War of Emperium
The War of Emperium (commonly referred to as WoE or WOE) is a Guild vs Guild PvP mode and one of the main attractions of the Ragnarok PvP scene. The War revolves around fighting other guild for ownership of a castle to be their personal headquarters, gaining easier or exclusive access to guild dungeons and other special benefits. All participants in the War of Emperium will also receive Siege Tokens.
This page is about the regular War of Emperium. If you are looking for information on the Draft event, please check Draft War of Emperium.
Times in Server Time (PST or PDT when applicable)
- WoE1, Saturdays at 7:00 AM (24-member limit)
- WoE2, Saturdays at 12:00 PM [Noon] (18-member limit)
Castle and Dungeon Schedule
|Month||First Castle||Second Castle||Hall of the Abyss (for WoE 1 winners)|
|January||Cyr (arug_cas02)||Mardol (arug_cas01)||Winds of the Ancient (Payon)|
|February||Cyr (arug_cas02)||Himinn (schg_cas01)||Hero's Tears (Aldebaran)|
|March||Cyr (arug_cas02)||Vidblainn (schg_cas03)||Way of the Warrior (Prontera)|
|April||Cyr (arug_cas02)||Andlangr (schg_cas02)||Hill of the Dead (Geffen)|
|May||Cyr (arug_cas02)||Mardol (arug_cas01)||Winds of the Ancient (Payon)|
|June||Cyr (arug_cas02)||Himinn (schg_cas01)||Hero's Tears (Aldebaran)|
|July||Cyr (arug_cas02)||Vidblainn (schg_cas03)||Way of the Warrior (Prontera)|
|August||Cyr (arug_cas02)||Andlangr (schg_cas02)||Hill of the Dead (Geffen)|
|September||Cyr (arug_cas02)||Mardol (arug_cas01)||Winds of the Ancient (Payon)|
|October||Cyr (arug_cas02)||Himinn (schg_cas01)||Hero's Tears (Aldebaran)|
|November||Cyr (arug_cas02)||Vidblainn (schg_cas03)||Way of the Warrior (Prontera)|
|December||Cyr (arug_cas02)||Andlangr (schg_cas02)||Hill of the Dead (Geffen)|
All server Rules apply to the War of Emperium.
To create a more fun and engaging WoE environment, several rules are set in place. These can be changed by the administration as the situation demands for it.
- Guild emblem's design must be at least 80% visible to other players.
- Do not steal another guild's name or guild emblem. Even parodies are not allowed.
- There is a maximum cap of 24 players per guild within a castle in WoE 1 and 18 players in WoE 2.
- Hard alliances between guilds are not allowed.
- Guilds allied through the in-game system will be able to damage each other within the castles.
- You cannot help the castle owners to defend the castle from another guild.
- Do not prevent players from entering a castle during WoE. This includes Bloody Branches at the entrance, Warp Portals, Ice Walls, etc.
- Your guild must have an unique emblem to participate in WoE.
- Win-Trading and rigging the outcome of the War of Emperium is not allowed.
- Each guild is allowed one additional single-character guild inside the castle specifically for the purpose of using Mindbreaker or Provoke on the main guild. The player must register his guild as a MBK/Provoke guild aligned with the main guild, and counts towards the guild cap.
- Guilds must not make use of alternate/secondary guilds outside of the exception above. Any other guilds will be counted as alliances.
- In Practice War of Emperiums, MVP cards have no effect.
- Griefing in War of Emperium is not allowed. This includes, and not limited to, a solo player disturbing WoE by killing other members one by one for the fun of it.
The character to deal the last hit against the castle's Emperium claims the castle for their guild. All characters of a different guild will be warped out at that point. Only normal attacks can damage the Emperium, for 1 damage each, as all skills miss.
After a castle is claimed, other guilds can immediately re-enter and attempt to break the Emperium. The current holder, at the time of the War's end, will retain the castle and reap its benefits until the next War in the following week. The owning guild of a castle has several advantages to help them weather the storm of multiple attacking guilds, such as Guardian Stones and Barricades.
The rules of battle are very different from regular PvP environments. The following are the changes found in War of Emperium, also known as GvG mechanics, standing for Guild vs Guild.
- Mindbreaker cannot be used inside of War of Emperium unless you are registered as an MBK Guild.
- Endure won't give flinch resistance
- The following skills are disabled from use inside the GvG area: Assumptio, Basilica, Plant Cultivation, Ice Wall, Moonlit Water Mill, Intimidate, Teleport, Warp Portal, Dimension Door, High Jump
- Flee is reduced by 20%.
- Long range normal attacks are reduced by 25%.
- All skill-based damage except Gloria Domini and Gravitational Field is reduced by 50%.
- Traps last 4 times as long.
- All knock back effects are disabled. Skills like Cicada Skin Shed, Shadow Leap and Phantom Thrust lose some functionality due to this.
- Equipment preventing skills to be canceled during casting (Phen card and similar items) do not function.
- /noctrl does not work; players must hold down the mouse button for normal attacks.
- Damage numbers do not appear.
- Death does not cause experience loss.
War of Emperium exclusive changes
- Guild Leadership cannot be transferred while a War is ongoing.
- /mineffect is automatically activated.
- A character's guild emblem is shown above their head.
Within a castle there is one Emperium and two Guardian Stones. These Guardian Stones are the first line of defense for a castle, and if they can be protected, a perfect defense is possible and attackers will be unable to enter the interior of the castle.
As long as a single Stone is standing, an indestructible barrier blocks access to the first barricade of the fort. This barricade vanishes once both Guardian Stones are destroyed. The Guardian Stones, unlike the Emperium, are vulnerable to both offensive and supporting skills. The Guardian Stones can be revived at any time by bringing the proper items. Note that restoring the Stones won't warp enemies away from the castle, they will remain inside, potentially already past the invincible barrier.
While the strategic importance of holding the Stones cannot be overstated, the Guardian Stones also provide an additional role of summoning Guardian soldiers. The number of Guardians that will be summoned depends on the defense rating of the castle, and killed Guardians will automatically be re-summoned after a period of time. If the Guardian Gtone is destroyed, the soldiers under its control will also fall.
Any player on the defending guild team can repair a destroyed Guardian Stone presuming they bring the correct items. A Stone cannot be repaired until 8 minutes has passed since it was destroyed. If both guardian stones become destroyed, the main gate will not be restored until both stones are repaired, but having one active will still allow guardians to be summoned. The items required to repair the stones are as follows:
The Barricades are the second line of defense in a castle should the Guardian Stones fall. If the Guardian Stones are both destroyed the enemy will then be able to infiltrate the castle, so these barricades provide additional defense.
In all castles there are three sets of barricades. These barricades create a line of impassible ground, preventing all players from passing. A barricade is made up of a series of pieces, ranging from 4-8 blocks. All of these pieces must be destroyed before players are allowed to pass. Unlike the Emperium, barricades can be targeted by regular offensive and supportive skills.
Barricades are automatically set up when the War begins, but this is not the case after the Emperium's shattered once.
The guild leader can choose to install them at any time by bringing the required items to the barricade (a control NPC exists next to each barricade). Each barricade line can only be repaired once per castle conquest. The items required to replace the barricades are:
Placed throughout the castle there are several Link Flags. The Link Flags provide fast movement throughout the castle for the defending guild. Each of these flags have a pair located usually in the back of the Emperium room. Each pair of flags has a matching name, and by using these flags, you can travel directly to and from the Emperium room and each of the flag throughout the fort.
In addition to those in the castle, the flags directly outside the castle are also Link Flags, though these are one-way only to the Emperium room.
Each player that participated in and won War of Emperium 1 can obtain 1 Highlander's Bounty per day, Sunday through Friday, from the Daily Rewards NPC.
Each Highlander's Bounty contains the following:
- An average of 65 Siege Tokens
- 1 Enriched Oridecon (low chance)
- 1 Enriched Elunium (low chance)
- 1 HD Bradium (low chance)
- 1 HD Carnium (low chance)