Sign in to follow this  
Kruro

Acid Demonstration Formula

Hello everyone,

I'm currently looking for some gear to specificly boost AD in order to save on bottles/do more competitive damage on the few monsters that actually have decent vit.

However, I keep reading different things when researching how AD actually works.

The somewhat official info I found is (atk+matk)*modifiers*enemy_vit. But I also found a thread here stating that bonus matk does nothing, instead only raw int does. An older genetic guide on the wiki states that +atk% and +matk% do nothing for AD, yet I see players like von henheim using Pendant of Maelstrom in twitch videos. I also heard that +range% applies kinda double (on atk and matk part of AD), is that still true? Also not sure if I can trust irowiki at all, since I keep reading that our damage formula is different, is there any resource anyone can point me to?

My current gear consists of:

• +9 Harvester (switching to Ship Captain for AD)
  • Black Frame Glasses [eoe int3]
  • Well-Chewed Pencil (mainly because it gives 2 of a needed stat instead of 1 like rainbow scarf)
  • +6 Hero Trade Mail [eoe int3]
  • +15 Crimson Mace [WK, AK]
  • Mad Bunny [KK]
  • 13int GSS [Menblatt Card]
  • +6 Temporal Dex [eoe dex3]
  • Broken Chip 1 & 2 [both eoe int3]

I'm wondering if I should eventually get

• Pendant of Maelstrom [Gold Scaraba] (will the +atk%/+%matk even work with ad?)
  • 11~12int Flattery Robe (will the 150matk do anything for AD?)
  • +9 Heroic Backpack

These are all kinda expensive, so I'm not sure what to work on next (probably favouring the Flattery Robe for now, since it'll be also nice for CC)

Is there any gear that isn't too hard to get that I'm leaving out, that AD would greatly benefit from?

I assume +9 Evil Marching Hat will be better than Ship Captain, but I'm not too thrilled about getting a +9 headgear for such niche use, especially if it's only a small boost :<

Finally, is investing in AD (or genetic in general, CC included) even worth it? Or do I have to give up and make a Aimed Bolt ranger, Rebellion or Picky Peck doram to actually contribute in endgame parties (all classes of which I'm not exactly stoked about playing..)?

Anyway, thanks for reading!

Edited by Kruro

Okay, little update:

Recently got 600 Honor Tokens, so I thought about testing the +matk bonus before selling the flattery robe again.

It's not exactly scientific due to the small sample size (5 AD-damage tests each with and without flattery robe), but still:

Empty Armorslot @ Bradium Golem:

• 123,000 dmg
  • 115,570 dmg
  • 117,180 dmg
  • 113,540 dmg
  • 116480 dmg
  • = 117,166 average dmg

+0 Flattery Robe (aka +150matk, no cards used) @ Bradium Golem:

• 119,070 dmg
  • 130,830 dmg
  • 122,990 dmg
  • 117,460 dmg
  • 129,920 dmg
  • = 124,054 average dmg

While this test might not be perfect, it does imho suggest that +matk might work just fine.

Still open how well +%atk/matk boni do... would appreciate any input :) 

if the flattery robe had int enchants at +7?

can't say much on this class. genetic is to expensive for my blood to play XD. might as well just use throw zeny as a ninja at everything. it'd be cheaper XD

also, all things being equal on the formulae I saw for AD, wouldn't scaraba give as much benefit as gold scaraba and be far far cheaper?

one last thought, and this is to any pro genetics who I'm sure know the answer already.

as hard MDEF and DEF reduce the ATK and MATK portions of AD, would nightmare mimic/nightmare arclouse, big ben, big bell, nightmare mino etc be a substantial boost to the damage on high end mobs that generally have plenty of each? 

%ATK from equipment depends on type of script that is used for the equipment. Sometimes it can be direct boost of your dmg, sometimes it can be only boost of you wpnATK or statusATK (for example bakonawa agimat tattoo). 
-The influence of Hard DEF and MDEF on the damage is non-existent or very small. (you can test it with https://www.divine-pride.net/database/item/5360/bRO
- Current formula of AD is uknow and on pre-re the portion of MATK/ATK was 50/50(same for both). Altought Von Heim(What of the genetics that plays this class pretty often and has really great gear) said, that MATK portion of the formula isnt that big. Because when we were talking about procing RM on temporal boots, he said, that it has small bonus and is not worth the time.

For gear progression, I would go with POM first, its much cheaper other two gears you mentioned and you will se significant dmg boost. Also for now, you might consider buying +7 HBP that is like 7 times cheaper and use it for bombing monsters, the GSS with INT is very good for CC.

/! Thanks, This clears things up a lot!

I assume PoM counts as the "good" type of +%atk then. I actually already went ahead and got a +11int Flattery after the matk-testing with a +0 Flattery. However I'll try to get the PoM's soon (recently shifted away from geffenia to doing instances and since jitterbug is on my list, I'm kinda hoping for a lucky drop/trade-in to save zeny for other things).

Depending on how PoM's perform, I might even get away using them for CC (recently calced my stats and could be able to regain IC when swapping one EoE Int with EoE Dex), but I'll test this once I get the chance :)

Interesting point about ATK and MATK not being 50/50 btw, I'll keep that in mind. Agree on Runaway Magic, Lucky Day seems to be proc much more consistent and gives a noticable jump in damage.

Cheers!

The thing about me wanting the reckless magic effect is because there are tactics to proc Reckless Magic. Lucky Day is totally random and is very hard to make it proc trough some tactic. 
For example:
You can use plant cultivation and plant xx mushrooms on the ground, than use Demonic Fire and there is a much bigger chance to proc Reckless Magic. (most likely it will procs, all depends on how many mushrooms you planted)
I dont know exact chances with LD and RM, but I believe its almost same, its just you are using Physical Attack more often than magical attack. You can see that Magic Oboros, Sorcerers or Warlocks using only magic attacks and they have RM very often. 
Also for headgear slot another progression might be Ship Captain -> Ancient Gold Ornament -> +9 Evil Marcher Hat

Edited by tasuro
I'm dumb and can't type

Bump!

I actually went all in with this and almost finished gearing up, but now I wonder about the armor slot again.

Best in slot would obviously be a +10 or higher Flattery with str or dex nives, but I don't think that's within the realms of how much zeny can be traded (leaving alone getting there :<).

Since AD greatly favours ATK over MATK, would a +7 Excellion Suit [Atk,Atk,Str] (= 95 ATK with my current build) significantly outdo the 150 MATK / 25 ATK from Flattery Robe[Porcellio] ?

Edited by Kruro

1 ATK = 1.25 MATK
ATK% is ignored

MATK% is not

ToRY0UQ.png

On 5/13/2017 at 12:14 PM, Nightcore Run said:

I honestly have no idea how to commence the war on memes.

On 11/12/2016 at 11:32 AM, Shalltear said:

0 MvP cards is a ridiculous concept. People work hard for those

So much conflicting info :< Is there a definitive resource you can point me to @Pokemon? Or is that a result of testing?

I did some testing myself by swapping between Mad Bunny/Immune Shield, both with KK card, just to emulate the single loss of 5% atk (which converts to +5% Class All Bonus in @battlestats). Without the 5% atk, I was doing 98% of the damage that I deal usually with the mad bunny on, but I only did 10 ADs with each shield, so I can't really trust my data here.

Additionally, if +%atk (aka Class All Bonus) wouldn't work, that'd mean Abysmal Knight shouldn't work either, since those boni stack up additively in @battlestats.

The ATK to MATK ratio is useful though, that definitely clears up my question about the armor slot! :) 

Result of testing, but this was a while ago. perhaps with the ATK% change, AD now listens to it.

ToRY0UQ.png

On 5/13/2017 at 12:14 PM, Nightcore Run said:

I honestly have no idea how to commence the war on memes.

On 11/12/2016 at 11:32 AM, Shalltear said:

0 MvP cards is a ridiculous concept. People work hard for those