What we're working on - NovaRO Development Update

Aimer

23 minutes ago, Colonel ButterBean said:

Question: Is it possible that shadow gear that is already in the game will be added in the reward pool of this new content?

Like, new content being an alternative method of getting it? Or will it exclusively be new shadow sets?

It is not something that is on our plans currently.

Keep in mind all current implemented Shadow Gear is obtained within Monster Hunter, which also handles refining of those sets. The main hurdle being we'd have to develop an alternative, content-agnostic system for Shadow Gear refinement which does not include MH's Armor Spheres before even considering the idea.

That being said, I wouldn't be opposed to explore the idea, but the initial implementation aims for new sets only.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Fu Windsword said:

Talking about that, there's something that worries me. Have you considered that maybe in the future there would be way too many different currencies for refining Shadow gears? Making it extremely confusing for players. 

In the context of MH, Armor Spheres goal is to not turn Shadow Gear refining into a boring numbers game, where you simply spam the weakest boss X amount of times in order to farm them efficiently; the downside being exactly the sheer amount of standalone currencies this creates, which I will add that is not that big of a problem currently, but can definitely evolve into one.

Something that immediately comes to mind is a task we had in our backlog for a while, which will eventually be implemented, is including the respective Armor Sphere that refines it in the description of each Shadow Gear. Definitely doesn't answer the issue long-term, but helps cushion some of that confusion.

As for the long-term solution, it is not something we've talked about internally at length yet, but it's definitely something we're aware of. Even if far from ideal, having lots of currencies being part of the same system is easier to manage than having a brand-new system for each and every piece of content. This is also the main reason why I mentioned in the previous post that a future model system should probably aim to be content-agnostic, if possible.

21 minutes ago, Teratai said:

Any plan to implement expanded job newest sprites as alternative outfit?

Another 4th job already got that so it would be nice if expanded class get it too :delphiheart:

unknown.png.3c56e6c5e5f8a287606295f7bbd43f3e.png

These are not released on kRO yet, so we are unable to add them, when kRO adds them we will add them.

spacer.png

Since theres been alot of different talking points in regards to future content / updates; I would also like to bring up a potentially forgotten about / glossed over point of :  What is the status of updating OCA's and MCA's databases of cards?

This was suggested in the past here and was rejected due to mentioning something like that was coming in the near future. Sadly however, a year and 9 months later theres been no word of it since.

Looking forward to more open communication from the staff and hastier future updates to come, Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/21/2021 at 10:35 PM, Eyes said:

This was suggested in the past here and was rejected due to mentioning something like that was coming in the near future. Sadly however, a year and 9 months later theres been no word of it since.

As far as I remember, we did have a project to revise OCA's and MCA's, which ended up scrapped due to a plethora of reasons. I'll make a note to bring this topic up relatively soon but, as it stands, we have no solid plans to update those.

• 1 month later...

Archived