Player vs Player
There're various ways to engage in PvP in Ragnarok Online, catering to both casual and hardcore players
Duels can be done anywhere through the following commands:
- @duel <player> - Invites a player of your choice to a private duel with you. Leaving the map or dying will end the duel.
- @duel - If you don't mention a player, this will create a duel without restrictions. Then you may use @invite to invite as many players as you wish.
- @invite - Invites a player to a duel that's already created. If someone leaves a private duel, you may invite someone else, but there'll be a 2 player limit.
- @leave - Leaves the duel. If your enemy disconnects instead of dying normally, you may be stuck in a duel with no other participants, use this command to leave.
Casual PvP. Can be accessed from any town through the PvP Warper NPC. There're various rooms:
- All Levels - No restrictions
- Transcendent & Below - For non-3rd Class characters only.
- Guild Arena - Similar to All Levels, but with GvG mechanics activated. While inside, you cannot harm players of their own Guild.
There's no penalty on death. Upon entering, you're given 5 points, gaining 1 more per kill and losing 5 per death. If a player has less than 0 points, they'll be kicked from the room. The rankings based on the amount of points per player are displayed in the bottom right of the screen.
The top ranked player will see a "Time Attack" message and a stopwatch timer will begin, indicating the amount of time one kept rank 1 for.
See also: BattlegroundsStructured PvP with random teams, for those who want to fight for objectives and rewards. Battlegrounds makes use of GvG mechanics for its game modes.
War of Emperium
See also: War of EmperiumStructured PvP with premade teams (guilds) that takes place twice a week. Specialized mechanics and rules apply for WoE.