Shadow Gear Refinement

From NovaRO: Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Ryler Ignison
RylerIgnison.png
NPC Purpose: Shadow Refiner
Map: The Wyvern (@go mh)
Coordinates: (242, 198)


Refining Shadow Gear

Refining Shadow Gear requires either Elunium or Enriched Elunium, an Armor Sphere or Armor Sphere+, and 200,000z. Like normal armor refining, it is completely safe to refine up to +4. From +4 onward. Enriched Elunium will have a higher chance of success than Normal Elunium.

Shadow Gears can be refined uniquely by Ryler Ignison, located at The Wyvern (2009rwc_03 242, 198)Copied!, accessible by typing @go MH.

When a refinement is failed using an Armor Sphere, there is a 70% chance to Curse the Shadow Gear and 30% chance of it losing 1 refine. These chances have no impact when a refinement is successful.

When a refinement is failed using an Armor Sphere+, there is a 70% chance of nothing happening and a 30% chance to Curse the Shadow Gear. These chances have no impact when a refinement is successful. Armor Sphere+ can only be used on Shadow Gear that is +7 or higher.

When a Shadow Gear becomes Cursed, it will be unable to be upgraded until it is purified. It will still be usable, retain its stats and works exactly like a non-cursed version, except it will be unable to be refined.

To purify a Cursed Shadow Gear, speak to the Shadow Gear Refining NPC and go through the refinement process as normal. If the piece is cursed, he'll be able to purify it for a fee of assorted identical Ingots and some Gold Coins.

The cost will vary, depending on the Refine of the Cursed piece.

Refine Rate # of Ingots # of Gold Coins
+6 or lower 1 5
+7 or +8 2 10
+9 or higher 3 20


The refinement rates for Shadow Gear are the same as regular armor rates, shown below:

Upgrade Normal Elunium Enriched Elunium
+4 -> +5 60% 90%
+5 -> +6 40% 70%
+6 -> +7 40% 70%
+7 -> +8 20% 40%
+8 -> +9 20% 40%
+9 -> +10 9% 20%

Armor Spheres

Lisbeth
Lisbeth.png
NPC Purpose: Armor Spheres NPC
Map: The Wyvern (@go mh)
Coordinates: (241, 201)

Armor Spheres and Armor Sphere+ are used in the refining of Shadow Gears. They are crafted with Monster Energy, acquired by turning in drops from their associated Great or Primal Monster.

Monster loots can be converted into Monster Energy and further Armor Spheres by Lisbeth, located at The Wyvern (2009rwc_03 241, 201)Copied!, accessible by typing @go MH.

An Armor Sphere costs 100 Monster Energy, while an Armor Sphere+ costs 500 Monster Energy.

Each type of loot will give you a different amount of Monster Energy, shown in the chart below:

Primal Monster Energy (crafts Armor Sphere (Primal) and Armor Sphere+(Primal))
Small Monster Bone Bone Fragment Primal Monster Bone Primal Monster Skull
2 100 50 500
Garanth Monster Energy (crafts Armor Sphere (Garanth) and Armor Sphere+(Garanth))
Juvenile Dragon Scale Juvenile Dragon Claw Juvenile Dragon Heart Piece Juvenile Dragon Tail
30 40 55 100
Nyia Monster Energy (crafts Armor Sphere (Nyia) and Armor Sphere+(Nyia))
Juvenile Mermaid Scale Juvenile Mermaid Cloth Piece Juvenile Mermaid Droplet Juvenile Mermaid Tail
30 40 55 100
Garronath Monster Energy (crafts Armor Sphere (Garronath) and Armor Sphere+ (Garronath))
Poison Dragon Talon Poison Dragon Claw Poison Dragon Venom Garronath Head
30 40 55 100
Nysori Monster Energy (crafts Armor Sphere (Nysori) and Armor Sphere+(Nysori))
Mermaid Scale Mermaid Harp Piece Mermaid Bracelet Mermaid Tail
30 40 55 100


Monster Hunting
Low Rank HuntsHigh Rank Hunts
Hunting Mechanics RageAggroSkillsAlterations
Player Roles TankDamageHealerUtility
Monsters
1-Star Hunts GaranthNyia
2-Star Hunts GarronathNysori
Unreleased SybarisVakarisHrungnirAnko & Mako
Regular Monsters Ambient Monsters
Rewards Low Rank Shadow GearHigh Rank Shadow GearShadow Gear Refinement

Archangel WingsFallen Angel WingsAncient HeroTemporal ArmorsViolet HaloMagical Booster

Gathering & Combinations MiningFishingForagingCombinations
Lore The Savage CoastThe WyvernAstridSeruelDelphinaSainWillReidin Kurs