Rimekissed

Affordable gear for a new player

Hello there! /bo
I'm wondering if anyone can give me any tips or ideas, or more so a general goal of gears I should be aiming for to make farming a little less... overwhelming

I've recently returned to this server to try my hand at a Star Empress (currently a "moon" build), and it's at the point where that eden stuff just won't cut it anymore past farming in Gonryun.
I've searched the boards here, and I can see not too much has been speculated or posted about affordable gear as a stepping stone to make life a little easier. 
So, any recommendations or help would be greatly appreciated as I honestly don't have a clue.

5                                              5

for starter, get any cheap encyclopedias/c bibles, and card it with 2x Manananggal Card

http://db.irowiki.org/db/item-info/4584/

with it you can farm using Warm and Flying Kick.

then get Rideword Hat, armor is just Glittering Jacket, should be enough.

garment, a cheap GFSS card it with raydric. Shoes is just shackle + Bloodied shackle ball combo

and use sherrif's left badge, stone buckler with Charge Basilisk / Hodremlin card as your shield.

this should be enough for you to farm. good thing about SE,  it has Wrath.

Now even if you use low tier gears,

you can leverage the performance of your character using Wrath.  

there are Wrath, Warm, Protection, Blessing, if you know and understand how to use them, SE is piece of cake class! 

Edited by AnnAnna

2Lazy%20Anna

You can also buy a airship armor and a manteau of airship (they are cheap and really good) or do the first part of the Airship Instance to get (Ferlock may be hard to kill without gears).  I really liked the tip from Ann about the shackle + bloodied shacle ball combo! You can also buy a incubus egg and get it loyal to help with sp procs. A hunter fly card maybe also good for hp leechs.

So basically, that would be a first budget setup:

Rideword Hat (try to get a marduk card, because silence is awful)

Airship Armor

Manteau of Airship (Raydric or WakWak)

Crimson Bible +7~+15 (i put +15 here because that must be your first priority after getting this budget set) with HF/

Silver Guard/Stone Buckler (Hodremlim/Charge Basilisk)

Shackles

Bloodied Shackle Ball

Sherrif's left badge (do the quest, it's fast and you get a free one) with EoE STR 2

Star Emperor seems to be a really good melee class for start, good luck :)

Btw, try to farm mag2 with this set... i think it's enough.

Edited by Ary

This is a lot of food for thought, thank you guys for being so helpful! 
I'll be looking these all up, because I honestly don't have a clue how to obtain these, or any quests, but I'm sure I can find sources on the wiki and other sites.

It's all certainly a lot better than the Eden set I'm currently using (also, I had no idea SE's use shields, oops)

Also, @AnnAnna! I'm starting to get an idea of the class, TKM honestly confused me for a bit, so I'm still trying to figure out how to best utilize this 
(at the moment I'm just Flying kicking > New Moon Kick > Full Moon Kicking mobs) 

5                                              5

Oh, a Ary from the future comes here to strongly suggest a Cenere Card for a cheap and good ASPD bonus, for solar builds.

Edited by Ary

Eden gear > Airship set + no weapon (use spurt to get DMG buff) should be good enough to get 175. You need to join gramps parties though, because leveling without one is really slow once you reach lvl 130.

Panic Garment Update