Damage disparity in BG, WoE, and Draft

Posted (edited)

Currently all pvp game mode has the same siege reduction (90%). I think the concept is great, but realistically it's impractical and creates a disparity in damage across all the pvp game modes.

Why? here's a quick comparison

BG

- No mvp

- Incomplete buffs

Woe1

- Limited mvp

- Limited player count

Draft

- No mvp limit

- No player limit

In these game mode, a support/tank player would pretty much have the same reduction which creates the disparity.

How can we fix this?

- Global nerf to all S tier damage skills

- Different siege reduction values (example: 70% on BG, 80% on Woe1, 90% on Draft)

Edited by CheeseOmelette

I dont understand where you are trying to go, one of your "fixes" suggest making everyone less tanky while the other makes everyone more tanky by nerfing the main skills.

You want plp taking more or less dmg?

sig.png

1 hour ago, reformed user said:

I dont understand where you are trying to go, one of your "fixes" suggest making everyone less tanky while the other makes everyone more tanky by nerfing the main skills.

You want plp taking more or less dmg?

I want to keep the same tankiness while having different siege reduction values.

3 minutes ago, CheeseOmelette said:

I want to keep the same tankiness while having different siege reduction values.

But doenst that changes nothing? if plp will tank the same how is that gonna change something? Sorry, but i dont get it.

sig.png

8 minutes ago, reformed user said:

But doenst that changes nothing? if plp will tank the same how is that gonna change something? Sorry, but i dont get it.

Yes, the point is to make tanking feels the same or "consistent" in different environment, which right now is not.

I mean we can pretty much agree it's easier to tank on woe1 vs draft right? (Imagine being a front liner that pushes in standard gvg)

18 minutes ago, CheeseOmelette said:

Yes, the point is to make tanking feels the same or "consistent" in different environment, which right now is not.

I mean we can pretty much agree it's easier to tank on woe1 vs draft right? (Imagine being a front liner that pushes in standard gvg)

Ok i understand now, but i'm not sure if i agree, perhaps the FBH boots is making too much of a diference and thats why you have this perception.

Its not like tanks dont have tools there (TGK with warlord/soutane), but the fact that everyone has access to FBH makes it too hard to tank w/o GTB.

I wouldnt put BG in account tho, is too messy of an enviroment to compare with woes and it has some custom behaviors that are not in place elsewhere. 

sig.png

At some points i think you´re right... maybe you could softer things if for example: 
Tier1 mvp cards from Valor Medals changes... not FBH, not GTB.

Don´t know... maybe other mvps could be available without causing a "disbalance". 

Posted (edited)

I think as reformed user previously pointed out there's still no defensive rental mvps yet to counter/soft-counter the high damage mvps. If there were the dmg disparity probably wouldn't be this severe.

Obv beside GTB ofc.

Edited by Kev

Posted (edited)
On 6/3/2022 at 5:26 AM, reformed user said:

Its not like tanks dont have tools there (TGK with warlord/soutane)

I don't think they are significantly better than a FIT armor with element enchant in this meta.

Soutane one is probably even inferior because it has no reduct at all.

On 6/3/2022 at 5:26 AM, reformed user said:

I wouldnt put BG in account tho, is too messy of an enviroment to compare with woes and it has some custom behaviors that are not in place elsewhere. 

Don't you think it's weird that BG (no mvp allowed, limited refine, etc.) have the same reduct as draft?

Before Barry took over, woe/draft pretty much had more reduction because of proximity so it's not really a new concept.

3 hours ago, Kev said:

I think as reformed user previously pointed out there's still no defensive rental mvps yet to counter/soft-counter the high damage mvps. If there were the dmg disparity probably wouldn't be this severe.

Defensive rental MVP is interesting in WoE1 because there's an MVP limit. It might result to guilds trying out new strat/team comp instead of having their warlock take all the slot.

However on draft, it's a pretty horrible idea. Do you really want to rent an MVP card every week just so you could have the standard reduct set? (because everyone will pretty much have no choice but to rent it) Everyone wearing an OP MVP card sounds like a balancing nightmare too, we have enough of that with GTB/FBH. Adding Kades or whatever to that doesn't really balance the equation, it just complicate things more.

Edited by CheeseOmelette