Battlegrounds Skill Hotfix

Barry

Hi everyone. While me and Nova were investigating the bug report on Gate of Hell's damage, we discovered that the underlying bug not only affected Gate of Hell, but all skills which had different customization values in BG and WoE. This means that the skills below were doing their PvM damage inside BG, instead of their intended damage:

Skill Intended BG Damage Current WoE Damage
Gate of Hell 200% 233%
Freezing Spear 125% 150%
Comet 50% 75%
Diamond Dust 175% 200%
Psychic Wave 175% 200%
Varetyr Spear 175% 200%
Poison Buster 175% 200%
Spell Fist 125% 200%

Unfortunately, we would require a maintenance to properly fix the issue. As a hotfix, we have matched the affected skills to their WoE values inside Battlegrounds and Great Hunt. We will properly tackle this issue in the next maintenance.

We realize that some of these changes might make certain skills temporarily too strong in Battlegrounds and we apologize for the confusion. We know this is not an ideal change to make on a Great Hunt week. However, this bug has likely been here for years now, and we are thankful to the players who helped us spot it.

Wouldn't it be better to keep that fix until after great hunt?

IMO even though its a fix, tweaking balance right before tourney sounds like a bad idea, considering that it might (will) change comps. People played with this bug for "years", they sure can wait two more days.

1 hour ago, Barry said:

but all skills which had different customization values in BG and WoE

And as extra, does that mean slug shot bugged too? It has different values on BG and WoE according to wiki, but currently not on the skill list.

Shall and Cyanidex like this

100?v=2282

aboutme.png

• Barry changed the title to Battlegrounds Skill Hotfix
51 minutes ago, reformed user said:

Ty for being open about this correction Barry, but does that mean that goh was doing half of it intended dmg in BG?

Hi reformed user. Yes, this has been the case since Monday when we did the change on GoH that was meant to lower it from 233% to 200%. All the skills on this list were doing 100% of their damage, when all of them (except Comet) should have been buffed. I very much apologize for the confusion with this skill.

2 hours ago, Mandie said:

And as extra, does that mean slug shot bugged too? It has different values on BG and WoE according to wiki, but currently not on the skill list.

Hi Mandie. Slug Shot is a separate case - it actually looks like the skill is not buffed at all, neither in BG nor in WoE. I have a note to look into it.

49 minutes ago, Barry said:

Hi reformed user. Yes, this has been the case since Monday when we did the change on GoH that was meant to lower it from 233% to 200%. All the skills on this list were doing 100% of their damage, when all of them (except Comet) should have been buffed. I very much apologize for the confusion with this skill.

I see, i've just played this last HH and the corrections seens to have worked

Unsure about the balance state of things, but i'll play futhermore and come back with my toughts.

sig.png

On 3/31/2022 at 10:27 AM, Mandie said:

Wouldn't it be better to keep that fix until after great hunt?

IMO even though its a fix, tweaking balance right before tourney sounds like a bad idea, considering that it might (will) change comps. People played with this bug for "years", they sure can wait two more days.

Hi again Mandie. We considered this possibility, but I am sorry to tell you that we are not going ahead with it. As explained in the latest PvP Diary, standardization between BG and WoE (as much as possible, at least) is a major part of our vision for the meta going forward. I am aware that this was definitely not the best moment for these changes, and we would not have done them now if the bug hadn't forced our hand, but we are not going to revert them at this time.

On 3/31/2022 at 7:19 AM, Barry said:

Hi Mandie. Slug Shot is a separate case - it actually looks like the skill is not buffed at all, neither in BG nor in WoE. I have a note to look into it.

image.png.24bb0a51a6b30bc8b71e2e683ca58f27.pngimage.png.b0421c1bbe74438b5ca9a8ceb8527e46.pngimage.png.d7c21da4d230744e12abe4825e21b3dd.png

first pic:
1. guild arena
2. town @duel

second pic:
1. training room siege off
2. ^ with lust buff
3. siege on training room
4. ^ with lust buff

third pic: max variance training room

1. siege off

2,3. ^ w/ lust buff

4. siege on, lust buff