War of Emperium
The War of Emperium (commonly referred to as WoE or WOE) is a Guild vs Guild PvP mode and one of the main attractions of the Ragnarok PvP scene. The War revolves around fighting other guild for ownership of a castle to be their personal headquarters, gaining easier or exclusive access to guild dungeons and other special benefits. All participants in the War of Emperium will also receive Siege Tokens.
This page is about the regular War of Emperium. If you are looking for information on the Draft event, please check Draft War of Emperium.
- 1 Times
- 2 Castle and Dungeon Schedule
- 3 Rules
- 4 Mechanics
- 5 Rewards
- 6 Castle Management
- 7 Treasure Boxes
Times in Server Time (PST or PDT when applicable)
- WoE1, Saturdays at 7:00 AM (outside Daylight Savings Time) or 8:00 AM (during Daylight Savings Time)
You can use the @events command in-game or check the WoE Information NPC in any town to confirm the time.
Castle and Dungeon Schedule
|Month||First Castle||Hall of the Abyss (for WoE 1 winners)|
|January||Cyr (arug_cas02)||Winds of the Ancient (Payon)|
|February||Mardol (arug_cas01)||Hero's Tears (Aldebaran)|
|March||Andlangr (schg_cas02)||Way of the Warrior (Prontera)|
|April||Cyr (arug_cas02)||Hill of the Dead (Geffen)|
|May||Mardol (arug_cas01)||Winds of the Ancient (Payon)|
|June||Andlangr (schg_cas02)||Hero's Tears (Aldebaran)|
|July||Cyr (arug_cas02)||Way of the Warrior (Prontera)|
|August||Mardol (arug_cas01)||Hill of the Dead (Geffen)|
|September||Andlangr (schg_cas02)||Winds of the Ancient (Payon)|
|October||Cyr (arug_cas02)||Hero's Tears (Aldebaran)|
|November||Mardol (arug_cas01)||Way of the Warrior (Prontera)|
|December||Andlangr (schg_cas02)||Hill of the Dead (Geffen)|
Main article: Siege Rules
See also: Siege Customizations
The character to deal the last hit against the castle's Emperium claims the castle for their guild. All characters of a different guild will be warped out when the Emperium breaks. Only normal attacks can damage the Emperium, for 1 damage each, as all skills miss.
After a castle is claimed, other guilds can immediately re-enter and attempt to break the Emperium. The current holder, at the time of the War's end, will retain the castle and reap its benefits until the next War in the following week. The owning guild of a castle has several advantages to help them weather the storm of multiple attacking guilds, such as Guardian Stones and Barricades.
The rules of battle are very different from regular PvP environments. The following are the changes found in War of Emperium, also known as GvG mechanics, standing for Guild vs Guild.
- Mindbreaker cannot be used inside of War of Emperium.
- Endure won't give flinch resistance
- The following skills are disabled from use inside the GvG area: Assumptio, Plant Cultivation, Ice Wall, Moonlit Water Mill, Intimidate, Teleport, Warp Portal, Dimension Door, High Jump
- Flee is reduced by 20%.
- Long range normal attacks are reduced by 25%.
- All skill-based damage is reduced by 50%.
- Traps last 4 times as long.
- All knock back effects are disabled. Skills like Cicada Skin Shed, Shadow Leap and Phantom Thrust lose some functionality due to this.
- Equipment preventing skills to be canceled during casting (Phen card and similar items) do not function.
- /noctrl does not work; players must hold down the mouse button for normal attacks.
- Damage numbers do not appear.
- Death does not cause experience loss.
War of Emperium exclusive changes
- Guild Leadership cannot be transferred while a War is ongoing.
- /mineffect is automatically activated.
- A character's guild emblem is shown above their head.
Within a castle there is one Emperium and two Guardian Stones. These Guardian Stones are the first line of defense for a castle, and if they can be protected, a perfect defense is possible and attackers will be unable to enter the interior of the castle.
As long as a single Stone is standing, an indestructible barrier blocks access to the first barricade of the fort. This barricade vanishes once both Guardian Stones are destroyed. The Guardian Stones, unlike the Emperium, are vulnerable to both offensive and supporting skills. The Guardian Stones can be revived at any time by bringing the proper items. Note that restoring the Stones won't warp enemies away from the castle, they will remain inside, potentially already past the invincible barrier.
While the strategic importance of holding the Stones cannot be overstated, the Guardian Stones also provide an additional role of summoning Guardian soldiers. The number of Guardians that will be summoned depends on the defense rating of the castle, and killed Guardians will automatically be re-summoned after a period of time. If the Guardian Gtone is destroyed, the soldiers under its control will also fall.
Any player on the defending guild team can repair a destroyed Guardian Stone presuming they bring the correct items. A Stone cannot be repaired until 8 minutes has passed since it was destroyed. If both guardian stones become destroyed, the main gate will not be restored until both stones are repaired, but having one active will still allow guardians to be summoned. The items required to repair the stones are as follows:
The Barricades are the second line of defense in a castle should the Guardian Stones fall. If the Guardian Stones are both destroyed the enemy will then be able to infiltrate the castle, so these barricades provide additional defense.
In all castles there are three sets of barricades. These barricades create a line of impassible ground, preventing all players from passing. A barricade is made up of a series of pieces, ranging from 4-8 blocks. All of these pieces must be destroyed before players are allowed to pass. Unlike the Emperium, barricades can be targeted by regular offensive and supportive skills.
Barricades are automatically set up when the War begins, but this is not the case after the Emperium's shattered once.
The guild leader can choose to install them at any time by bringing the required items to the barricade (a control NPC exists next to each barricade). Each barricade line can only be repaired once per castle conquest. The items required to replace the barricades are:
Placed throughout the castle there are several Link Flags. The Link Flags provide fast movement throughout the castle for the defending guild. Each of these flags have a pair located usually in the back of the Emperium room. Each pair of flags has a matching name, and by using these flags, you can travel directly to and from the Emperium room and each of the flag throughout the fort.
In addition to those in the castle, the flags directly outside the castle are also Link Flags, though these are one-way only to the Emperium room.
After WoE, players who participate in WoE will earn Siege Tokens in their RoDEX mail.
- Earning the participation reward requires attending the majority of the War of Emperium.
- Members of the castle owning guild will receive1,250 Siege Tokens and all other participating guilds will earn 1,000 Siege Tokens.
- Members of the castle owning guild will also receive 1 Vellum Weapon or Ammunition , 1 , and 2 , each containing a random
- Members of the winning guild will receive a bonus of 25 Siege Tokens per minute held.
- Members of other participating guilds will receive a bonus of 15 Siege Tokens per minute held.
- Players can earn a maximum of 1,750 Siege Tokens from WoE.
- Players will get 10% of the rewards for each active member to a maximum of 100% with 10 people.
- You can only receive Post-WoE Rewards once per week per person. Multiple clients will not receive additional rewards.
- Each participating member from the guild with the longest defense time will be rewarded 30 million Zeny.
Each player that participated in and won War of Emperium 1 can obtain 1 Highlander's Bounty per day, Sunday through Friday, from the Daily Rewards NPC.
Each Highlander's Bounty contains the following:
- An average of 65 Siege Tokens
- 1 Enriched Oridecon (low chance)
- 1 Enriched Elunium (low chance)
- 1 HD Bradium (low chance)
- 1 HD Carnium (low chance)
Reward Track System
The WoE Reward Track is a system unique to NovaRO, designed to reward players for attending WoE. It's progress will be shown via an UI which players have access to in-game. Any new player to the WoE scene will start on the "Starter Reward Track". Once they complete the starter track, they will be able to select any of the 13 existing tracks they wish to begin. Players can change tracks at no cost, as long as they have not begun progressing on it. Once progress has begun on a track, it must be finished before moving on to a new one.
A player can progress their current track by doing the following:
- Attending regular WoE - 2 track notches
- Attending regular WoE and winning - 3 track notches
- Attending Draft War of Emperium - 1 track notch
|Track Name||Track items||Track Name||Track items|
Plumed Unicorn Helm Track
Rune Wing Helm Track
Greater Dracul Helm Track
Clergy Nurse Cap Track
Soul Ring Track
Swordmaster's Crown Track
Lightning Crown Track
Royal Mantle Track
Battle Standard Track (Garment)
Forest Druid Hat Track
Divine Marching Hat Track
Warlord's Treasure Track