It is seen in either the Highland or Forest biomes on the island (zones 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10).
|Item||% Chance (per carve)|
|47%||A green scale carved from the Garanth.
Sharp, pointed, and impregnated with the dragon's malice.
|33%||A sharp claw carved from Garanth.
This scythe-like talon is just a small part of what made this dragon so deadly.
|20%||A dragon's heart carved from Garanth.
This dragon's vileness permeated every ounce of its flesh, as well as its wicked little heart.
|4th carve (100% chance)||Quantity||Description|
|5~10 (Random)||A damaged gem collected from the remains of Garanth.
Deep cracks run along the dulled surface, but there is still hope of restoring its former shine.
Every 9 Monster Kills, you'll be able to obtain a Special Carver which will allow you to acquire a Special Drop on your next carve, at 100% chance.
You can also get a Special Carver after any hunt, with a low chance.
|Special Carver||Special Drop|
Garanth has 3 skills and one debuff that players need to keep in mind, as he casts them often during combat.
- A stacking debuff that can be applied by Festering Winds and Poisonous Spit. It can stack up to 7 times.
- Every few seconds, while affected by Fester, the player will take a portion of its maximum HP. The more stacks a player has, the higher this percentage is.
- Fester will gradually fade away, one stack at a time.
- Garanth pulls all party members within the vicinity towards him and peppers the area with 3x3 poison cloud AoEs that explode within a small delay.
- Getting caught in the small explosions builds up 1 Fester stack on the player.
- Garanth marks a target and deploy a 7x7 AoE around it that explodes within a small delay.
- Getting caught in the explosion builds up 2 Fester stacks.
- Garanth pushes all players back from him, becoming immune to damage before taking a flight. During the flight, Garanth marks a player and shoots meteors in his direction.
- Garanth can change targets periodically within this sequence and returns to its original position after using this skill.
- Fester can stack up to 7 times, with each stack increasing the damage exponentially. This means it deals low damage at a lower amount of stacks, but becomes deadlier the more stacks you have.
- Try to avoid Garanth's poison clouds until the effect fades away to not stack it further.
- As damage is based on a percentage of the player's maximum HP, Tanks might find themselves on a tricky situation if they let Fester build up, even with high resistance or high HP amounts to spare.
and can remove a single Fester stack when used.
- Knowing this, a or an can come in handy when fighting Garanth.
- can also reduce the damage over time effect from Fester by 50%, making it a worthwhile skill to have prepared when facing him.
- Using a is recommended to deal with Garanth's Firestorm, with no real downsides.
|Low Rank Hunts • High Rank Hunts|
|Hunting Mechanics||Rage • Aggro • Skills • Alterations|
|Player Roles||Tank • Damage • Healer • Utility|
||1-Star Hunts||Garanth • Nyia|
|2-Star Hunts||Garronath • Nysori|
|Unreleased||Sybaris • Vakaris • Hrungnir • Anko & Mako|
|Regular Monsters||Ambient Monsters|
|Rewards||Low Rank Shadow Gear • High Rank Shadow Gear • Shadow Gear Refinement • Archangel Wings • Fallen Angel Wings • Ancient Hero • Temporal Armors|
|Gathering & Combinations||Mining • Fishing • Foraging • Combinations|
|Lore||The Savage Coast • The Wyvern • Astrid • Seruel • Delphina • Sain • Will • Reidin Kurs|