Tokeiburu

Renewal Attack Formula

4 hours ago, Tokeiburu said:

And it's now been adjusted to:

weapon_attack = raw_weapon_attack * weapon_atk_rate + raw_weapon_attack * base_str_or_dex / 200 + variance

With this change, our damage is now a 100% match with kRO.

I've had to do several read throughs of this amazing post. Thank you Tokei and all Nova staff!!! The amount of work and effort you guys pour into this server does not go unnoticed!! Anyways, so, I've a few things I want to clarify:

1) as quoted -- weapon attack does not take elements into effect. This only occurs after weapon attack & equip attack are added together correct?
2) the damage formula states (wep atk + equip atk) * elemental bonus and equip atk is mentioned to include arrows. Are all forms of "ammunition" calculated the same way? I ask because you didn't specifically all the other forms of ammo and this is a very specific mechanic involving genetic's cart cannon and dieter's pyroclastic. I'm hoping this question makes sense because with genetic, as far as i know, iron cannon ball is forced neutral and pyroclastic forces fire element. Neither of these things can be endowed anymore. Are all of these points correct? Or am I missing something or not being clear enough?

Very nice work to all of the NovaRO staff, thank you so much for that.

By the way, how does it work now with Genetic's Cart Cannon with the recent changes to it?

You can click on my signatures to read my Geneticist Guide!

6 hours ago, donu7 said:

I've had to do several read throughs of this amazing post. Thank you Tokei and all Nova staff!!! The amount of work and effort you guys pour into this server does not go unnoticed!! Anyways, so, I've a few things I want to clarify:

1) as quoted -- weapon attack does not take elements into effect. This only occurs after weapon attack & equip attack are added together correct?
2) the damage formula states (wep atk + equip atk) * elemental bonus and equip atk is mentioned to include arrows. Are all forms of "ammunition" calculated the same way? I ask because you didn't specifically all the other forms of ammo and this is a very specific mechanic involving genetic's cart cannon and dieter's pyroclastic. I'm hoping this question makes sense because with genetic, as far as i know, iron cannon ball is forced neutral and pyroclastic forces fire element. Neither of these things can be endowed anymore. Are all of these points correct? Or am I missing something or not being clear enough?

1) That's incorrect, the formula was simply written to be as simplified as possible. It is actually done individually (not that it changes anything though):

damage = 2 x status_attack_right + status_attack_left + weapon_attack_right_hand x elemental_bonus_right + weapon_attack_left_hand x elemental_bonus_left + equip_attack_right x elemental_bonus_right + equip_attack_left x elemental_bonus_left + mastery_attack
* If you are using two weapons and that the damage uses both hands when it's being calculated. Otherwise you'd simply get:
damage = 2 x status_attack_right + weapon_attack_right_hand x elemental_bonus_right + equip_attack_right x elemental_bonus_right + mastery_attack

2) Yes, all types of ammunition are considered arrows from the server's perspective.

3 hours ago, AloeLeaflet said:

Very nice work to all of the NovaRO staff, thank you so much for that.

By the way, how does it work now with Genetic's Cart Cannon with the recent changes to it?

There are no changes with Cart Cannon. Your left/right hand uses the same elemental bonus for all components. The elemental_bonus_right is calculated before any of these are calculated. So if you have Holy Cannon Balls, your damage will be holy no matter what. This one may require more testing to make sure all cases are correct, but it's not in the scope of this update.

Cannonballs are treated a bit different from arrows in the ammunition attack part btw (in general does not benefit from most % cards, like AK). In Mechanic specific case, Cannonball elements are applied separately to the cannon ball attack and wATK+eATK, basically the reason why you "double dip" when using a Holy Cannon Ball + Aspersio.

LoL.

Luk still increase atack normal.

The change is:Now, Str/Dex have a better influence on weap atack.only that

Ouilyan likes this

100k zeny damage