers, wikis are a relic of early renewal as discord is to the age of "post-renewal." I'm here to empathize and disclose that I've been overwhelmed as well, but you need to understand why guides have been left to grow cobwebs on them. Firstly, these defuncted guides made by players are works left uncompensated. It was a thankless job then and it's a thankless job now, the difference is that the goal-post keeps moving faster than what can be maintained and so we're left with subpar, but still helpful information. Secondly, I know some players with advance class knowledge that refuse to disclose information to maintain competitive edge. The invisible labor it takes to design a build is larger than what most people care to admit and they're within reason to remain secretive. They dont owe anyone anything.

The only path forward is through discord. Builds are now generated through class discussions until you find something specific to ask about. There might be this inner fear of failure or confusion that makes you lean harder for by-the-book guides but I assure you they are a thing of the past. Like someone said, guilds really help and will help and pour as much into you as much as you pour into them. You'd be surprised at how much leverage you obtain through in-game connections by being friendly.

Edited by charito
BlackIntels likes this

2.png.7960399a892e764593dd640e533662f7.png2.png.d0d266e3672728fd27925db9a6dc9341.png