wanye

Solar burst 0.5 after cast delay and GMT changes

So, a very recent update brought a 0.5 ACD to Solar burst , reducing the combo spam rate massively, even at 193aspd. Cuz of this, the SE’s solo efficiency isn’t as close as good. 

let’s discuss some new strategies for solo play: for example, possibly use ACD reduction gears ( excellion set, expert ring), use stellar line as the new solo build( actually pretty good)

in addition to this , looks like GMT Fenrir break equipment now , including weapon , head gear , shield , EVEN BOOK

Edited by Renamed1

6 hours ago, Renamed1 said:

in addition to this , looks like GMT Fenrir break equipment now , including weapon , head gear , shield

megafun

We can't use expert rings... Sarah earrings (rip PER), Heart Wing Headband, Excellion Set, Chimera Card (i can't remember the full name) and also one of the faceworms cards

14 minutes ago, Ary said:

We can't use expert rings... Sarah earrings (rip PER), Heart Wing Headband, Excellion Set, Chimera Card (i can't remember the full name) and also one of the faceworms cards

yes we can wear expert rings after last patch. Just pulled all my gx gear to SE . SB is the new RC now lol

Seems to me that the most reasonably achievable CD reduction for solo build is 47%

+6 Heart Wing Hairband 11%

Excellion set 20%

Expert Rings 10%

Dark Faceworm + Faceworm Card 6%

I tested it with bragi, lvl 9 magic strings and lvl 10 music lesson = 47% (1 INT)

And its actually quite good. I never could spam THAT fast anyway(193 aspd) before the nerffix because of my latency.

Anyone have other suggestions for the CD reduction gear?

Vicious mind book can get up to 20% ACD reduction but good luck refining it. IMO you're better off just running stellar build when you need to solo.

Edited by Munbalance

ToRY0UQ.png

On 5/13/2017 at 12:14 PM, Nightcore Run said:

I honestly have no idea how to commence the war on memes.

On 11/12/2016 at 11:32 AM, Shalltear said:

0 MvP cards is a ridiculous concept. People work hard for those

Isn't stellar build a bit inferior in terms of damage compared to solar burst?

Falling kick has a 15% chance of procing. Thats around 1.071 times per second at 193 aspd. The damage is 800%.

Solar burst has a 1600% damage, 0.5s cast delay, which is easily reduced to 0.3s.

I think there should be an optimal ASPD and ACD reduction for the solar burst just like Rolling Cutter.

Am I thinking wrong here?

Before the nerf ,I tested both solar burst and falling star builds in both GMT and on dummy (solo). They do just about the same dps .

Now after the patch,  falling star should be the better choice , at least for GMT . 

Fanrir time

Solar build :Before patch : about 1+mins , less than 60s with miracle 

after patch :2+mins without miracle.

Fanrir time

falling star build: before patch :1+ mins without miracle 

after patch : dead and naked

22 hours ago, Munbalance said:

Vicious mind book can get up to 20% ACD reduction but good luck refining it. IMO you're better off just running stellar build when you need to solo.

Hey mun .  do you  feel that they also adjusted the damage formula somehow , maybe on Miracle or Hatred. Before the patch with miracle  , I can do 1.5mil solar burst in bio5 , now I just do 700-800k at most. Without miracle, use to be 200k, now it’s 110-150k, all conditions remain the same.  Something feels different but can’t tell for sure

Edited by Renamed1

2 hours ago, Arrow said:

Isn't stellar build a bit inferior in terms of damage compared to solar burst?

Falling kick has a 15% chance of procing. Thats around 1.071 times per second at 193 aspd. The damage is 800%.

Solar burst has a 1600% damage, 0.5s cast delay, which is easily reduced to 0.3s.

I think there should be an optimal ASPD and ACD reduction for the solar burst just like Rolling Cutter.

Am I thinking wrong here?

You are completely correct, however stellar is a much simpler build and the DPS is completely fine for doing stuff like ogh normal and GMT solo when you account for the...

1 hour ago, Renamed1 said:

Fanrir time

falling star build: before patch :1+ mins without miracle 

after patch : dead and naked

Breaking bug. Breaking effects are affecting unbreakable weapons, such as books.

1 hour ago, Renamed1 said:

Hey mun .  do you  feel that they also adjusted the damage formula somehow , maybe on Miracle or Hatred. Before the patch with miracle  , I can do 1.5mil solar burst in bio5 , now I just do 700-800k at most. Without miracle, use to be 200k, now it’s 110-150k, all conditions remain the same.  Something feels different but can’t tell for sure

I've not noticed any difference in my damage aside from the delay.

But yeah, I think optimally, a ACD reduction build with solar burst would probably be best solo still, but that's not as simple as strapping on 80% ASPD and competing with 2b weapon RKs.

ToRY0UQ.png

On 5/13/2017 at 12:14 PM, Nightcore Run said:

I honestly have no idea how to commence the war on memes.

On 11/12/2016 at 11:32 AM, Shalltear said:

0 MvP cards is a ridiculous concept. People work hard for those

Hmm, where was this change posted ? There are no patch notes.... 

I definitely noticed Fenrir breaking nearly all my stuff the other day, including my book (dafuq?)

I honestly don't know the difference pre-nerf/fix/whatevertheycallit as I always preferred the Stellar Route. As unpredictable as 15% star drops are, i tend to have multiple star drops in a fast succession and found dps similar on dummies. Pretty bummed about this change tho as you could have run the same build for both Solar and Stellar and the need for ACD items will kill the ability to get 193 ASPD via equips.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Are there gears on kRO that mitigate whatever Nova implemented? If so, it'spretty lame that they always want to match kRO except when it comes to the gears that help offset things like this recent change.

Edited by Colours