Sign in to follow this  
Kcor

Cheap alternative: Calf Kingcobra

Hi there!

I've been playing intensively Rebel for now more than one month and you might have came across me with my rebels Kcor to Kcor V. (Discovered the job when I came back to RO here :) )

I'm creating this topic to suggest a cheaper alternative "calf gun" for single target damage in PVE: the Calf Kingcobra, which is super undervalued at the moment compared to his brother diamondback!

Indeed, all the stats bonus of the gun are oriented toward AUTO ATTACK: %ASPD bonus, %ranged damage bonus and %crit damage bonus.

(Sadly, the riffle isn't made for riffle skills such as Hammer of God)

Who is calf kingcobra for?

Rebels who already have the stuff to clean up monster and want to deal more damage on boss while being on budget! (You can also use it to stomp faster on rock ridge's buffalo ;) )

• You have a calf diamondback+7/+8 because Round Trip for life.
    • For CRIT Rebel build: Calf Kingcobra gives you an overwhelming +15%Crit Damage on top of the same %ranged damage per refine as other Calf weapons
      • Note: this build is interesting for high flee monsters like some MvP in Endless Cellar, Great Duneyrr Monster Hunter and BioLab Shecil however be careful, your round trip damage will be pitiful compared to QDS build.
    • For QDS Rebel: You might lose the +120ATK from Gattling fever but it is much much much cheaper to get a high refine Calf Kingcobra than Calf Diamondback. (See for yourself in game: Calf Kingcobra+15 is at the moment 500m or less while Calf Diamondback+15 reaches 1.5bn)
      • Note: Even though riffle has a ASPD penalty, Calf Kingcobra refined at +7 or higher gives 15%ASPD which compensate partially the loss. (With my stuff there is only 1-2 ASPD lost when I change from Diamondback to Kingcobra)
  • You have Calf Deathadder+8/Crimson Revolver+15 because you love Fallen Angel and Fire Dance/Desperado.
    • You are surely a QDS Rebel and Calf Kingcobra will certainly deal more damage on QDS than your revolver because of it has a higher base attack. So you might want to get the riffle for situation where you don't need to kite the boss!

All in all, I just wanted to give some more value to this poor riffle of mine, but if you have the money to gamble 200m on 20% chance of refining to +10 go for the all rounder Diamondback and Deathadder! ;D

Here some screenshots about what can do Calf Kingcobra: (I might update the topic when I get my hand on a high refine Calf Diamondback to compare damage with the same stuff!)

QDS:

1537217329-screennovaro103.jpg

Crit HIT:

1537218437-screennovaro108.jpg

Edited by Kcor

Hi Kcor i have many Questions for you:

1. Why you put STR for 120?  sorry im new in novaro and renewal cause i think rebellion have basic same as Ranger.
2. what calf kingcobra is best rifle now? what about color scope? that Color scope have +30 crit
3. can you make an Video about you Rebellion, cause im very interisting.
4. what you always kill the MVP as Rebellion?

Hi,

1. Well for the 120 STR, it is because I'm testing an ATK Oriented build with Temporal Boots of STR and Brown Rat card (and it seems to work well for now)

• Why I'm using this? Because I thought that calf weapons already gives a lot of %Ranged damage and that the +50ATK from STR boots might be better than +5%Ranged damage from Temporal Boots of Dex. Besides it goes well with my Excellion suit STR Blueprint!
  • Note: I used to be CRIT with Temporal Boots of Luk ASPD4/HE and with the other build I do 4k more on CRIT HIT but I do 5K Less on the total of QDS. But I do prefer my current build because it helps me doing much more damage with Round Trip. (And eventualy on Fire Dance when I get a high refine deathadder later on)

2. As for Color Scop, +30Crit might be good but I think it's still far from Kingcobra. For exemple my kingcobra+16 has : +15% ASPD, 8*5%+5%= 45%Ranged Damage and +15%Crit Damage. (I think it is hard to find a weapon that gives more than that ^^)

I would say that Calf Kingcobra is only worth it +10 or more because it has a lot of potential and at +10 you can be sure that it will be with you for the rest of your game time since you cannot lose it in refinement with HD Bradium!

• I tried before but Calf Kingcobra+9 does more or less the same damage as Calf Diamondback+8 (because of gattling fever)
  • As for CRIT Rate, you have two choice for a Rebel, either use Luk Glove if you have many LUK stats point or use Fox Ear Ribbons which proc almost everytime at 193 ASPD. I use de later now.
  • Note: If you want to get more CRIT outside of the proc of Fox Ear Ribbons you can always uses consumable: Arunafeltz Sandwich (+7Crit rate) and Buche de Noel (+7Crit Rate). Both have a duration of 10min

3. As for video I won't make any I think xD

4. I didn't quiet well understand your question but if it is do I get MvP most of the time on instance? Well it depends. I do get it most of the time the mvp but even if I am nearly "full stuff" I still can't beat Genetic with Acid Demonstration for high vit monster and a Cat well geared.

• Note: Cat, GX Crit and RK Crit still do more damage on single target monster than QDS/Crit. For comparison, a RK Lindy hop +8 already does 40k CRIT Hit with Runes and Berserk.

Edited by Kcor

Guys, srry but where do I drop/make a calf diamondback?

I searched on novawiki/divine but could'nt find the source

Thks!

Edited by Alexander

1 hour ago, Alexander said:

Guys, srry but where do I drop/make a calf diamondback?

I searched on novawiki/divine but could'nt find the source

Thks!

Long version (for future reference):

Use @wd calf diamondback to find mob id (it's 3749)

then use @wi 3749 to find map where mob is located (it's rockmi1)

finally, use @navi rockmi1 and it'll show you how to get there

Short version:

Use @go 43 to warp to Rock Ridge then head to the map on the right, another right, then up. The mob that drop calf DB is the machete wielding elite buffalo bandit.

https://www.divine-pride.net/database/monster/3749/elite-buffalo-bandit

Edited by dadalin212

Well, I'm in the first case of the "who is kingcobra for?": switching for diamondback+8 with round trip to clear mobs. I also have a deathadder to fallen angel for most of the time and also using desperado when needed!