Sky Mech

Arms Cannon and Cart Cannon Element Nerf

Some Maintenances ago, was announced that Arms Cannon and Cart Cannon would get only the Cannon Ball Element, in fact it changed. I know that many changes was create to try to balance the game in case of any bug skill formula or anything wrong with the class, but disable these skills to get endow or aspercio, i dont see any balance in it, because Mechanic and Gentic have only 4 options of elemental cannon balls, that limit the class to face the same type of monsters with Cannon build, instead of Rebellion and Ranger class that have almost all elementals projectiles, and Ranger can even use Oridecon Arrow (Strongest Neutral Arrow) With Endow, and get Endow element. My point is that Arms Cannon and Cart Cannon builds, are not strong enough to disput with Pick Pecky, Acid Demonstration, Berseker, Unlimit and others strong spamming skills or build, to receive that kind of nerf.

I Play as Mechanic, Arms Cannon and Knuckle Boost Builds, i use to farm, do instances and others stuffs with my Mechanic, some farms like basilisk dungeon 3, i needed fire endow to be efficient, or a fire weapon to deal a good damage and farm well. This kind of farm, i cant go with my Mechanic anymore, because i dont kill them fast enough to be a good farm. Used to get endow in Demon God too, to help the group with a good damage using Arms Cannon IC, but without the right element i cant use Arms Cannon anymore in Demon God, because i wont deal more damage than Knuckle Boost with the right element, and others instances, like Genetic using fire converter in Faceworm to clear the mobs with Cart Cannon.

Im creating this Topic in hope of a new change, to back the way it was before for so many time and change now for some reason that i'd like to know, but this change block me and many players who use Arms Cannon and Cart Cannon builds to do many things. I really like my class, and i dont want to create another class only to farm or be a DPS in some instances because i cant get my weapon element or endow to use my main skill.

Thank you and help please.

From what I know, this is not a nerf but more of a fix. I also prefer that the skill be affected by outside elements other than cannon balls but NovaRO tries to be as close as possible to KRO. I just hope that more items be available to us to compensate this fix *28429 Arquien's Necklace. jk, i dont even know if this is useful.*... and that same limitations be applied to rebels and rangers if that's the case in KRO.

Edited by Zonikku

While I don't mind either, mainly because Holy is already such a powerful element that is useful in 80% of current instances, I would prefer to question if Rangers and Rebels are supposed to be endowable. Is it official that Oridecon/Elven Arrow can be endowed? Because if the direction is that ammunition should not be endowable, I'd prefer to have it consistent all across the board. What's the point of all the elemental arrows then?

4BookwormSEMeme.thumb.png.ba7bcbaa96fb76d2aba1168326c313f4.png

It is not the arrows that are being endowed an element but the bow weapon its self. The ammo remains the same but the bow decides the element damage. It is why there are bows with elements such as Rudra bow being holy.

When you endow an element you can freely change arrows and keep the elemental endow but change bows and you loose it. Can go into the test chamber instance using different arrows while using a bow with an element naturally and one with out, just bring a few different arrow elements to test it out.

Would need some one better with the mechanics to cheek but, the game most likely cheeks the bow element first to determine what element to apply then it checks what element is the equipped arrow if the bow has none. Can also check using @battlestats and switching out arrows vs elemental convertor and see which element it remains as.

The difference mainly is that bow/ instrument/ whip have the weapon checked for element first before the ammunition is, where use of cannon ball ammo doesn't have the weapon element checked.

Edited by Althenra
weapon correction

That would seem to be correct, genetic and mechanic do not check the weapon element only the element for the cannon ball. The only other thing that I can possibly think of is the difference of mild wind element endow vs conventional endows: mild wind applies to both weapon and status attack but only given then through specific +7 zodiac headgears so would be hard to test if it helps at all where as normal endow is weapon only.

I've never used Dieter so can't say anything about its application to mark that though if it gets brought up, for checking order and application.