What we're working on - NovaRO Development Update #2

Aimer

I really liked the Zeny idea, I've been farming Geffenia por eons, want something more reliable to farm haha and diverse/constant if possible.

Also liked the change for Illusion content, these equips IMHO are supposed to be mid-game content, and should be easier to obtain, considering the rapid rate of a private server players growth compared to offical ones.

Btw, don't rush 4th jobs, I really preffer to play with all the rebalance/changes made, as well with the expanded classes too (wich seems really cool to see them being implemented at the same rate as "usual" jobs for a change). I really think this is a good decision, specially due to most 4th jobs before being rebalanced are pure trash (i'm looking at you Abyss Chaser and Inquisidor), and after the changes, some of them will become REALLY good and fun (and some, even turn into meta powerhouses, again, looking at you Inquisidor).

I don't see a point to add 4th Jobs now, with it being added incomplete, lacking propper (and much needed) changes and probably weird bugs, wich seems the case with stuff being added in a rush.

Really excited to see Juperos 2 content being added (fingers crossed for Patent Weapons along with it, some classes acutally NEED this to be effective and try to change this boring forced WL/Ranger meta)

Looking foward to enjoy all these cool changes. Very nice to think and do some changes for actual New Players (not the 50b zeny player who's making another class to farm instances). hope this encourage the community to flourish with new ppl experiencing RO

Also, thank you for the Grey map update yesterday <3

Agreed on the don't rush 4th jobs, when 3rds came out there was a decent amount of balance issues/complaining, and of course there will be some of the same.  One of my biggest fears w/ the 4th jobs getting announced was we'd have another 2 years of balancing before we get to a state like we're in now, any class is at least niche-useful.  I like where we're at currently, would be a shame to see degradation in balance, but I also understand wanting to keep up with the cutting edge stuff and appeasing the 'FOURTH JOB WHEN???' folks out there.

Excited to see what you have in mind for zeny, can't wait for more details on that, but I'm sure it's vague for a reason.

Thanks for the road map!

On 1/25/2022 at 7:42 PM, Aimer said:

You can also expect the same quality of life features from previously implemented illusion dungeons to also be applied to Illusion of Twins, including the requirement downgrade to +7 instead of +9, base equipment materials being obtained as drops from the dungeon and the MVP-exclusive catalyst being obtained through a regular mob at a lower rate.

I don't really get this. Almost 2 years ago kRO has made several changes to the illusion dungeons, including making mobs drop illusion gears and even refine boxes for those gears; and that make a lot of sense since 80% of illusion equipments are mid game oriented. So this "QoL" features looks like a downgrade, specially with our rates, where we level up so fast that does not really make sense needing to farm more than in officials for gears we are going to use for less time. There's some explanation for this or any plans to make it properly follow kRO?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2022 at 8:20 AM, Blazzy said:

I don't really get this. Almost 2 years ago kRO has made several changes to the illusion dungeons, including making mobs drop illusion gears and even refine boxes for those gears; and that make a lot of sense since 80% of illusion equipments are mid game oriented. So this "QoL" features looks like a downgrade, specially with our rates, where we level up so fast that does not really make sense needing to farm more than in officials for gears we are going to use for less time. There's some explanation for this or any plans to make it properly follow kRO?

Exactly, if you follow any of those guides for characters at Nova it's a direct rush for 17.1 after getting the rideword and thanatos...

Also dont forget the whole  Verus equipment fiasco.

Adding a slot to Reinforced parts plate:

"If you wish to slot it, you need a +9 Reinforced Parts - Plate, 300 Charleston Component, and talk to Su Winterguard (@navi verus04 117 132) to upgrade it.

Careful - Refines and enchants will be lost when adding the slot."

QOL updates for illusion dungeons but not for that, how does that even make sense

45 minutes ago, Akane Swifthand said:

Also dont forget the whole  Verus equipment fiasco.

"If you wish to slot it, you need a +9 Reinforced Parts - Plate, 300 Charleston Component, and talk to Su Winterguard (@navi verus04 117 132) to upgrade it.

QOL updates for illusion dungeons but not for that, how does that even make sense

You know what is the worse part of that? The only replacement for that is an Ep 18 armor and it was rejected to make a QoL on that armor conversion before when I asked about it :pepperderp:

On 2/24/2022 at 8:07 PM, Akane Swifthand said:

To bring light to this one example, this was an update that was implemented as is, without any custom modifications, a long time ago back in 2019.

While we have done improvements to old instances and still revisit some from time to time, Verus content is, simply put, not something we discuss on the regular (or at all) anymore. On the contrary of Illusion dungeons which got a very recent official update with Twins, and brought the topic to a brief spotlight.
That I recall, there was a single very old suggestion about improving the obtainment of these gears, which I believe got denied at the time. However, if you do feel there's room for improvements (which I would personally agree with), I'd invite you to make another suggestion about it.

Archived