So, some people are pushing to have NovaRP up and running again. It may have had its share of obstacles before, but the RP scene in Nova had some run in the past year.

This thread is a sort of roll call, to see if there are still people interested in joining/starting up RPs.  We're planning to do it from the ground up again, so opinions as to how you like RPing are also welcome. Type of RP, where you'd like to do it (whether in-game, forums, chat), stuff like that. You can also leave comments on the roleplay section in Discord, as some of our members are active there.

Please dont be shy, and give us your honest thoughts!

As it stood before, I wasn't too positive with the Roleplay here. It was restrictive in a sense that there was a sole setting, and the section of the forums was purely dedicated to it, instead of being open for others to design their own worlds. Yet, the definite killer was the fact that the theme and medium were both RO.

If WoE, a global guild vs guild activity, is known to be one of the most walled contents due to the time limitations. Consider a group RP session in real time being it's equivalent. Not everybody can attend, and most of the time, everybody is requited to do so. Such is the major flaw of a roleplay in-game, not even considering the fact that it's nearly impossible to keep logs, for which I'd like to suggest an overhaul of the current NovaRP section to include RP in Play by Post via the forums, as well as an OOC/Recruitment subsections.

With the way the existing RP server in Discord panned out (well, the one I'm in, at least with DnD 5e mechanics and all), I think that Discord could be one of the effective ways for people to go RP since technicalities like rolling, positioning, and stats can be solved with bots, and a bit of spatial awareness. :)

image.png.d8f705e74e49e3fe68cdd309c8443643.pngimage.png.1305744b57fec3f135a8f864b121e9dc.pngimage.png.95fdcaf259f6a4e98d4baf4f830f91c3.png

Yay rp!~

I'd actually be quite interested to join in (though my roleplaying skills are a bit rusty and my english far from perfect), although I also think doing this by the forum or discord would be easier (mostly because I'm in a different timezone and my schedule might become a bit hectic from next september). Guess I'll have to look more into this.

By the looks of things, the timezone problem is best addressed with a slower pace (aka posting in forum/chat). We'll probably use this site for posts and discord for faster communication. Any violent reactions?

23 hours ago, Kayle Walker said:

By the looks of things, the timezone problem is best addressed with a slower pace (aka posting in forum/chat). We'll probably use this site for posts and discord for faster communication. Any violent reactions?

fite me

image.png.d8f705e74e49e3fe68cdd309c8443643.pngimage.png.1305744b57fec3f135a8f864b121e9dc.pngimage.png.95fdcaf259f6a4e98d4baf4f830f91c3.png